Shadow Hearts 3 preorder

VGI-Shinobi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
114 (100%)
Did anyone receive their Shadow Hearts 3 preorder along with Shadow Hearts 1 freebie? I received SH3 but SH1 is nowhere in sight. I called GameStop and they said the top brass had canceled the deal. :bomb: GS impression: -50 pts.

since Shadow Hearts 1 is becoming more rare/sought after, they probably figure they can sell any excess copies as "used" for $40+ a piece rather than just give them away...

I've heard some people say they got it, and others say they didn't get it. I think GameStop is about to recieve a lot of hell from some angry customers over this one.

Mine in on the truck at this very moment. I'm very nervous as to whether there will be 1 or 2 games in the package...

If I don't get the SH1, GameStop will be getting an angry phone call, but I will probably take SH3 in for credit towards Kingdom Hearts II. No way in hell I'm paying $40 for SH3 without the bonus.

[quote name='ZForce']since Shadow Hearts 1 is becoming more rare/sought after, they probably figure they can sell any excess copies as "used" for $40+ a piece rather than just give them away...[/quote]
That's the thing; no they can't. See, the idea was that these copies they were giving away with SH3 were leftover copies of the reprint of SH1 that was made to give away with SHCovenant. The reprinted copies of SH1 are labled "NOT FOR RESALE," so GameStop cannot sell them by themselves.

but I will probably take SH3 in for credit towards Kingdom Hearts II. No way in hell I'm paying $40 for SH3 without the bonus.
You won't pay $40 for a great game, but you'll pay $50 for the sequel to a mediocre one? Yeah sure, that makes sense.

[quote name='VGI-Shinobi']Did anyone receive their Shadow Hearts 3 preorder along with Shadow Hearts 1 freebie? I received SH3 but SH1 is nowhere in sight. I called GameStop and they said the top brass had canceled the deal. :bomb: GS impression: -50 pts.[/QUOTE]

OP, did your shipping invoice at gamestop.com list both items as shipping? I'm getting a little worried, myself. Hopefully, the UPS man will have some good news for me when he arrives.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']You won't pay $40 for a great game, but you'll pay $50 for the sequel to a mediocre one? Yeah sure, that makes sense.[/QUOTE]
Always with the smartass comments around here, oy! Thanks for dragging us off topic.

I've got two siblings absolutely dying to play KHII, which is something that I would allow to convince me to pay the extra money. I like doing nice things for my siblings. I wouldn't pay $50 at launch on a game that I'm going to only play myself, but considering that me and my two siblings would all be enjoying it, I think it's worth the extra money.

Also, feelings for KH1 aside, Famitsu just doesn't give 39/40 to mediocre games (not that I always trust reviews, but I gotta say, Famitsu are hardasses, and don't give out scores like that everyday). I expect it to be spectacular.

Didn't get mines either. Called them and said they're gonna ship it. I think it's BS as I checked my account it said backordered. So I'm gonna cancel it now. What a waste of time

umm actually gamestop will sell those as used

take the old zelda bonus discs. they sell those
i also traded in my old SH1 bonus and got credit. they, in turn, sold that one as used.

on the gamestop order page is shows that both shipped.

when i track them they are "out for delivery"

i hope i get both games, otherwise sh3 is getting returned.

My order status showed both being shipped, but strangely, only one was in the package. Many other similar experiences. Here's your number:

1-800-883-8895, option 2

I called about the "Backordered" status. The CSR said she didnt know why it said that, because it shows as lots of copies available. Don't know what to make of that.

[quote name='RolePlayer']Called with no luck. Gave me the "while supplies last" speech. Pretty dissapointed. but oh well, wanted the game anyway.[/quote]

Did your order have the bonus listed as shipped though? Theres a difference between saying they ran out and not being on your status page, and them saying it was shipped.

Though them telling you that is discouraging because the two reps i talked to said there were plenty in stock. Lies everywhere!

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']Did your order have the bonus listed as shipped though? Theres a difference between saying they ran out and not being on your status page, and them saying it was shipped.

Though them telling you that is discouraging because the two reps i talked to said there were plenty in stock. Lies everywhere![/quote]

Yep, told them i ordered before the promotion ended. I told them that it was suppose to be included with my package and said so on the packing slip. Prolly the same lady some of you guys got.

Plenty in stock really? Well hope it comes in late. I called at 5:30 PM EST. When did you call?

Hate lazy Customer service. and lies...and customer service people that lie...

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']I called about the "Backordered" status. The CSR said she didnt know why it said that, because it shows as lots of copies available. Don't know what to make of that.[/QUOTE]

I called yesterday and they said they would send me a new one but I noticed my status had changed to backordered for it online, I was just about to call after I got off of work today but I logged on and checked it once more and much to my suprise it's status is now processing. I'm not expecting anything till it's here though. It was at processing and then I was told it was shipped once before so I'm not sure what to expect.

