ShadowRun

Got mine for $37.99 with a free Flight Simulator X Standard Edition ($50 value but it was also on sale for $37.99) on Saturday. Of course, I should mention that it was the PC version. ;)

WHAT excuse does Microsoft have for the artificial price point set by the XBOX 360 version?!

On the pc verison you do if you don't have an xbox live gold account already.

The best prices I've seen for Shadowrun are from

http://www.liongames.com/default.cfm/ses_/list.cfm,show,x,1,x,XB3_MIC_AA7013/Video%20Games/New%20Releases/Shadowrun/

Liongames also takes cuts down the original price of $50 (before shipping) a few bucks for every game you trade in

and http://www.buy.com/prod/shadowrun/q/loc/108/204110363.html using google checkout $44.98 with free shipping. I've not seen any other deals.

[quote name='LxLegend']On the pc verison you do if you don't have an xbox live gold account already.[/quote]
You actually can play online for free with a silver membership, but you can only play random matches. If you want to play with friends, you're going to have to pay.

[quote name='GregorSamsa']You actually can play online for free with a silver membership, but you can only play random matches. If you want to play with friends, you're going to have to pay.[/quote]

That is freakin' terrible

Like to second this if possible. I know Shadowrun had a lukewarm reception among the critics, but I'm hearing enough positive comments from the grass roots communities that my interest in it is rising. Problem is, no matter how hard I try I cannot convince myself to pay 50+ for a game with no real single-player component.

[quote name='jadedcritic']Like to second this if possible. I know Shadowrun had a lukewarm reception among the critics, but I'm hearing enough positive comments from the grass roots communities that my interest in it is rising. Problem is, no matter how hard I try I cannot convince myself to pay 50+ for a game with no real single-player component.[/quote]

Me too. I've played the demo, even rented it and in all honesty -- I really enjoy the game and now it's definitly high up on my current "want" list. But yeah, $50+ for a multiplayer only game that's essentially a Magical Counter-Strike, is a bit steep. $30 would still be high but I enjoy the game enough that would probably get it for that.

bread's done
Back