SFIV Madcatz Fight Pad, $19.99 B&M,YMMV Best Buy

bigpimpin24

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Was over at Best Buy looking for a Router and was looking around the video games section when I saw those Madcatz SFIV fight pads that came out earlier this year on clearance for 50% off. I picked up the Ryu and Blanka editions. I left 2 Ken ones. This was at the Best Buy in Highland, Indiana.

Good luck!

*Here's what they look like: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Mad+Cat...1218061849340&skuId=9220354&st=sfiv&cp=1&lp=6

I paid 40 for mine and they're definitely worth it if you like fighting games and aren't hardcore enough to require sticks. I also use this a great deal for xbla games, works like a charm on Mega Man 9.

Picked up 1 of 2 Blanka 360 pads at Altamonte Springs, FL, this past weekend. Will go nicely with the Chun-Li one I bought waaaaay back at launch.

Sweet deal, those were selling from $60-100 on ebay when they first came out. Funny that they are actually now on clearance.

Confirmed in Stafford, VA.

Was able to grab one of each as backups. They had a Ryu and two Chun-Lis left after me.

[quote name='bigpimpin24']Was over at Best Buy looking for a Router and was looking around the video games section when I saw those Madcatz SFIV fight pads[/QUOTE]

HA. what a coincidence. I was looking to buy a wireless router this weekend and happen to see the sfiv pads also. i did purchase the fight pads and not the router!

Gonna check a BB in Norfolk VA later today, definatley want another one, my Ryu Pad i got at Launch has served me nicely, but is starting to crap out.

the key with BB clearance is that you usually have to go to lower volume BB stores to find clearance prices. for example, i was looking for a monitor 2 years ago, and the BB store about a mile away from me was still selling it for around $400, while 2 stores about 15 miles away or so were selling the same exact monitor for around $200. if you're in a BB store and it's not on clearance there, ask someone to check the prices of other stores you can drive to, because they can do that. that way, you know where to go to get it on clearance, and don't waste trips to countless BB stores just to find it at regular price or close to regular price...

and thanks OP, i'll look into it today, i was actually waiting for them to drop myself...

Yeah they're actually pretty nice for being Madcatz. I always try to stay away from 3rd party stuff and what not but I was looking for a Turbo controller and these also happen to have turbo on them so win/win! They're quite comfortable as well :p

[quote name='VxExLxVxExT']the key with BB clearance is that you usually have to go to lower volume BB stores to find clearance prices. for example, i was looking for a monitor 2 years ago, and the BB store about a mile away from me was still selling it for around $400, while 2 stores about 15 miles away or so were selling the same exact monitor for around $200. if you're in a BB store and it's not on clearance there, ask someone to check the prices of other stores you can drive to, because they can do that. that way, you know where to go to get it on clearance, and don't waste trips to countless BB stores just to find it at regular price or close to regular price...

and thanks OP, i'll look into it today, i was actually waiting for them to drop myself...[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip will keep this in mind next time im looking for a BB clearance item.
i really wanted a controller but they are sold out in both Irving, TX location, 183 and marketplace blvd.

This may not be YMMV. I just picked up 2 in Chicago and they rang up 19.99 without any adjustments.

fwiw, The tag on the rack said 35.99 and the one on the package said 39.99 but it indeed rang up @19.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Confirmed in Rockville, MD. Picked up one for $19.99. For those that are saying it's not 19.99, are you looking at the shelf tag or actually getting it rung up? It was marked 39.99 on the shelf tag at one BB, and 35.99 at another BB, rang up as 19.99

EDIT - FYI, there were 2 Blanka controllers left in the Gaithersburg store, and 1 Blanka controller in the Rockville store (I picked up the last Chun-li one :))

A lot of the Amazon reviews say the D-Pad has problems with diagonals. Hard to imagine it not being better than the one on the standard Xbox 360 controller though...

Thats the only thing i hate about it, after a couple months, the diagnals on the Fight Pad tend to start wearing out, making it harder to do simple stuff like Shoryukens. Aside from that, its one of the best and cheapest controllers of its kind for the 360, if i had the money, i would easily buy 2-3 of them.

IMO these are pretty much a must-have if you own a 360, since that pad's d-pad is junk. I never bought a PS3 version partly because that pad's already fine for stuff I'd use it for.

It's fine. Maybe a bit 'big', but it seems responsive and everything.

Definitely chain-wide, my BB had a clearance sticker on them, with a bunch available. Got one, may pick up a second for hacking - probably the easiest pad to do it with.

Just scored one of these today. They had 3 Ryu's and 1 Blanka (all 360), so I took the Blanka. They were priced $29.99 but had a $23.98 clearance hanger tag on the rack. Brought it up to the register and it rang up $19.99.

Is this clearance on the 360 pads only? Or does it include PS3 as well? I could really use one of these for my PS3.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Thats the only thing i hate about it, after a couple months, the diagnals on the Fight Pad tend to start wearing out, making it harder to do simple stuff like Shoryukens.[/QUOTE]This was true in my experience too - I got the pad that came with the PC version. Was fine at the beginning, for the most part, but after a few months the input detection (especially diagonals) got much worse. I could see in practice mode just how much worse it had gotten. Still, for the price they're offering now, not bad.

