Server speed has picked up, Great job Cheapy!

I'm have a DSL modem and it's taking me at least 5 minutes to load a page. That's if it even loads at all - this is my second attempt trying to respond, I got a 404 after trying to submit my post the first time.

This lag fu.cking sucks.

Fu.ck it, I'm off for the night.

It seems to be slightly better today. The lag was driving me crazy yesterday. And when I saw the board was down, I actually was forced to leave my house.

I'm pretty sure that the slowness is being caused by search engines spidering the forums...it should be over soon.

I'll work on this so its not a problem the next time the 'bots come.

[quote name='CheapyD']I'm pretty sure that the slowness is being caused by search engines spidering the forums...it should be over soon.

I'll work on this so its not a problem the next time the 'bots come.[/quote]

Bots? Sounds like you should have invested in Old Glory Robot Insurance.

Sweet, yesterday it was a total pain in the afternoon for some reason, and at night. Not like I post as much as I used to but Darke Katt...won't anyone think of poor Darke Katt :(

[quote name='CheapyD']I'm pretty sure that the slowness is being caused by search engines spidering the forums...it should be over soon.

I'll work on this so its not a problem the next time the 'bots come.[/quote]

I think I speak for everyone when I say I appreciate it oh Commander of Cheapness. Just figures it'd be spiderman's fault though.

Edit: And thanks to whomever moved my topic in here as well. Still might want to nix or lock the double, but ya... thanks.

homerdoh.gif

I should have known there would probably be a thread in this folder! Oh well, with the 404's I was getting, it might have took forever getting here.

I feel like a n00b... :oops:

Anyways, CheapyD, a huge thanks for all the work you've been doing. :D

Yeah, msnbot is not quite done with us yet.
I think these forums are not designed to handle the spidering right out of the box. It puts too much strain on the server.

I will hopefully have a solution before the next spidering session takes place.

Cheapy you should be in spiderman 3, only now that spiderman is evil and is messing up our message boards you could be the hero and kill him.

We are working on a few more changes this week.
Hopefully there will be a noticable speed increase in time for the weekend.

I am not fat enough to be Kingpin and I'm too tall to be Spiderman.

[quote name='CheapyD']We are working on a few more changes this week.
Hopefully there will be a noticable speed increase in time for the weekend.

I am not fat enough to be Kingpin and I'm too tall to be Spiderman.[/quote]

Kingpin's not fat. That's muscle.

Ok, here is what I think (hope) will be the last update on this. The server was moved to a new location (down the hallway at its secret location) and there were some mismatched configurations on the switch and the NIC.

All the duplexes are now in alignment and the site seems much faster.

15cover.gif

http://www.twomorrows.com/kirby/15.html

brianbendis.jpg

It might just be the bald thing, but cheapy remionds me of Brian Michael Bendis.

and i can finnaly turn avatars back on!

bread's done
Back