Shadow 6 Wireless Controller PS3 Controller in Xbox 360 Shell $31 Shipped

ju421019

CAG Veteran
This is for all the PS3 Owners who want an Xbox 360 Type Controller.

http://www.buy.com/prod/dgps3-1362-...er-game-pad-wireless/q/loc/108/211568824.html

This controller has great reviews on youtube and other sites.

There are cons to it though, biggest con is no bluetooth, there is a wireless dongle you place in the usb port for connectivity.

This is the latest model, DGPS3-1362, with Siaxlis, the older model from Dreamgear does not have Siaxlis.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-DREAMGEAR-D...tZVideo_Games_Accessories?hash=item588584b131

This price is on eBay too from the Buy.com store, use 10% bing cashback on eBay to get it for less. Price would $34.xx - 10% Bing = $30.xx

Again, this controllers main intent for people who love the Analog sticks on the Xbox 360 controller and want it on the PS3.

Last edited by a moderator:
This seems pretty cool, I have to admit. I wish they would just straight up make a converter cable like they did with last-gen consoles, though.

There is a converter box which I think is $60 - I forgot what its called, where you plug in a Wired Xbox 360 controller to the box and then the box to the PS3.

This is much better, search youtube and google for reviews, especially worth it for $30 or so.

I had the previous version, it's a good controller but most games still force you to shoot with R1 so the triggers are wasted. I ended up going with the pricier but better solution of the Cross Battle Adapter 2.0, which lets you remap any button you want, even swap the analog sticks if you wish.

I think this would mess my brain up too much. I've gotten to used to the controllers for the respective systems...

In for 2 off buy's eBay store (to get 10% BCB of course). I always have hated the SA/DS controller layout; that as much as achievements on the 360 has always meant me getting the 360 version of multi-platform games and has seriously detracted from my enjoyment of the PS3 games I have gotten. ;) Thanks OP!

[quote name='jrhawk42']anybody know what this controller uses for battery power? How does it recharge?[/QUOTE]

Charges using the same exact cable u would use to charge the Dual Shock 3 or Sixaxis controller

Such a thing exists? Why? DS3 is much better than the 360 pad. Some people will buy anything. Huh...

Thi swouldn't bad for games like Resistance or call Of Duty games on PS3 that support the triggers as fire especially with a pair of real triggers($6 new on EBAY).

[quote name='Ikari Warrior']I had the previous version, it's a good controller but most games still force you to shoot with R1 so the triggers are wasted. I ended up going with the pricier but better solution of the Cross Battle Adapter 2.0, which lets you remap any button you want, even swap the analog sticks if you wish.[/QUOTE]

I bought an XCM 2.0 aswell after buying a PS3 in October. I had a $75 Mastercard GC from switching to DishNetwork so I couldn't resist LOL. I play everything on PS3 with a 360 controller and it's no different than using a 360 controller on a 360 plus as you said you can remap the buttons with the 2.0 :applause:

I hadn't played Playstation since 2001 and I'm used to the Xbox layout plus using R1 to shoot sucks, and the controller size was made for a dwarf(no offense to anyone), I'm 6'4 250lbs and I can hide a SA/DS3 behind one hand :bomb: Also, I preferred the Duke over the S-controller on the original Xbox.

Extremely tempted to try it.

...But I really try to avoid 3rd party controllers. Outside of a few notable exceptions (logitech wireless ps2, etc), they always seem lacking or downright horrible.

I sure do dislike the DS3 controller, though. Sony honestly thinks that they perfected game pad ergonomics 15 years ago, apparently.

I may bite, thanks OP.

[quote name='gnargnargnar']

...But I really try to avoid 3rd party controllers. Outside of a few notable exceptions (logitech wireless ps2, etc), they always seem lacking or downright horrible.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I feel the same way. That's why I ended up getting the CBA 2.0, since I can use a first party 360 controller, and I can swap the triggers and bumpers, which along with the analog placement is my biggest issue with the DS3.

[quote name='distgfx']Do you actually own one? I've heard the controller has huge input lag.[/QUOTE]
Using one now and cant complain a bit, I would love nothing more than to use an actual 360 controller, but this by far is the next best thing, I prefer the analog placement over the DS3.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']I've never really had significant controller issues with either system. Is the root cause a hand size issue?[/QUOTE]

For a lot of people, I think it is.

For me, it is mainly the feel of it. My thumbs fall naturally onto the analog sticks on the 360 controller; it really does not take a lot of movement to get 'situated'. On the PS3 controller, it feels like I have to unnaturally swing my thumbs downward more than is comfortable to get to the sticks (thumbs seem to fall onto the right d-pad and square buttons naturally). Then, when I get my thumbs there, they overshoot the sticks quite a bit horizontally, so I have to bend them back quite a bit to get my thumb situated correctly for the neutral position on the sticks. On the 360, I do not have to bend them at all to hold neutral. I probably have an average hand size, but the difference is night and day to me between the two.

Oh, and the triggers suck, comparatively, but I bought a pair of $5 trigger attachments to fix that somewhat.

More of a preference thing, but I also like the concave analog sticks more than the rounded of the PS3.

Outside of the ergonomics, though, the built in battery and ability to use a standard mini usb cord to charge the PS3 controller sure beats the crap out of the 360's costly (and clunky) solution.

I own this controller and it's very disappointing. Let me start by saying the feel of it is awesome -- if you hate the PS3 controller like me, this is just what the Doctor ordered. It feels much more like the 360 controller.

The problem is in the analog sticks. There is a huge dead zone which makes it very difficult to be precise in FPS games (which is most of the reason why I bought the controller in the first place). I was playing Borderlands for PS3 and switching between the regular PS3 controller and this one and you can notice a huge difference. It makes sniping much more difficult.

If the analog sticks behaved the same as the standard controller I would recommend this whole heartily. But they don't, and that's a deal breaker for me.

[quote name='Dysheekie']I own this controller and it's very disappointing. Let me start by saying the feel of it is awesome -- if you hate the PS3 controller like me, this is just what the Doctor ordered. It feels much more like the 360 controller.

The problem is in the analog sticks. There is a huge dead zone which makes it very difficult to be precise in FPS games (which is most of the reason why I bought the controller in the first place). I was playing Borderlands for PS3 and switching between the regular PS3 controller and this one and you can notice a huge difference. It makes sniping much more difficult.

If the analog sticks behaved the same as the standard controller I would recommend this whole heartily. But they don't, and that's a deal breaker for me.[/QUOTE]
I had the same experience with the Shadow 6 and Borderlands. I ended up increasing the sensitivity, which helped, but it was really just easier to switch back to the DS3 and it's great accuracy. The DS3 doesn't really bother me so much as I prefer the stick layout on the 360.

bread's done
Back