[quote name='takingchase']I called yesterday and they said they would send me a new one but I noticed my status had changed to backordered for it online, I was just about to call after I got off of work today but I logged on and checked it once more and much to my suprise it's status is now processing. I'm not expecting anything till it's here though. It was at processing and then I was told it was shipped once before so I'm not sure what to expect.[/quote]

Well if it ships this time, they really cant go wrong unless they send an empty package ;p

My status is still backordered. Shadow Hearts 3 is easily worth $40; it's just that I really when company doesn't comply to what they promise their customers. Back to playing Shadow Hearts 3 now.

I only got 3, I emailed them and will be sending out a call tomorrow. They should have emailed saying they ran out of stock instead of marking it as shipped on the order status *sigh*

My bonus wasn't shipped either and it said it was shipped on the invoice. I sent them an email a few minutes ago. Hopefully it will be sent out to me as well.

[quote name='thespamofpower']My bonus wasn't shipped either and it said it was shipped on the invoice. I sent them an email a few minutes ago. Hopefully it will be sent out to me as well.[/quote]

I wouldnt email them - response time really sucks.

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']I wouldnt email them - response time really sucks.[/quote]

oddly, I got a response this morning. It claims that they are sending one out, but we shall see....

[quote name='takingchase']okay well my order status is now back to back-ordered. I'm getting really pissed off here.[/quote]

my expierence with this is echoing yours... mine went on back-order as well..

pissed level rising.....

if it doesn't get here soon i'm returning it and getting it at fry's for less

[quote name='thespamofpower']my expierence with this is echoing yours... mine went on back-order as well..

pissed level rising.....

if it doesn't get here soon i'm returning it and getting it at fry's for less[/QUOTE]

I take it if you return it they don't refund shipping?

I tried to return mine in-store yesteday and it was a no-go. They said I needed to call and complain that I didn't get the bonus and also don't want to pay ANOTHER shipping fee for sending it back. I knew I never should have even gone for this deal.

[quote name='takingchase']I take it if you return it they don't refund shipping?[/quote]

Website says only if it is their mistake...which arguably it is.

I didn't get Shadow Hearts 1 in my package either. I called right away that night (3/10) and a rep told me that "They're having some problems with these orders, people keep calling in, so I'm putting you in to have a copy sent out right away." I don't know how long that's going to take, or what to do if I don't get it in the mail, since I'm guessing I won't be able to return SH3 to GameStop without the SH1 bonus disc listed on the packing slip. Le sigh.

[quote name='tindall311']umm actually gamestop will sell those as used

take the old zelda bonus discs. they sell those
i also traded in my old SH1 bonus and got credit. they, in turn, sold that one as used.[/quote]

sell them as used once they have been used, after they are traded in from a customer, not just for the hell of it.

[quote name='nickelpin']I didn't get Shadow Hearts 1 in my package either. I called right away that night (3/10) and a rep told me that "They're having some problems with these orders, people keep calling in, so I'm putting you in to have a copy sent out right away." I don't know how long that's going to take, or what to do if I don't get it in the mail, since I'm guessing I won't be able to return SH3 to GameStop without the SH1 bonus disc listed on the packing slip. Le sigh.[/quote]

...it's sounding like they put it as shipped on some invoices that it didn't get packed into, i bet they have to go back and figure out which ones were first in line before they mail out the bonuses for later orders.

I don't know about returns, if it isn't on the packing slip then yeah you can return it in store, if the bonus disc is on the packing slip, then i'm not really sure, I'd think it'd still be fine, as long as you don't make a habit of doing that with every premium/game combination or multiple copies.

Well, GameStop is a piece of crap, not that anyone needed to be told that. The customer service rep said they don't have any more, blah blah blah. Then I requested they send me a prepaid envelope and mail the game back, and he says he can't do that but that I could take it to store and return it, which may/may not work. Anyone else getting bullshit like this, or have they said they would send you a copy of Shadow Hearts 1.

Here's how I am going to handle it.

If i don't get it, and they won't give me refund for shipping and game, im taking it back to store for refund(not store credit). If they don't accept that, then ill just go to my credit card and dispute the charge.
Its not like this is a dinky preorder toy, its justifiably a greater value than the order itself. And its not like they said they ran out before they sent SH3- they told most of us that SH1 shipped initially AND that it was in stock and theyd send another when we called to complain about it...

sigh

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']Here's how I am going to handle it.

If i don't get it, and they won't give me refund for shipping and game, im taking it back to store for refund(not store credit). If they don't accept that, then ill just go to my credit card and dispute the charge.
Its not like this is a dinky preorder toy, its justifiably a greater value than the order itself. And its not like they said they ran out before they sent SH3- they told most of us that SH1 shipped initially AND that it was in stock and theyd send another when we called to complain about it...

sigh[/quote]

I'm kind of afraid they're going to keep insisting on having shipped it out and counting on getting us to wait and wait on them until the return period expires...

So yesterday night, I was completely fed up with waiting and just went to the nearest Gamestop to return SH3 - they gave me my $ back with tax to my cc - ended up being about $.10 more than what I paid.
Then I got home and turns out I received SH1 from Gamestop.com...
So I'm holding my breath on this to see what happens now.

I'm glad I'm not on the same boat..would've been pretty pissed if they didn't include the Original SH for me with New World.

bread's done
Back