Shadey Paypal problems with my PSP auction! Credit Card Thief?

billyknoxville

CAGiversary!
I just sold a sealed PSP on ebay on Sunday. The buyer paid me right away through paypal. They have 2 feedbacks (both feedbacks are from Sunday 11/13), one from another PSP auction that ended, and some high end IPod speakers.

This person is currently bidding on ANOTHER PSP, and a 30gig Ipod at the moment. All their Paypal information is unverifed, and they want me to send the PSP right away, but I told them I wouldn't until they verify some sort of information.

I think this person has a stolen credit card and is trying to buy up as much as possible and have it shipped before the credit card gets reported. I already have the money in my account, and now they say they would like a refund since I'm "hassaling" them.

I told them I could give them a refund minus ebay/paypal costs which came out to be around 15 bucks. They refuse that and want a full refrund, ugh what should I do?

Just send it to them. You'll never know even if it is stolen, and if it is, chances are that the credit card company will straighten it out.

Well, once you issue a refund, the Paypal fee disappears. They take it away. And, you can file an unpaid item dispute with the buyer, which you can select "both parties agreed to cancel the transaction" and get your eBay fees back. ^_^ Simple as that, no money lost on either side.

Better to be safe than sorry though, especially with Paypal who has no problem taking your money away.

who cares dude once the money is cleared just send his crap.

i have never checked if it's verified or not or whatever. as long as they pay and it clears it's off my hands.

[quote name='111111']who cares dude once the money is cleared just send his crap.

i have never checked if it's verified or not or whatever. as long as they pay and it clears it's off my hands.[/QUOTE]

I hope you use DC #s on all your stuff. ^_~

Yeah if he's paying via a credit card with Paypal you have to be very careful if he is unverified with crap feedback. Anybody with ebay experience would know that...

The OP is right in that this guy is most likely a scammer. If you ask ebay of course they are going to tell you to send it. They lose no money if you get ripped off therefore they don't care.

You should not send the item...but in this case you should give a full refund. Next time say in your listing that you only shipped to verified addresses.

Thanks to Jeoff and Tony for your input. I'm just gonna issue this guy a refund, and relist with more specific rules for payment. I can see some CAG'ers still need to learn how easy and dangerous chargebacks can be.

Paypal and Ebay isn't always sunshine and lollipops.

Ok, is he not VERIFIED or is it not a CONFIRMED address? Because I've been okay if I sent to a confirmed address, even if it wasn't a verified seller. Does the email name match the name on the account? Would you have a DC? Those are usually the things Paypal wants.

For future auctions i recommend you go to your paypal account and set it to only accept payments from confirmed add. It puts an end too allot of headaches.

[quote name='bluekeith75']For future auctions i recommend you go to your paypal account and set it to only accept payments from confirmed add. It puts an end too allot of headaches.[/QUOTE]

great idea! i just changed my settings :)

[quote name='slidecage']many people are not VERIFIED cause they dont want Paypal messing with their bank info[/QUOTE]The reason I'm not verified.

Supposing he is stolen CC it's odd that he'd want a refund rather than demand the item be shipped. Oh well, losing a few bucks is better than losing a PSP.

[quote name='wannabepunktony']I hope you use DC #s on all your stuff. ^_~[/QUOTE]

always. been there since 98/99. dc is mandatory.

bread's done
Back