Shadow of the Damned (PS3) for $10 @ Best Buy (YMMV)

Kuroknight27

CAGiversary!
Just went to Best Buy and saw Shadow of the Damned for $10 on the PS3, I don't know if it is the same price for the 360. Not sure if this price is for every store or just mine so YMMV.

I've been thinking of playing this game for awhile but wasn't sure if it was worth $20, but for $10 heck yea lol.

[quote name='Kerplunkuga']Still nada. Ship to Store is not available and no stores in my state or surrounding have it in stock. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

What city are you in? I can still get the link to show up by searching google for Best Buy and the sku. Chun's link above shows up as well.

[quote name='Qwid']What city are you in? I can still get the link to show up by searching google for Best Buy and the sku. Chun's link above shows up as well.[/QUOTE]

This is what I see - assuming the page loads correctly:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...skuId=2480117&searchpage=true&_requestid=9943

I should have also specified this is for the 360 version - people had confirmed it would also auto drop down to $9.99 if you used in store pickup.

[quote name='jubeininja69']don't you have to pay for the game first before they ship to store?

what about those that paid with paypal? do they refund the difference to your account?

others please free to chime in.[/QUOTE]

Not sure about Giftcard or Paypal. But, I noticed my CC wasn't charged until I pick it up.

[quote name='cagfansub']Not sure about Giftcard or Paypal. But, I noticed my CC wasn't charged until I pick it up.[/QUOTE]

I've had a "hold" placed on my CC before for the amount of the purchase, but it doesn't show up as a transaction for me until I actually pick up the items. And, if I can only do a partial pickup - say the other items haven't been shipped to the store yet - the only transactions that show up are for the picked up items. Therefore, on my CC, it could appear as though I made multiple smaller purchases instead of one larger one. However, the hold still stayed for the entire order and the other transactions didn't appear until I actually picked up the items. Not sure how it works for Debit Cards/Gift Cards though...

I see my ready for pick up notice. Help these people if they try to fudge with my chit like another BB did with Tron CE(gave me a cancellation email AFTER the ready for pick up email....vultures....and this was a different store that is 20min away). I have been waiting a week or whatever.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']I see my ready for pick up notice. Help these people if they try to fudge with my chit like another BB did with Tron CE(gave me a cancellation email AFTER the ready for pick up email....vultures....and this was a different store that is 20min away). I have been waiting a week or whatever.[/QUOTE]

They cancelled it once it arrived? Hah, some BB employee walked out with a Tron CE shaped blue bag that day I bet...

[quote name='Qwid']Still shows up for ship to store on the PS3 version. Seems it is $13.99 and I'll find out when it arrives if they price adjust it to $9.99.

Just google "best buy sku 2480074"[/QUOTE]

Thanks much for reposting this! I just ordered a ship to store myself a minute ago.

Does anyone have a ship to store sku for the tron ps3 collectors edition?

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']I see my ready for pick up notice. Help these people if they try to fudge with my chit like another BB did with Tron CE(gave me a cancellation email AFTER the ready for pick up email....vultures....and this was a different store that is 20min away). I have been waiting a week or whatever.[/QUOTE]
I also received the ready email!

[quote name='Gareee']I found the tron ce ps3 sku 1338025 , but googling shows it out of stock 8([/QUOTE]

the tron ce is basically a clearance item, so if you cannot find it in your local bb stores, you are out of luck, since it is sold out online from bestbuy.com

[quote name='Kerplunkuga']This is what I see - assuming the page loads correctly:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...skuId=2480117&searchpage=true&_requestid=9943

I should have also specified this is for the 360 version - people had confirmed it would also auto drop down to $9.99 if you used in store pickup.[/QUOTE]

Ah, ok. Didn't realize you were trying to order the 360 version. I get that it is available for store pickup at $19.99, but maybe 1 store in my region seems to have it.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']I, purposely, did not use PayPal on this for easier adjustment.[/QUOTE]

i used paypal. i'm curious how they will refund money back to my account. surely this must have come up when someone paid with paypal on the website and return the item back to the store?

Picked up a in-store copy of the game (Long Island, New York) for $10. The online locator deal said it wasn't there, but I found it on the shelf! Don't be afraid to look around for it, I guess.

Is Shadows worth the full 13.99? After the last time I ordered something for pick up, I never want to go through that again (cust service sucks donkey dick here). I already ordered, but I could cancel and just wait for a better price somewhere.

