Shame behind Guitar Hero success.

I love how people bitch about Guitar Hero ripping off of Guitar Freaks. Wow, that was in 2005. Now it's 2007 and we have 4 Guitar Hero games and Rock Band. What has Konami done in those two years to demonstrate their superiority? They release fucking Beatmania. What. the. fuck.

No Guitar Freaks.

No Drummania.

Just a turntable game, because everybody here LOVES turntables. Worst $65 I ever spent. I don't know what I was on to believe the hype that this game would be a little rare (must have been the import price of the controller). The songlist fucking sucked ass. I would have KILLED for Guitar Freaks and Drummania, just for the multiplayer (even Keyboard Mania for the combined multiplayer). But no, Konami sat on their ass and can now fuck themselves while I play Rock Band, which they could have made millions on last year.

(Ignore the amount of fuck s, I'm not angry or anything)

[quote name='bmulligan']So, I'm sure you feel that a gaffer on a movie set should get a percentage of the movie's profits instead of working for scale?[/quote]

I think the situation stinks.

I'm not a big fan of unions, but they exist because without collective bargaining power the big CEOs are more then happy to screw over the talent in order to fatten their wallets. $300 is a pittance and a slap in the face to the guy who sang the songs.

When it comes to dividing up the profits, corporate executives have the etiquette of pigs at a trough.

[quote name='trabbahabba']its called work for hire. they should have joined the union, probably could have gotten a better deal.[/QUOTE]

Read the article.

[quote name='porieux']Read the article.[/QUOTE]

I read it.

"Both businesses provide services essentially for flat fees."

What is the point here? The people on guitar hero are no different than the members of the orchestra playing on Call of Duty's soundtrack. And guess what each of those musicians is considered: WORK FOR HIRE.

Is the success of the game really because of the cover band who played on it?

bread's done
Back