Shaq-Fu Ebay.

Quackzilla

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
My MGA auction just ended, and it told me the buyer was from California, with a location of "Hondoras".

The ship-to information was a California city with a California zip code.

So I send the invoice, and the shipping address is HONDORAS!

fuck EBAY, fuck them for not giving me the motherfucking real fucking address.

Now I have a minor sized mess to deal with, because the motherfucking invoice was already sent, thanks to ebay.

And when I started the auction, I specifically checked the box that said I ONLY SHIP WITHING THE USA!

It should have blocked the international bidder.

fuck EBAY!

I agree. My rules state that I don't ship to P.O. Boxes, but do people listen? No. And, then do they want to pay my listing fees? Hell no. That adds up... $1.20 for $29.99 item $2.40 for $49.99, etc.

I hear buyers getting scammed, sellers getting scammed, fees going up all the time, all the while ebay and paypal making millions.

I hate it when people can't read your god-damned shipping info. UNITED STATES ONLY. Every time I list something, some asshole from Canada/Mexico/Germany bids & wins! Nothing against Canadians/Mexicans/Germans, but c'mon & READ!! It turns out to be a huge waste of time! And as we all know, time= money!

[quote name='crickett003']I hate it when people can't read your god-damned shipping info. UNITED STATES ONLY. Every time I list something, some asshole from Canada/Mexico/Germany bids & wins! Nothing against Canadians/Mexicans/Germans, but c'mon & READ!! It turns out to be a huge waste of time! And as we all know, time= money![/QUOTE]

There is a way to block users that reside out of the United States. Check it out in your "my ebay seller settings".

It is mostly ebays fault, because if I had known the buyer was in Honduras I would have cancelled the sale and sent a second chance offer.

[quote name='gmzone']There is a way to block users that reside out of the United States. Check it out in your "my ebay seller settings".[/QUOTE]

"Block users in countries which I don't ship to."

Yeah, I kind of figured that would maybe be automatic, because it is so fucking obvious.

[quote name='Quackzilla']"Block users in countries which I don't ship to."

Yeah, I kind of figured that would maybe be automatic, because it is so fucking obvious.[/QUOTE]

It is obvious, but ebay makes their money being a little devious.

[quote name='Quackzilla']fuck EBAY, fuck them for not giving me the motherfucking real fucking address. Now I have a minor sized mess to deal with, because the motherfucking invoice was already sent, thanks to ebay. [/QUOTE]

Don't you think you're over-reacting? All you have to do is:
- send the buyer an email, explaining that you don't sell to Honduras
- tell them you're willing to "bend the rules" and ship the game, but they have to pay an extra $10 for overseas shipping

----- if they say "yes"... great. Get the paypal cash & ship
----- if they say "no"... file a non-paying bidder refund w/ ebay & relist the game

That's all. It's not the end of the world.

troy

Ebay is where seller go to get ripped of by listing fees, insertion fees, final value fees, paypal fees. then when there is a a problem ebay never wants to help. ever time I list an auction one of two things happen. I state in my auctions if it is new or used and that I only ship to the USA the lower 48 at that 3 times. I still get people asking me if what the condition is. or if I can ship out of the country

I had the same problem, but it was my fault because I didn't select US ONLY as a shipping option.

Make sure all the boxes are unchecked when you list the item and it will block bidders from other areas.

[quote name='Graystone']Ebay is where seller go to get ripped of by listing fees, insertion fees, final value fees, paypal fees. then when there is a a problem ebay never wants to help. ever time I list an auction one of two things happen. I state in my auctions if it is new or used and that I only ship to the USA the lower 48 at that 3 times. I still get people asking me if what the condition is. or if I can ship out of the country[/QUOTE]

I bet they make Homer Simpson look like a genius.

Send an email saying you don't ship to hondoras, either they can have the package shipped to their california address or anywhere else in the US or you will refund their payment. I had someone try this with a military base address before.

If they try to insist that you ship it to hondoras come up with a high extra fee for shipment to hondoras, that would scare anyone but a scammer off.

I didn't read this thread super carefully but before you even consider shipping anything to Honduras, ask yourself WHY it says they are from California but the shipping address is in Honduras...make sure you don't get scammed, especially with some fake money order or hacked paypal account.

Wow, it's a military installation!

That really threw me.

fuck ebay anyway, they charge too much.

And by the way, don't get the waterproof bubble mailers, they are impossible to write on!

[quote name='Quackzilla']It would be nice if ebay allowed users to specify that they are on a US military installation, not South America.[/QUOTE]

It's just as bad, for some US military installations the post office makes you sign a waver and you can't get DC inside the base, so if the package is lost you are fucked.

bread's done
Back