SHAQ-FU IT! Most frustrating games or gaming moments you've experienced...

False Hope

CAGiversary!
What game (or moment) has made you want to throw your controller (or handheld) against the wall? These can be things such as dying at the end of a mission and having to start it all over again, doing something such as selling (or discarding) an item needed to complete the game, or simply facing an extremely powerful opponent and failing consistantly.

One of my most memorable one would have to be in SOCOM II when (the first few times I played) I completed the jungle mission with the underground drug lab, and, barely managing to destroy the plane, the game froze on the loading screen that led to the prompt to save. It did this several times after several cleanings while I let it sit for hours to see if it would load. Eventually I lost the game and months later, after several hours of searching, I found it, horribly scratched with dried...stuff (I don't know what it was) on it. I chiseled off the mysterious element, wiped the disc, and, for the hell of it, put the game in. I completed the mission easily, went on to save, and proceeded to the next mission (the one at the dam).

The first time I played Halo 2 with all my friends, they had been playing it for a couple weeks, and i had never even tocuhed an xbox, i got beat so damned badly!

Last night on XBL, on Halo 2, when I nailed a guy with a shotgun four times in the back from fairly close range, and he didn't die and I know he didn't have an overshield.

The End from MGS 3. The battle totaled in at 52 minutes and i probably only saw the bastard for 40 seconds.

[quote name='whiteboy']The End from MGS 3. The battle totaled in at 52 minutes and i probably only saw the bastard for 40 seconds.[/quote]

:shock: I never played MGS3 so I have no idea so maybe he teleports? :?

[quote name='sj41']Last night on XBL, on Halo 2, when I nailed a guy with a shotgun four times in the back from fairly close range, and he didn't die and I know he didn't have an overshield.[/quote]

Perhaps he is a cheater?

[quote name='whiteboy']The End from MGS 3. The battle totaled in at 52 minutes and i probably only saw the bastard for 40 seconds.[/quote]

Which battle is that? Isn't that the old guy?

Final mission in GTA VC
Save Glitch in THPS4, THUG, THUG 2 PS2 (Game freezes during saving, corrupting the save)
Certain battles in Kingdom Hearts
Final battle in MK:Deception Konquest Mode
Sly Cooper 1 mini-game with bomb roosters

the one boss in Final fantasy tactics that you have to start out fighting solo. Than after you beat him he calls three high powered demons and your party has to take them on. It got to the point that i tried so many times that i could predict the order of their first 15 moves

When I was playing Pokemon Stadium for N64 and I kept dying while playing. Not fairly either, just like random critical hits and what-not. Once it made me so mad I actually ripped out the game (with the system still on) and threw it across the room. The side cracked open a bit but I could still hold the sides together to put the game in and play it.

[quote name='jlarlee']the one boss in Final fantasy tactics that you have to start out fighting solo. Than after you beat him he calls three high powered demons and your party has to take them on. It got to the point that i tried so many times that i could predict the order of their first 15 moves[/quote]

You can move around casting haste/yell. For a few turns..just keep running away..eventually you will get a lot of turns to his one...very easy after that.

For me ninja gaiden back in the day...recently trying to unlock everything in survival mode in Snk vs Capcom chaos

whiteboy wrote:
The End from MGS 3. The battle totaled in at 52 minutes and i probably only saw the bastard for 40 seconds.

Which battle is that? Isn't that the old guy?

Yea the old guy. I guess i made it sound like it was the final battle but thats the name of the boss.

[quote name='False Hope'][quote name='whiteboy']The End from MGS 3. The battle totaled in at 52 minutes and i probably only saw the bastard for 40 seconds.[/quote]

Which battle is that? Isn't that the old guy?[/quote]

He's the sniper.

I agree the finall fantasy where you have to fight all the aons at the end in a row no time to recover or save. That pissed me off severall times(more like hundred)

trying to get through the second world in i-ninja without going crazy, this game is SO generic , easy and boring , maybe cuz i'm comparing to n64 platformers back in the day

When you go into a dungeon in Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker, and you're in it for a good hour or so. Then, all of a sudden, you die and u gotta start over at the begining of the dungeon.

The entire Icy Lake stage in Mr. Bones
Jumping logs in Alundra
Getting the Medal in DOA:Ultimate
Yoshi tagging the sandbag in SSBM
The final mission in Soul Calibur

[quote name='False Hope']Can you attack the chickens and they swarm you in the Minish Cap? That was classic in OoT.[/quote]

Correction...that was classic in LttP.

[quote name='mykevermin']The Tigger mini game in Kingdom Hearts.