How is it that I get a "Your order is almost ready," in transit on the 23 to the STORE, and then I get a "your order could not be fulfilled just yet", damn it best buy...

I'd have to be hard pressed to think of games not worth $14. Custome rpickup here is a snap. They have alphabetical bins behind a sliding door, grab your order, scan it, and swiped yer CC. I just picked up dragon age 2 yesterday for $5 after the sale price, and a $5 discount coupon. (We also picked up Prince of Persia with the magazine $5 off, but they had to do those transactions seperately for some reason.)

[quote name='Gareee']I'd have to be hard pressed to think of games not worth $14. Custome rpickup here is a snap. They have alphabetical bins behind a sliding door, grab your order, scan it, and swiped yer CC. I just picked up dragon age 2 yesterday for $5 after the sale price, and a $5 discount coupon. (We also picked up Prince of Persia with the magazine $5 off, but they had to do those transactions seperately for some reason.)[/QUOTE]

this game seems to pretty popular, already 14+ pages. but i would not pay more than $5 for it. saw the gameplay on youtube, very lacklaster. does not peek my interest at all

I searched for this game even before the Best Buy blowout began. To no avail I gave up on this one. Went to a remote Best Buy looking for something else and found two copies in the value section. Wooo hooo.

[quote name='YBX87']this game seems to pretty popular, already 14+ pages. but i would not pay more than $5 for it. saw the gameplay on youtube, very lacklaster. does not peek my interest at all[/QUOTE]
That's my main issue with buying the game. The gameplay, from what I've seen and heard about seems below average (like every Suda game). Also, the jokes fail on me. I've heard a lot of the dick and penetration jokes in reviews and trailers, but I don't find them funny. For some reason though, I want this game, I just have no idea why it interests me other than it being really weird.

[quote name='YBX87']this game seems to pretty popular, already 14+ pages. but i would not pay more than $5 for it. saw the gameplay on youtube, very lacklaster. does not peek my interest at all[/QUOTE]

I've played it and I can say it's easily worth this price.

[quote name='Kerplunkuga']They cancelled it once it arrived? Hah, some BB employee walked out with a Tron CE shaped blue bag that day I bet...[/QUOTE]

Probably. Those vicious bastards.:evil: It was after I got the ready for pick up notice.

For those of you getting SOTD through PayPal, I'm not sure how that's going to work. In store, I had to cancel mine, rebuy it, and wait for the refund or 'hold'. However, I didn't hear the charge when I called my bank.

I bought this game at the retail price of $19.99 from Newegg for the 360. Is this game worth $20 or should I send it back unopened to Newegg for a full refund? :bouncy:

[quote name='Gareee']I'd have to be hard pressed to think of games not worth $14. Custome rpickup here is a snap. They have alphabetical bins behind a sliding door, grab your order, scan it, and swiped yer CC. I just picked up dragon age 2 yesterday for $5 after the sale price, and a $5 discount coupon. (We also picked up Prince of Persia with the magazine $5 off, but they had to do those transactions seperately for some reason.)[/QUOTE]
You do realize that after an @Gamer coupon, you could've bought the game for $5 last month, right?;)

We used last month's coupon for something else... and the price of prince of persia was below the coupon allowed range.

Ah.. well, we got it for $5 anyway after our earned purchase discount coupon anyway. Cheaper is always better! My wife's ben doing DA:O for some time now, and this will give her more of that, since she seems to like it.

I prefer Skyrim myself, but after about 220 play hours, I think its pretty well played out.

[quote name='Rodster']I bought this game at the retail price of $19.99 from Newegg for the 360. Is this game worth $20 or should I send it back unopened to Newegg for a full refund? :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

The game is well worth the $20 IMO.

Newegg has a 15% restocking fee for most returned items. You may be able to get a customer service rep to waive that fee. IIRC you'll also have to cover the cost for shipping it back.

[quote name='Gareee']Ah.. well, we got it for $5 anyway after our earned purchase discount coupon anyway. Cheaper is always better! My wife's ben doing DA:O for some time now, and this will give her more of that, since she seems to like it.

I prefer Skyrim myself, but after about 220 play hours, I think its pretty well played out.[/QUOTE]
well, it should be noted then DA2 is nothing like DA:0. The only thing it really shares is the name. DA2 is more Hack n Slash than RPG.

