Setting up a completely cable free internet tv home setup/ show recommendations?

udabenshen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I hope the title isn't confusing. Of course it isn't free, as i have a desktop (windows based), a ps3, and an hdtv. Right now I'm using TVersity to load everything. Any shows that I can get as a non-torrent (aka webshows using rss feeds) to recommend? All I have right now is the revision 3 stuff, some msnbc news stuff and thats it. Any thing to recommend?

I don't know what you are talking about, but I haven't had cable TV for 6 years. I have an old Pentium 3 computer in my basement running Azureus. Whenever I want to download a show, I just drop the torrent file on a share and it automatically imports and downloads. I currently have another computer in my living room connected to my HDTV. It has an ATI All-In-Wonder card with the Remote Wonder. I use the remote to open the shared folder of videos and play whatever one I want. It has served me well and requires zero maintenance.

However, it is not quite fast enough to play true 720p or higher due to being a plain Pentium 4 system. The Core2Duo Macs in my house are able to play everything up to 1080, so as soon as I spot the new model Mac Mini on the refurb store, I will be replacing the TV computer with that.

obviously Hulu. Watching Friday Night Lights Season 1 from my old pc connected to my tv through hdmi. While the quality isnt equal to hdtv,, its not bad and the convenience is great.

Check out Tribler. It's a torrent application designed specifically with television in mind.

I know you said non-torrent, but that's where all the content is.

bread's done
Back