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']This was true in my experience too - I got the pad that came with the PC version. Was fine at the beginning, for the most part, but after a few months the input detection (especially diagonals) got much worse. I could see in practice mode just how much worse it had gotten. Still, for the price they're offering now, not bad.[/QUOTE]

Oh great :roll: *sigh* Why doesn't Microsoft just FIX THEIR FREAKING GAME PAD!?! Four years isn't long enough? This should never have been released as-is back in 2005, and should have been fixed within the second batch of controllers back in 2005.

It should not be almost 2010 with no word on a fix from Microsoft, or even an acknowledgment that their controller is broken. The damn thing is basically flawless other than that too. I don't get it.

[quote name='bigpimpin24']I just wish they were wireless.. Freaking cord is like 1 mile long D;[/QUOTE]

Personally I prefer wired :whistle2:D

These controllers are very cheaply made...It's Mad-Katz, so you know that story..lol. I bought a couple back when they first came out. The d-pad will wear out quickly and make it hard to pull off diagonal moves. I sold them off for a profit.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Oh great :roll: *sigh* Why doesn't Microsoft just FIX THEIR FREAKING GAME PAD!?! Four years isn't long enough? This should never have been released as-is back in 2005, and should have been fixed within the second batch of controllers back in 2005.

It should not be almost 2010 with no word on a fix from Microsoft, or even an acknowledgment that their controller is broken. The damn thing is basically flawless other than that too. I don't get it.

Personally I prefer wired :whistle2:D[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. Except that wires suck ass ;)

Picked up a Ken 360 pad in Quakertown, PA. They had 3 Ken's and 1 Blanka. Went to the BB in Whitehall and they didn't have any, I only looked for 360 pads though.

So far I've only been using it for some auto slot machine usage on Tales of Vesperia. Kind of sad, but mad useful cause I was able to get a few achievements by leaving it doing stuff automatically with the Turbo function. It being wired and not automatically shutting off kind of comes in handy too I guess. :p

[quote name='Wolfpup']Oh great :roll: *sigh* Why doesn't Microsoft just FIX THEIR FREAKING GAME PAD!?! Four years isn't long enough? This should never have been released as-is back in 2005, and should have been fixed within the second batch of controllers back in 2005.

[/QUOTE]

3rd that nomination. I was wondering about the d-pad on the SFIV controllers as well. The OEM MS controller d-pad is pure *expletive* junk. It's barely good enough for weapon selection or squad commands, but that's even a stretch cause the wrong weapon is frequently selected, or commands given.

example: Wait...pause, reselect weapon, or reissue command. Damn, I stopped moving and someone just blew my head off.

besides the overheating design, this is a close second to ruining a good gaming experience. Hey M$, get it right when you release Xbox 1080 will ya?

thanks OP. Grabbed 2 Ken and 1RYU/CHUNLI/BLANKA. Opened a KEN one for usage, and the rest for collection...

[/QUOTE]

God yes.

I don't suppose anyone here ever tried to get one of the supposedly improved European pads that came out with Pro Evolution Soccer 2009. Here's an article mentioning it. I trolled eBay for one about a year ago but had zero luck.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3169498

[quote name='Halo05']God yes.

I don't suppose anyone here ever tried to get one of the supposedly improved European pads that came out with Pro Evolution Soccer 2009. Here's an article mentioning it. I trolled eBay for one about a year ago but had zero luck.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3169498[/QUOTE]

I actually had one for sale on here a few months back. I sold it for $120 shipped. They are very rare and extremely hard to come by even on an international level; but some people didn't think the d-pad is worth the effort or the money. I actually got to use it and I loved it. If I ever come across one again I'll shoot u a message. Although they don't come cheap. ;)

I have been looking for a good deal on a fightpad for my friends. Heard about the clearance sales at best buy. Decided to call my local stores this morning to see if any of them had them in stock. The employees told me they don't sell them in the store, and I would have to buy them online (40 bucks).

Welp, I don't really trust customer service, so decided to drive out and check it out for myself. Low and behold, they had 2 chun-li fightpads for 20 bucks! Picked them both up and now have happy friends.

Great deal, thanks for the tips, and don't trust the employees.

(this was at the best buy in st. louis missouri, the crestwood one)

I purchased two and decided to return them both. The one I opened was defective and was no recognized by the 360 no matter what settings on the controller were set to (as per directions). Vista laptop as did not recognize as a USB device.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']bah all my store had was chun li and ken. I want akuma or blanka![/QUOTE]

Akuma was Gamestop exclusive I thought...

My Bestbuy in Highland, Indiana still had one Ken pad left after all this time haha. I would have thought it to get snatched up by now but I guess not.

[quote name='shinryu333']akuma is gamecrazy exclusive. just bought one 2 weeks ago from there but for $39.99[/QUOTE]

ah well that explains why I've never seen it

[quote name='shinryu333']akuma is gamecrazy exclusive. just bought one 2 weeks ago from there but for $39.99[/QUOTE]

They may have been shortly, but I have seen an Akuma PS3 controller at Gamestop, and an Akuma 360 controller at Best Buy.

bread's done
Back