SHAQ-FU IT! Most frustrating games or gaming moments you've experienced...

Playing through the Water Temple in OoT.

Obtaining Surfing Pikachu in Pokemon Stadium.

Playing the game Conan (NES). Why did I even try??

Dead to Rights - Having to clear an alley of a sniper and tons of guys only to be chased by newly spawned thugs who are shooting at you while you try to pick a lock. After a few hours, I just gave up. I haven't returned to it since.

[quote name='darkJester']Dead to Rights - Having to clear an alley of a sniper and tons of guys only to be chased by newly spawned thugs who are shooting at you while you try to pick a lock. After a few hours, I just gave up. I haven't returned to it since.[/quote]

I beat this game and it was hard to get through that part.

My game moment has to be trying to beat the end of Resident Evil 0.

I'm currently stuck on two places.

In the orignal Splinter Cell there's a section in the Chinese Embassy where you have to drop down and grab this guard. Then force him to put his face in an eye scanner. I've redone this one section a hundred times. No matter what he always detects me and I can't grab him. I've basically given up. Which is annoying. It's the last part of the second to the last level. All I need to do is get by him to get to the last level and finish the game. :(

The other game is Buffy. I have to fight these two Shrimp Demons. Simultaneously at the Warf. I can barely beat one Shrimp Demon let alone two. I'm thinking of restarting the level completely and stocking up on weapons for the fight.

Athena - NES. I'm not sure the game had code done by humans.

SSBM - Pretty much any team battle in very hard mode, since your partners were terrible and died almost instantly. Then the computer would come after you in droves and double/triple team you. This wouldn't be so bad if the game was "fair" in terms of amount of damage they receive and you receive, but VH mode pretty much made you weak as shit and any computer opponent massively overpowered.

Sonic Battle - Same as above, especially on Cream's missions. She just f'n sits there and you have to take on two powerful droids with a weak Emerl. *Sigh*

Kingdom Hearts - Having to go all the way around an entire area about 4-5 times in order to move the game along. Also the vines in Tarzan's world were INSANE. I wasted a long time before I realized you can just do the trick in the lagoon area...

Pilotwings 64 - The level where you dive down the side of the mountain on a hang glider.

Vagrant Story - Enemies becoming incredibly strong against any weapon you have, until you get to a new area and can forge new weapons. Also wasting 2 hours on one of the puzzle speed attacks thinking I'd get some sort of reward out of it, when I got shit.

Earthbound - How everyime you moved to a new area, the monsters were WAY too strong, even if you leveled up insanely in the previous areas. Esepcially the damn mall - those cups of hot coffee tore me apart too many times. Also, trying to get the Gutsy Bat in Ness's dream, and how you only had 3 chances of getting it before you had to restart. Plus it was 1 in 128 chance of getting it each time. I'm told you can get it from the mecha krakens in the past, but by then you don't need it anymore...

Yae Ar Kung Fu - My character moves like an old lady.

Street Fighter 1 - See Yae Ar Kung Fu.

Solstice - THE ENTIRE DAMN GAME.

Ecco the Dolphin, any system - I remember it being incredibly hard, haven't tried it in a long while.

Don't despise me for this one, but trying to find the elevator to leave at the end of 309 Guilty Sparks in Halo took me a couple of aggravating days!

*The blinking lightbridge! Who knew?

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']

In the orignal Splinter Cell there's a section in the Chinese Embassy where you have to drop down and grab this guard. Then force him to put his face in an eye scanner. I've redone this one section a hundred times. No matter what he always detects me and I can't grab him. I've basically given up. Which is annoying. It's the last part of the second to the last level. All I need to do is get by him to get to the last level and finish the game. :( [/quote]

You know the funny thing about that was I did it perfect the first time but I forgot about the guy who enters the room on the top floor. So I jump down grab the guy do the eye scan and walk backwards through the door and get killed by the guy in the room. Then it took about ten tries before I got it right again. You basically have to get all the way down the pole without being seen. Then drop down behind him and quickly tap A to grab him. I knocked the guy a so many time before I got it right. It is all about timing for this part, perfect timing. Great game though Finished it and the downloadable levels.