[quote name='Woocls']well, it should be noted then DA2 is nothing like DA:0. The only thing it really shares is the name. DA2 is more Hack n Slash than RPG.[/QUOTE]
I actually consider the hack & slash variety of RPG's to be more of a 'true' RPG than say the Final Fantasy or White Knight Chronicles type of gameplay. The turn based type battle systems bore me to tears.:whistle2:#
[quote name='Gareee']Ah.. well, we got it for $5 anyway after our earned purchase discount coupon anyway. Cheaper is always better! My wife's ben doing DA:O for some time now, and this will give her more of that, since she seems to like it.

I prefer Skyrim myself, but after about 220 play hours, I think its pretty well played out.[/QUOTE]
I played up till I got to Whiterun in Skyrim and have been meaning to get back to that game at some point. However, I find myself playing Just Cause 2 again lately since I absolutely love the big open world games.

Personally, I'm still waiting and hoping they make an Indiana Jones game for this gen like they did for Xbox last gen with the Emperors' Tomb since I felt the guy they had playing Indy really sounded like Harrison Ford.

Finally picked up my copy in store.

Just wanted to reconfirm that it automatically adjusted to $9.99 upon receipt.

[quote name='Thrinn']The game is well worth the $20 IMO.

Newegg has a 15% restocking fee for most returned items. You may be able to get a customer service rep to waive that fee. IIRC you'll also have to cover the cost for shipping it back.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the endorsement, i'll keep it then.

Just an FYI: If you get a game from Newegg or anything delivered from USPS just write refused: return to sender. :bouncy:

I've never been charged restocking fee but you also take the chance it never gets delivered or gets lost and then you are out your money.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Finally picked up my copy in store.

Just wanted to reconfirm that it automatically adjusted to $9.99 upon receipt.[/QUOTE]

Sweet! Mine just arrived in store today, so we'll pick it up tomorrow when I get a chance.

[quote name='Gareee']Sweet! Mine just arrived in store today, so we'll pick it up tomorrow when I get a chance.[/QUOTE]
Now I gotta find the gift card I used to pay for this with since the remainder is on that card!

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Grabbed my 360 copy shipped to store yesterday and can also confirm that it auto adjusted to $9.99.

Great deal.[/QUOTE]
None available in my area stores which is SW Florida. :cry:

[quote name='Rodster']None available in my area stores which is SW Florida. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Which is why we are all using the ship to store link posted earlier in the thread. ;)

Same here.. ordered ship to a store in Surprise, AZ with paypal.. came in a couple days ago.. picked it up just now and it was adjusted to 9.99 already. Helluva deal.

[quote name='Icedawg']Same here.. ordered ship to a store in Surprise, AZ with paypal.. came in a couple days ago.. picked it up just now and it was adjusted to 9.99 already. Helluva deal.[/QUOTE]i will pick mine up tomorrow but picked up lord of the rings war on the north today that has the same online clearance price ($13.99) and in-store price ($9.99) and that auto adjusted as well. I'm not sure if I can spend more than $10 on a have anymore thanks to cag and best buy

my order is stuck in limbo, i placed it over a week ago, and i got an e-mail saying it was on its way, followed by another one that said it was delayed

[quote name='marineal']my order is stuck in limbo, i placed it over a week ago, and i got an e-mail saying it was on its way, followed by another one that said it was delayed[/QUOTE]

Well, don't automatically believe those delayed emails. I got an email last night that said the order was delayed, then 8 hours later got one saying the order was ready for pickup.

Game is pretty fun with lots of adult humor in it. Great deal for 10 bucks (game was only the cost of tax after $10 BBY coupon from previous order).

Played a little bit of it tonight, I had no idea it was a zombie shooter type game...

Well worth the ten bucks......

[quote name='Lord Hamm']Played a little bit of it tonight, I had no idea it was a zombie shooter type game...

Well worth the ten bucks......[/QUOTE]

You bought it without knowing what it was, or about? :lol:

Well congrats, it is worth it.

I bought it a long time ago for 4 $10 off a closing BBV, just ended up playing it for the first time last night... It reminds me of a better Splatter house, with the whole storyline and all.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Finally picked up my copy in store.

Just wanted to reconfirm that it automatically adjusted to $9.99 upon receipt.[/QUOTE]

Yo Teddy,

What store did you find Shadow Of The Damned at. I've been looking for this.

Thanks much!

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']Yo Teddy,

What store did you find Shadow Of The Damned at. I've been looking for this.

Thanks much![/QUOTE]

i think he mentioned that he ordered the game to ship to store for pickup

bread's done
Back