Shady Ebay seller...

crushtopher

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Long story short, I won Mass Effect off of Ebay and after terrible communication from the seller, I was assured the game would come in its original case with manual, according to the seller the game was "complete." The game finally arrived yesterday after almost 28 days of waiting, and it came in a Nelly CD case. I filed a dispute with PayPal after the seller was totally shady in regards to shipping and finally escalated it to the upmost extent.

My question is, why would he say the game was complete only to try and screw me over like that, knowing that I was going to file a dispute with PayPal if the game didn't match the description? He claims he has a "no refund" policy, but I don't think that will count once PayPal takes a look at this.

It's pretty stupid that this had to happen; bad communication, waiting almost a month to receive the game only to have it arrive in a CD case, and now I have to wait for PayPal to resolve all of this...what a waste of time

Thoughts/opinions?

Yeah, it sucks... eBay in general sucks these days. As you've learned though, never buy from anyone who doesn't seem to know basic English.

I once had some lady threaten me with a lawsuit a few years back when I asked why the game I received (Super Mario Sunshine) was not mint as described and in fact was badly scratched up and covered in chocolate. He went off on me saying I was trying to screw her over and that her husband was the state attorney.:roll:

Well the game is in great shape, but still...I had no intentions of buying a game like Mass Effect only to receive a disc in a CD jewel case. I just hope PayPal resolves this quickly and ignores his "no refund policy" and refunds my money

Just some little kids...

Ebay should root out the little kids that just put that their 18 and then the eBay community has to suffer. Stupid kids... :whee:

Another thing that ticks me off is when parents let their kids use their ebay account and say... "oops, my child accidentally bid on your auction... sorry"

Final Thought: Ebay, can't live with it, can't live without it! :roll:

[quote name='Hybrid5006']Just some little kids...

Ebay should root out the little kids that just put that their 18 and then the eBay community has to suffer. Stupid kids... :whee:

Another thing that ticks me off is when parents let their kids use their ebay account and say... "oops, my child accidentally bid on your auction... sorry"

Final Thought: Ebay, can't live with it, can't live without it! :roll:[/quote]

Agreed!!! Then E-Bay says "sorry there is nothing we can do, relist your item" IMO E-Bay needs to make new bidders hook a Paypal account to their E-bay account that auto pays as soon as an invoice is recieved.

[quote name='crushtopher']Well the game is in great shape, but still...I had no intentions of buying a game like Mass Effect only to receive a disc in a CD jewel case. I just hope PayPal resolves this quickly and ignores his "no refund policy" and refunds my money[/quote]

I'm pretty sure Paypal ignores seller's "no refund policies".

Yeah that no refund policy should have no bearing on the PayPal dispute.

Sounds like you ran into a dishonest seller, which really sucks.

My thought would be to play the game now while PayPal is investigating... *checks gamertag* :highfive: :D

bread's done
Back