Shadow Hearts worth picking up for $25?

I don't see it getting reprinted any time in the future... I think the sale price will largely depend on if another Shadow Hearts is released (and how it's reviewed if it does).

The reason why Shadow Hearts is so expensive now is because A) there weren't a whole lot of them released and B) because Shadow Hearts Covenant was such a phenomenal game that it spurred interest in getting the original... but no one could get the original because it was hard to find.

I'd suggest buying it now... using some of the coupons and other things on PS2 games to lower the price a bit, and pick up Shadow Hearts Covenant while you're at it (easily up there as one of the best PS2 RPGs... which is saying a lot, I know).

[quote name='GuardianE']I don't see it getting reprinted any time in the future... I think the sale price will largely depend on if another Shadow Hearts is released (and how it's reviewed if it does).

The reason why Shadow Hearts is so expensive now is because A) there weren't a whole lot of them released and B) because Shadow Hearts Covenant was such a phenomenal game that it spurred interest in getting the original... but no one could get the original because it was hard to find.

I'd suggest buying it now... using some of the coupons and other things on PS2 games to lower the price a bit, and pick up Shadow Hearts Covenant while you're at it (easily up there as one of the best PS2 RPGs... which is saying a lot, I know).[/QUOTE]

The game was released by Midway, so the chances of a reprint are slim. It's too bad that Covenant took so long to get going - it had the best preorder bonus I've seen (a new copy of Shadow Hearts).

That's a good point, but I am trying to build on a modest collection of PS2 rpg's. But what I'm wondering is whether or not $25 is a CAG-worthy price, or would you guys pass?

I recently got one for $7 at the local game store, but of course that's not really going to help you. I didn't realize it was worth so much.

[quote name='celegus']I recently got one for $7 at the local game store, but of course that's not really going to help you. I didn't realize it was worth so much.[/QUOTE]

Was it like an EB/Gamestop type store, or a Mom and Pop shop?

And yea, $7 is an awesome deal

First things first- look closely at the bottom front of the game, see if it says 'promotional copy, not for resale'. See, the original Shadow Hearts was offered as a pre order bonus for the other 2 games, and that version is less desireable, or course.

If it's a proper copy, buy it- $25 isn't a bargain bin price, but it is a good one. If it isn't... good searching can turn up the promo variant a bit cheaper, but not much- I'd still consider jumping on it if you want to play and not just resell.

You should definitely get that game. TOTALLY worth it for $25. It is a great RPG. IGN awarded it RPG of the year. I actually got this game first, but because I wanted to know all of the story I bought SH1. Don't be scared, SH2 does a good job in letting you know what are the events that happened in the first game. If I were you, I wouldn't wait one more minute and get it now!

The PS1 game Koudelka is loosely related to the SH games, I have a youtube playlist of the key moments from Koudelka if you are interested in knowing some more story about this great series.

bread's done
Back