SFIV Madcatz Fight Pad, $19.99 B&M,YMMV Best Buy

bigpimpin24

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Was over at Best Buy looking for a Router and was looking around the video games section when I saw those Madcatz SFIV fight pads that came out earlier this year on clearance for 50% off. I picked up the Ryu and Blanka editions. I left 2 Ken ones. This was at the Best Buy in Highland, Indiana.

Good luck!

*Here's what they look like: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Mad+Cat...1218061849340&skuId=9220354&st=sfiv&cp=1&lp=6

found a Ken version of it, hiding behind 2 blankas. Ryu's digitally painted face looks weird, not crazy about blanka, akuma only seems available at GS and Walmart, and alas no chunli. Ken will have to do.

I have to admit I was a bit skeptical at first but I have no problems with all the fireball/uppercut characters i.e. ken/ryu/+ but I'm finding it difficult to pull off the double charge supers. the nice big D pad is almost too responsive...no guile or e honda for me.

Funny, I'm so used to holding the xbox controller with the heavier battery and wireless reciever that this gamepad feels flimsy and light...but it's a keeper, especially for $19.99.

[quote name='hothitter']Akuma was Gamestop exclusive I thought...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shinryu333']akuma is gamecrazy exclusive. just bought one 2 weeks ago from there but for $39.99[/QUOTE]

Wrong and wrong, it's not exclusive to any store.

I have an Akuma still sealed.

I wish there was a real d-pad 3rd party controller for the xbox that was without the circle garbage.

[quote name='TomoyoN']Anyone seen any of these in the NYC area?[/QUOTE]
i haven't been to the city in a while, but the BB in Levittown (Long Island, Nassau County) had a Ken one the last time i was there, which was around a week ago...

Picked up a Chun Li. I was hoping for a Ryu or Ken. They had around 10 Blankas combined at the two Best Buys I went to. Nobody wants him around here.

Check the one in Mesquite they had 6 controllers, the sticker said clearance but the price in the rack was for $35.99, I was waiting for a $10.00 coupon from my reward zone, now I got it.

But have anyone been able to get the controllers at this price in DFW?

[quote name='obijuan71']Check the one in Mesquite they had 6 controllers, the sticker said clearance but the price in the rack was for $35.99, I was waiting for a $10.00 coupon from my reward zone, now I got it.

But have anyone been able to get the controllers at this price in DFW?[/QUOTE]

They ring up as 19.99 in the system. Don't go by the price tag.

[quote name='2&2']They ring up as 19.99 in the system. Don't go by the price tag.[/QUOTE]

I'll try that today, even if they are crappy I will get me one for $9.99 can beat that.

All I need is for the price to come up as $19.99 right now.

I bought two of these a while back ago (a Ken and Ryu one), but since I never have anybody to play with, the Ryu one is still sealed. If anybody was looking for a Ryu one I can send it to you for $25 in paypal shipped. I think at the store I normally go to, all they have now are Blankas, and maybe a Chun Li and Ken.

Thanks OP

Got mine for $9.99 after a $10.00 RZ Coupon, they were marked at $35.99 but it ring up at $19.99, day before were 6 controllers 2 Chun Li, 2 Ryu, 1 Blanka, 1 Ken, after the Ryu controller I got they were another Ryu and a Blanka left at the BB in Mesquite, TX.

I picked up a Ken and a Chun Li pad for 360. I opened the Ken one, but would be willing to trade either for a PS3 version (if that is even on sale). There are still a few left at the Florence, KY BB.

I picked up 2 of these off of best buys ebay site, for about 11 bucks a piece (blanka and Ken) about 6 months ago, definately a good solid pad especially for fighting games

Has anyone else who's owned one for a few months noticed the rubber grips getting....sort of sticky I guess?

I haven't touched mine in a few months, and just picked it up today to play Konami's Classics Collection vol. 1, and noticed it's...not super sticky, but...I don't know, the material feels weird.

If the d-pads really wear out too...well Microsoft needs to just get it together and fix the Xbox's dpad...that's the only reason I even bought this.

I've seen a few Best Buys have these for $20 around Houston, particualrly in Greenspoint; I think I saw at least 5 for $20.

bread's done
Back