SF4 Tournament Edition FightStick worth it?

xenoman80

CAGiversary!
So im looking on the gamestop website and notice theres a new stick coming out the new sf game. ive always wanted a stick but could never afford it till now. wondering if anyone knows anything about the stick, is it worth the actually price? i mean it says it uses offical parts. I mean at that price i might as well go get a custom stick right? anyone wants to weigh in?

ps3- http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=73046

xbox 360- http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=73049

I would say no because in total you would have spent close to 240 dollars for the game and the stick. You just bought another 360 or a Wii. but if you are hardcore about getting the true street fighter experience, go for it

At $150, you can definitely get a custom. The appeal of these Mad Catz tournament sticks is that they are 8 button and have independent turbo controls. It's all Sanwa parts, and IMO it doesn't get better than that when it comes to parts. These are the same parts used in the Vewlix SFIV cabinets.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=162653

So if you want to enjoy fighting games to their full potential, I think it's worth it. But take this coming from someone who owns two Virtua Stick High Grades for the PS3 and a custom Sanwa joystick for the Xbox360 from www.arcadeinabox.com. I also preordered the Mad Catz Tournament joystick.

I don't mean to be an ass but this isn't a specific deal and thus should have been posted in General Gaming. Maybe even the Arcade Stick Thread.

Back on topic, I'm not sure whether this is the stick MarkMan is working on or not. I'll admit I don't know a whole lot about arcade sticks but from what I gather the model that he and his team are working on is the one to beat.

edit: Er, I seem to have eaten my hat a little on this one. The stick you linked in the first post is, in fact, the stick MarkMan has been talking about for a while now. Sorry about the confusion.

[quote name='tokerblue']At $150, you can definitely get a custom. The appeal of these Mad Catz tournament sticks is that they are 8 button and have independent turbo controls. It's all Sanwa parts, and IMO it doesn't get better than that when it comes to parts. These are the same parts used in the Vewlix SFIV cabinets.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=162653

So if you want to enjoy fighting games to their full potential, I think it's worth it. But take this coming from someone who owns two Virtua Stick High Grades for the PS3 and a custom Sanwa joystick for the Xbox360 from www.arcadeinabox.com. I also preordered the Mad Catz Tournament joystick.[/QUOTE]

looking at the send link you gave me there wow theres so many options!? i mean are they all worth it? jus slighty diffrent prices it seems, i mean i would go with one of the sticks compatible with both the 360 and ps3. i mean i own both and plan on getting the games on both or at leasting buying one and renting 1.

[quote name='xenoman80']looking at the send link you gave me there wow theres so many options!? i mean are they all worth it? jus slighty diffrent prices it seems, i mean i would go with one of the sticks compatible with both the 360 and ps3. i mean i own both and plan on getting the games on both or at leasting buying one and renting 1.[/quote]
There are a lot of options on AIAB. You can pick the case size, the joystick type, button layout and button type. Then decide on the color layout and art. It's not cheap, but the owner Ed Farias makes quality joysticks.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Mad Catz

Lost my interest.

& this doesn't belong here since its not a VIDEO GAME DEAL[/quote]

I agree this doesn't belong here.

But, your loss. lol.

If the SF4 joystick will make you channel the power of RYU better whilst wearing his offical headband, splurge. If the Ion rocker drumset makes you feel like a rock star...doll out the duckets.

Invest what makes you happy.
(the joystick does look teh sexah though)

I just don't fucking get it. When a new guy posts something that's already been said in a megathread, he gets crapped on by all the smug little bastards who post here regularly, but when someone who posts every other day makes a thread like this, it gets genuine discussion. Is it because he's posting about something pertaining to Japanese vidja games? God, weeaboos sure love elitism.

Hypocrisy at it's finest, ladies and gentlemen.

[quote name='grifter_mcgraw']I just don't fucking get it. When a new guy posts something that's already been said in a megathread, he gets crapped on by all the smug little bastards who post here regularly, but when someone who posts every other day makes a thread like this, it gets genuine discussion. Is it because he's posting about something pertaining to Japanese vidja games? God, weeaboos sure love elitism.

