Serious Sam 2 your cheap ass needs this game!

ECW_fan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I am suprised that there has not been a topic about this yet. With all the x-men legends talk last month, I was sure it would come up. Granted they are two completely different games, IMO this is one XBL game everyone has got to get. I have been fed up with Halo 2 as of late and am always looking for co-op on LIVE games and I have not bee disapionted. Sure theres not to much too it, shoot anything that moves(there is a ton of them), find some secrets, and make it to the exit. With 4 people it has got to be crazy(I have only gotten 2)! The only disaponitment is there is not a whole lot of coperation involved, but for a 40 dollar game(30 at gamefly for subscriber right now) I can over look it.

Yup 4-Player online co-op for xbox live and 8-plater co-op for pc. Was going to pick it up but w/ the PC version only 30 bucks and the xbox version 40 bucks it is a no brainer. However I just got Quake 4 so I am pretty filled on FPS now.

[quote name='specialk']did i read that correctly? 4-player online co-op?[/QUOTE]
Yes and you dont have to stay with the team you can free roam unlike x-men legends 2

There is a topic (I can't find it now), but I will certainly be picking this up once it drops a bit in price. Split-screen is one thing, but 4-person co-op will be hella-fun!

Its a great game. Me and my friend started playing this weekend and its a blast. Mindless shoot em up fun. We are on the catwalk stage right now about little less than half way through the game. I do miss deathmatch aspect of the game, would have been fun to throw parrot bombs at people!

The reviews I've read scared me away from buying it on it's release day.

I picked this up this week, and I'm damn glad I did. After the disappointment that was The Next Encounter, I was glad to see that Croteam was back up to its old tricks of the comedy action combination. The nice thing about co-op is that it automatically ramps up the number of enemies in line with the number of folks playing.

[quote name='"rant from my blog"']
The gods have been praised, a true sequel has finally been delivered. After that disappointment that was "The Next Encounter" by Climax last year, I was starting to have doubts. For the two hours, more importantly the first 1/5th of the game, I was shocked with how great it actually is. I was playing the demo for PC earlier in the year and was impressed (my machine doesn't run it at full speed, you need a screamer for that), and had general expectations set, but the cut scenes take the shaq-fuing cake again. Rarely does a game actually make me laugh out loud, and this got me to do it several times.

I also need to make some compliments on general design of the game. A good thing wasn't screwed around with too much. The formula of when you're going to be locked in with scores of enemies remains intact. There are some new characters and weapons, all of which really fit. My favourite of the new weapons is the Parrot Bomb, it was just very inventive, refreshing, and fun. As for the new characters, I don't have a favourite yet, and I haven't come across any Gnarrs, and I'm doubting that I will (when they were basically 12 poly characters, I don't think they'll come back in a souped up sequel).
[/quote]

My Tag = elDirty, and if I'm on, I'm always game for Sam, it's my favourite franchise of the past decade.

Damn, I was just browsing your pics from E3. That one of you and the Mortal Kombat character is hilarious!

My Tag = elDirty, and if I'm on, I'm always game for Sam, it's my favourite franchise of the past decade.[/QUOTE]

Dirty you are on my Friends list so if you ever see me playing just jump on in!

Me and my friend play in the evenings around 10cst when he get home from work.

[quote name='Snake2715']Is it co op for the xbox without live?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it has split-screen as well.

[quote name='flybrione']No split screen only live or system link[/QUOTE]
And no deathmatch either? I could understand for the PC version where they can patch it later, but they shouldn't have shipped without it for the Xbox.

[quote name='flybrione']I do miss deathmatch aspect of the game, would have been fun to throw parrot bombs at people![/QUOTE]So do you mean that you just haven't been playing the deathmatch lately, or that there IS NO DEATHMATCH? Not having a deathmatch in a game like this would be somewhat odd!

bread's done
Back