Shadow Hearts and Shadow Hearts Covenant

plasmabeam

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I hear they're both brilliant, overlooked RPGs, so I want to give em a look. So far the lowest prices I've found have been on Amazon ($34 for SH, $25 for Covenant). Any places have it for cheaper?

[quote name='plasmabeam']I hear they're both brilliant, overlooked RPGs, so I want to give em a look. So far the lowest prices I've found have been on Amazon ($34 for SH, $25 for Covenant). Any places have it for cheaper?[/QUOTE]

eBay or GS when GS has a buy 2 get 1 free sale.

Ya they're both pretty expensive, but Shadow Hearts is truly a great game with an awesome narrative and a badass main character. I never made it to Covenant (though I own and it do plan on playing it). I also hear From the New World (Shadow Hearts 3) is also excellent, though not as great as the first 2.

I've been kicking myself for getting rid of these a few years ago - incredible games. The first 2 anyway - I played the first 2-3 hours of the third one and hated it.

They are awesome games and well worth that price. You can probably get for less at Gamestop if you don't mind not having a complete copy (and use either a B2G1 or a Power-Up Reward credit).

Covenant is a great game with an amazing ending unlike anything else I've seen in a game--
it essentially goes meta and asks you, the player, to make a judgment on the rightness or wrongness of the main character's actions, then rewards or punishes him based on what you chose. I thought it was a great and thought-provoking departure from the usual "collect 100 widgets to get the 'good' ending" RPG stuff.

I still have the first one sitting sealed on my shelf, got it for $40 a couple years ago from this totally shady Eastern European dude. :lol:

bread's done
Back