[quote name='jlarlee']the one boss in Final fantasy tactics that you have to start out fighting solo. Than after you beat him he calls three high powered demons and your party has to take them on. It got to the point that i tried so many times that i could predict the order of their first 15 moves[/quote]

I hear that. I fought that guy for a couple of hours every day, for an ENTIRE SUMMER. I only beat him because I could actually SEE the AI logic routines after a while. "If I move to this square, he attacks. If I move to this square, he heals. If I move to this square, he casts ..." and on and on.

Number two is probably old-school Ikari Warriors: one moment I'm complaining how easy the game was with unlimited continues, and the next, I'm getting killed by the last boss and discovering that, without announcing it, they just decided to not let you continue from the boss at all. Yeah, like I was going to play through the ENTIRE game again just to take another shot at the guy. That must've been the first time I dropped the f-bomb.

99.5% of all games leave me pissed off one way or another. I don't know why I play, just to get pissed I guess.

Hiya,

I once dished out $20 in an arcade trying to beat this kid in Marvel vs. Capcom 2 in one day. He was like 10 and his dad was his coach... and yes, I won. :D

I'd say Ikaruga or Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter, but I like hard games. Looking forward to Nocturne... so imma say the chocobo game in FFX and near the end of Wild ARMs 3 -- after you save the world, and the game doesn't end... you have to save that guy's brother. -.- Sigh.

Trying to fight Dark Force in Phantasy Star 2.

OH and Super Puzzle Fighter 2 because I'm colorblind and I can't tell the difference between the yellow and green in that game unless I severely mess with the television's tint.

~Kap

Street Fighter 2010 on the NES. Bent the crap out of the metal legs of an old chair by repeatedly bashing it against the basement floor.

F-Zero GX. There was one track that I kept falling off of. I can handle losing, but I couldn't even stay on the track. Made me throw my Wavebird, so it had to go.

Don't laugh at mine, but...

Batman: Dark Tomorrow (GC) - Had to fight Black Mask (boss of 1st level) about 10-15 times to try and beat him. I figured if this boss is that tough to beat, the rest of the game must be a b*tch...oddly enough, once past him it was smooth sailing from there. Beat it within 2 days after that.

Transformers (PS2) - Friggin' STARSCREAM. Just beat him yesterday...and I hear Tidal Wave is that much HARDER. On the verge of givin' this up if I can't keep going within a reasonable time.

Hajime no ippo all stars or victorious boxers all stars in its translation and I would say the whole game is just frustrating. Now I own victorious boxers and that game was kind of frustrating but simple to get a hang of. Now this installment is just frustrating and an example would be in one match I was pounding the crap out of the AI then all of sudden he lands a straight right and I all of a sudden get knocked out. The AI in the game is just cheap I mean it takes about 1000 hits to the head to just stagger them a bit but yet it takes only a couple of hits for me and I go down. This would have to be the most frustrating game I've ever played

[quote name='JEKKI']THE UNICYCLE THINGY LEVEL IN BATTLETOADS[/quote]

oh my god i cant believe someone else remembers that. to this day i still can't beat that level.

i cant believe no one has put this one down yet. zelda ocarina of time. where you have to find the letter in the bottle in the lake..yet there are no clues that you have to find it at the lake or that your even looking for a letter in a bottle.....i spent days and days not knowing what i was supposed to do.

Otogi's saneke boss had me cussing.

Lately, I've got so close to finishing the first Ace mission in Mercenaries. I'm taking out the building, have full health, when from behind a jeep hits me for an instant death.

Instant death from behind sucks.

the entire ninja gaiden game and the entire jak 3 game

sephiroth on kingdom hearts

the last boss on mgs 3

a fucking glitch at the end of PoP 2 that wouldn't let me finish the game

the fact that you can't even swing the wrench at a reasonable speed on siren

the final boss on the metroid prime game

[quote name='jam3582']the damn toy plane mission in gta san andreas boy does that plane sux damnit[/quote]
I second that one. I had it all done and everything, but then I ran out of fuel trying to fly it back and land it on the building.

[quote name='nikkai']Throwing five chickens in 45 seconds in Minish Cap. grrrrr[/quote]

Just beat that. Wouldn't be that hard if I would grab a cucco instead of rolling all the fucking time...

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']The one mission in GTA:SA where you have to kill the guy with OG Loc(where you go to Sweets house)[/quote]

That was fuc king hard!

