Server Error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Temporaryscars

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (100%)
There seems to be a lot of harmless posts in the OTT that have gone missing without explanation. Is the server corrupt or something? Maybe it has been given too much power.

Hope this gets fixed. Other than that, loving CAG 2.0!

I too have seen random posts disappearing. Not sure why, but it's quite strange. Hopefully the error doesn't spread to the deals section or there could be a problem. I trust our team of programmers will look into this?

Whatever, or whoever, is responsible, needs to be taken care of. This is not a joke. The posts were absolutely NOT in the wrong by any means and the fact that so many have been deleted without explanation is both upsetting and wrong.

That's not what's the problem. The problem is posts that don't have any piracy or other rule-breaking parts, are getting deleted. We can't figure out why, and that's what has us upset.

As far as I can see, they are all piracy related, or quoting the deleted piracy posts. I don't see a problem.

I have no intention of being rude, nor do I mean to be, but there are DEFINITELY many posts that were deleted that had absolutely no regards to piracy.

There was a whole wave of deletion that came after piracy discussion had already been deleted and halted, without a doubt. After the thread was culled for a while, all piracy discussion was deleted and the deletions stopped. Then, out of the blue, deletions began again even though no posts had been made since about piracy, or at least very few- not as many as were deleted. Maybe they were hard deleted?

We can assure you posts not relating to piracy were delete, and many OTTers will vouch this statement. Liquid, Rocko, Temp, mak, and myself are but a few who saw this happen.

I made a post stating that I was going to change the title of the OTT to the Magically shrinking OTT, or possibly the magically shriking OTT.

That was deleted.

Then Frosty commented on the fact that my joke was deleted, and his post was deleted.

This all occured between what is now post #110 and #114.

[quote name='CheapyD']As far as I can see, they are all piracy related, or quoting the deleted piracy posts. I don't see a problem.[/QUOTE]

Is it possible that the posts they're talking about were hard-deleted?

In the past, when there have been piracy-related posts deleted the reaction wasn't strong enough to draw threads about it in here. This seems like something more than that.

Shrike is mad with power

We know he wants the OTT shut down, so he's doing what he can to make sure it happens.

This needs to be stopped, OTTers are the only target of this discrimination.

Last edited by a moderator:
If there's a record kept of all posts in question that were deleted than I think the best solution would be to make them available here. If they were indeed all piracy related then the people here complaining would have no argument. If they weren't . . .

IIRC, LinkinPrime once permanently deleted a big thread in the 360 forum and it could not be recovered. It seems as though this could be the case here if CheapyD says nothing but posts pertaining to piracy, or quoting said posts, were deleted.

[quote name='Rocko']IIRC, LinkinPrime once permanently deleted a big thread in the 360 forum and it could not be recovered. It seems as though this could be the case here if CheapyD says nothing but posts pertaining to piracy, or quoting said posts, were deleted.[/quote]

Yep. There is a way that you can delete posts for good, and I assume that is an option. Whoever is deleting the posts must be using that option.

I have faith that CheapyD is not lying, but there were definately harmless posts getting deleted.

[quote name='anomynous']I have a motion to demod Shrike[/quote]

This.

I used to like Shrike alot, however recently he has turned into a complete dick.

Shrike just did it again

No mention of piracy in any of the post deleted, yet he goes through and deletes posts because he doesn't like the OTT. Too bad, he's a mod, he has to deal with it. It's not his site

And he removed my sig

I removed your sig, anomynous.
Please read our signature guidelines before creating another one. You can find that information here.

The option to hard delete posts should not have been enabled. That is my fault. I meant to change that when we upgraded to this software version. It has now been changed.

To answer the thread creator's question, the servers are running fine.
I think you will find that piracy-related posts will continue to be deleted, but perhaps there will be less deleted posts overall.

Since your question has been answered, I'm closing this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back