I hated Winnie the Pooh so shaq-fuing much after that game...[/quote]

AHAHAHA :lol:

Ikaruga. At almost any point.
Mega Man Anniversary Collection. Game you have to play for days at a time to beat...
SSBM. Beating some of the goals to get trophies (all of them).

[quote name='AdamInPlaidum'][quote name='False Hope']Can you attack the chickens and they swarm you in the Minish Cap? That was classic in OoT.[/quote]

Correction...that was classic in LttP.[/quote]

I think it was in both actually. Although LttP was the original...

- fighting ryu as guile (my favorite character) in super street fighter II
- nba street 2 - when the cpu cheats by taking advantage of the keep scores close feature
- playing as the lions (fav. team) in tecmo super bowl when it got to playoff time
- level 20 in tetris

I just had one of most frustrating gaming moments ever last week when I beat Far Cry. There is this huge valley before the last boss filled with very tough enemies. To make a long story short, before you enter the valley, there are two doors. If you go out them, they close permanently behind you. You've got to keep them open so you can go back and forth to a well stocked supply room. So you've got to move this chair from the next room over to block the door from closing. It's like a little puzzle. Problem is, you can't pick up the chair and it very difficult to place just by pushing or shooting it. It has a physics system on it, so it flops all over the place. You've got to move it though a couple of hallways and down some stairs. Then you've got to jam it in the door just right or it can come dislodged. To make matters even worse, sometimes the chair just gets stuck in to floor for no reason! Try moving that shaq-fu-ing chair a hundred times and you will know the meaning of frustration.

Far Cry, a brilliant game that has a final battle that boils down to placing a rickety chair in a doorway. Just sad actually . . .

I got to the final boss in Jade Cocoon 2 to only find I wasn't weak enough, and since he goes through 2 or 3 transformations, it gets hard when he can wipe out my monsters with 1 attack. The only place to level up after would be the forests that I went through at the beginning of the game. This would have to be a project for a long weekend if I wanted to beat it.

-Playing co-op Halo 2 with a friend. I hit the wrong button and ejected from my Banshee into the abyss. Respawned in midair several times, dying each time. Grrr!

-The giant hand in the mountain boss in Blood Will Tell. Took me dozens of tries to beat.

-The drill boss on the elevator in the new Musashi PS2 game. Also took me dozens of tries.

-The turbo-pressing part of Banjo-Tooie. I was doing a guide, so I HAD to beat it, and it was taking forever. I had worked like 60 hours in the four days leading up to that part.

-The torture part of Metal Gear Solid 1. I could NEVER beat it. Thankfully, that part was made easier in Twin Snakes, or I just got my rapid-fire groove on.

[quote name='jam3582']the damn toy plane mission in gta san andreas boy does that plane sux damnit[/quote]

Agreed. It made me so mad that I stopped playing the game. This was several weeks ago.

in counter-strike when I was sneaking up for a knife kill really well...got one slash in....and was about to get the second...when lo and behold...a nemesis of mine had sneaked up and knifed me!

not only did I not get my satisfying knife kill HUMILIATION...but I was knifed by a rival...and I rarely get knifed....

I was off the rest of the night and to this day it pissed me off that it happened. I am partly humiliated and partly envious...he got an ultimate kill on me...shit that sucked.

F-Zero GX, Story, Very Hard mode.
It made me cry like a litte girl o_O

Well, maybe not cry, but it did beat the shit out of me.
Jeez, those stages were hard as hell!

I don't really have problems in video games, other than that F-Zero GX game.

There is this Dumb level in Obi Wan that these droids are attacking you from four sidess and i am pretty sure you have to go into an air vent. I got past it one time then died and had to start from that point and could never get past it again.

Also in Zelda Ocarina of time , for the longest time i could not get past Volvagia, it always killed me around where i only had one hit to go on him. I finally beat him though and i was so excited(This was just a few months ago, i stopped playing this game for 6months because of that stupid dragon

-Getting the second item needed to get Tidus's ultimate weapon by racing chocobo's and getting less than 0.00 seconds or something like that. That took me 3 hours of consistant playing and blood-pressure medication to achieve.
-Most of PoP2 had me completely pissed off. Janky combat and a crappy first sword means alot of death and annoyance in the opening of a game.
-2nd Woo Zi race in San Andreas. That car has no handle and I kept veering off into various bodies of water along the path.
-Zero's 2nd mission. Enough to make me hate Cross and his whiny voice.

When I went to Gameworld in 1990 in NYC and my aunt didn't let me compete and let my cousing instead. Even though I was amazing at tetris and pretty good with mario. I could have won one of those games.

Close second, playing any Contra game and dying at the last boss without any more lives.

bread's done
Back