Sex and the city - new MSRP?

rebenns

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I noticed that many online retailers have been selling Sex and the City for around 24.99 (season 1) to 29.99 (all others, except 6 part 2). Now, I see B&M stores, such as Target, offering similar prices. They were preveiously $39.99 everywhere. Could this mean a universal price drop? Could other HBO shows soon follow suit?

[quote name='camoor']LOL I just bought the Carnivale season 1 box set for $70.

How much do other season box sets run for?[/QUOTE]

damn thats way expensive. Most I ever spent was 50 for band of brothers used but I had store credit. Shit is too damn expensive. Anywho, I hope they go down cause I could get them for me ma.

If you like Sex in the City, you'll love Couplings - the British version. Same topic, only better done.

"Lesbian Spank Inferno?!?"
"The Giggle Cycle"
"Unflushable"

Trust me, it's totally worth it.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']damn thats way expensive. Most I ever spent was 50 for band of brothers used but I had store credit. Shit is too damn expensive. Anywho, I hope they go down cause I could get them for me ma.[/QUOTE]

Well - I got them with credit card points

But really - it's a good deal in comparison to the price of new games coming out every day for $40 - $50.

I just never bought a box set, so I didn't know what to expect.

[quote name='camoor']Well - I got them with credit card points

But really - it's a good deal in comparison to the price of new games coming out every day for $40 - $50.

I just never bought a box set, so I didn't know what to expect.[/QUOTE]

Well as Cheap Ass Gamers we shouldn't be spending $40-$50 on games or DVDs.
The most I've spent on a DVD season was $20, and I've gotten quite a few for $10.

The crap kicker is season 5 only has about 8 episodes...hardly worth $30+ dollars + HBO tried to squeeze the consumer for more dough by DIVIDING Season 6 (which is only about 20 episodes). I think that's a jip. Plus NO extras anywho!

My wife is a big fan, but we stopped at Season 4!

Still, despite the crappy DVD marketing gimmick, that show was the biggedy bomb!

Season 1 had 12 episodes.

The show is just funny and an interesting perspective of comedy and life based through four womens eyes. I have seasons 1-3, and plan to purchase the rest soon.

TBS cut out a lot of sexual overtones and other jokes, including "graphic" stuff, if you know what I mean.

The new MSRP for the originals, is probably for the "ultimate" set coming out, featuring new packaging and a lot of special features. I have no idea when those are coming out, however, I hear they'll be like 300 dollars for the entire set.

[quote name='Nephets']TBS cut out a lot of sexual overtones and other jokes, including "graphic" stuff, if you know what I mean.[/QUOTE]

Just how "graphic" was this show? Like, would it be rated PG-13, or R, or borderline NC-17? I'm a married man and I don't want to see anything too over-the-top.

It would bust out into R-rating territory. Nekkid women bits, but I don't think there's any full frontal and very frank discussions about sex.

The only episode I can think of that would push the R barrier is the one in season two, with the Tantric massage demonstration, where Miranda gets hit in the face with the same substance that was mistaken as hair gel in There's Something About Mary.

bread's done
Back