Hypocrisy at it's finest, ladies and gentlemen.[/quote]

Agreed... very much so :(

I can here hoping for a deal! I wanna get one but need to get some kind of deal on it. Are they going to bundle this with the game or anything?

Seriously when i saw the thread title on the CAG main page i was like "Ohh god, another newbie post in the DEAL section" and i saw 15 replies i thought it was going to be 15 comments of pure smack talking.
But then when i enter the thread itself i was severely disappointed.

I agree with the others, clearly a double standard.
Hell he's been here way longer, he should have known better.

[quote name='supraazn']Seriously when i saw the thread title on the CAG main page i was like "Ohh god, another newbie post in the DEAL section" and i saw 15 replies i thought it was going to be 15 comments of pure smack talking.
But then when i enter the thread itself i was severely disappointed.

I agree with the others, clearly a double standard.
Hell he's been here way longer, he should have known better.[/quote]

Agreed as well.. I mod alerted it when I posted.. but had someone done it at 1:50 when it was posted this would never have happened @_@

[quote name='xenoman80']So im looking on the gamestop website and notice theres a new stick coming out the new sf game. ive always wanted a stick but could never afford it till now. wondering if anyone knows anything about the stick, is it worth the actually price? i mean it says it uses offical parts. I mean at that price i might as well go get a custom stick right? anyone wants to weigh in?

ps3- http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=73046

xbox 360- http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=73049[/quote]

Why is this any better than this stick, which can be obtained for $100 cheaper?

http://www.amazon.com/PS3-Fighting-Stick-3-Playstation/dp/B000MWE3BI

[quote name='lolwaut']Why is this any better than this stick, which can be obtained for $100 cheaper?

http://www.amazon.com/PS3-Fighting-Stick-3-Playstation/dp/B000MWE3BI[/quote]

that stick is terrible for street fighter. i have soul calibur branded one which i think is exactly the same except for the stickers. works fine for soul calibur and i assume 3d fighters, but i tried using it for super hd remix and didn't work out too well. i have an over abundance of gamestop credit so i'll probably pick up this stick. have the ce preordered so a shiny new stick to go along with it will be nice.

[quote name='grifter_mcgraw']I just don't fucking get it. When a new guy posts something that's already been said in a megathread, he gets crapped on by all the smug little bastards who post here regularly, but when someone who posts every other day makes a thread like this, it gets genuine discussion. Is it because he's posting about something pertaining to Japanese vidja games? God, weeaboos sure love elitism.

Hypocrisy at it's finest, ladies and gentlemen.[/quote]
Unfortunately the good guys can't be everywhere at once.

I know that personally I do try to give a gentle nudge in the right direction and there are quite a few other CAGs that do the same. Unfortunately the flame fests usually either get locked or deleted so that you never see it.

Also it's Christmas as others have said. Folks tend to be more lenient around the holidays. I do think this topic deserves a proper discussion however I don't want to derail the thread at hand. Perhaps you can create a topic about it over in Forum Issues and we can all air out our grievances.

sorry about posting in the wrong place. kinda figured it belonged here and yea ive been here along time but im not on as often as id like to be! but from the looks i might go with one of the custom sticks that are compatible with both the 360 and ps3.

I'm more of a d-pad user and I hope that the new street fighter IV regular controller delivers in that department. Best d-pad for me was the snes controller, it was awesome to play street fighter on that.

Tried and arcade stick once, the official dreamcast one and I hated that type of joystick style, which seems to be the standard for fighting sticks.

[quote name='magus83']
Tried and arcade stick once, the official dreamcast one and I hated that type of joystick style, which seems to be the standard for fighting sticks.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's a Japanese-style stick. If you modded one with a Happ/IL Competition stick, it would feel a lot different.

Not for the SFIV sticks, but the ps3 pad is wireless if I remember right.

I can't think of any good wireless sticks in general, off the top of my head, either.

I may just pick up the normal aracde stick for the 360 if I get one. I'm also picking up the Chunli fightpad... I'm still sad they took her off the cover.

bread's done
Back