[quote name='jlarlee']the one boss in Final fantasy tactics that you have to start out fighting solo. Than after you beat him he calls three high powered demons and your party has to take them on. It got to the point that i tried so many times that i could predict the order of their first 15 moves[/quote]

That's a classic. My brother and my friend both quit after failing miserably at that point. I had to separate myslef for like two weeks until I came back and beat it. That was the instance that taught my friend the importance of backup save files.

Last game that pissed me off bad was Viewtiful Joe. I was trying to beat it w/o continuing. tossed that plan out around the third level.

I was just doing this last night the end boss on ratchet and clank. took me a good hour to get him down to one hit or so to kill him and he freakin cheap shots me and knocks me off the ledge. so i was out of money from buying ammo during the fight so i decide to load my save and it takes me all the way to the start of the level before the boss RAAAAAAAHHHH

Trying to dodge 200 lightning bolts (in a row) in Final Fantasy 10 to unlock one of the special items.

I almost tossed my tv out the fucking window >_

Every Prince of Persia game near the end!

The original (not Sands of Time - the real original on PC circa 1990), the whole mirror & fighting yourself took forever to figure out, not to mention the fact that you had 60 minutes of game time to complete the entire game and if time ran out you went back to level 1 to try again.

Prince of Persia II - the shadow & the flame. I don't remember all the details but I do remember some bizarre puzzle rooms with a large spider at the very end. My brother and I got stuck there on a weekend. We played all night Saturday night until we had to go to church on Sunday & never could figure it out (neither one of us could stay awake through services ). We had to go out on Monday & get the strategy guide just to finish the stupid thing.

I'm currently stuck on POP:SOT near the end once you lose the dagger (climbing the tower of dawn). I can't get the timing right to do the jumping back and forth to go down the walls. I can go up fine, but not down to save my life. So I go through the whole 5 minute sequence to get to that point, make one jump, 2 if I'm lucky, fall the rest of the way, die, curse, shut off the xbox in disgust. I'm almost to the point where I'm afraid to put that stupid game back in the box.

I know I'm retarded for not being able to do the stupid thing, but we all have our nemeses.

Oh, and all the arcade challenges in Timesplitters 2. Absolutely insane!

I dare anyone, that doesn't know the "patterns" needed to beat the game, to not end up throwing a controller or laying curled up in a corner (mumbling to themself) from playing Kirby's Avalanche (aka Puyo Puyo games) for the SNES.

Even a modern teenager rased on Mountain Dew, MTV quick cut (and shaky cam...ugh) videos, id FPS games, with A.D.D. doesn't stand a chance. The console computer opponent plays the game faster than humanly possible even after the first few levels of the EASY mode.

I often wonder how much crack some game designers/developers had to be smoking to think some of the games that come out, with moments like the ones we have all talked about here, would be "fun" to play. It's one thing to play against another person that is better, but it's an entirely different thing to play against a computer opponent that has speed (and often "pre"-visual based knowledge of what is going to happen) on their side.

[quote name='False Hope']Can you attack the chickens and they swarm you in the Minish Cap? That was classic in OoT.[/quote]

FYI, that was originally from Zelda:LttP on the classic SNES.

The last mission in Mafia has me really pissed off at the moment. Its pretty frustrating when someone with a shotgun is 200 yards away from you and somehow you die from two shots, i never knew shotguns were like sniper rifles. Another annoying this with that level is you have a tommy gun, and while unloading my tommy gun into some guys face he still manages to kill me with 3 shots from his fucking pistol. I've decided to put this game away for awhile, my blood pressure cant take it.

[quote name='Rig']Playing through the Water Temple in OoT.[/quote]

AGREED.

The rest of that game was cake except for that damn temple. I had nightmares from switching the water level back and forth, back and forth... not to mention you had to change boots every 2.3 seconds. Fruststration.

[quote name='Hereticked']Trying to dodge 200 lightning bolts (in a row) in Final Fantasy 10 to unlock one of the special items.

I almost tossed my tv out the shaq-fuing window >_

id say the most frustrating moments ive had playing games have been playing ghouls and ghosts and battletoads as a kid, and more recently fzero gx, god damnit it is so hard i threw my wavebird so many times screaming from the anal raping

Super Ghouls and Ghosts for the SNES hands down. In all the years of gaming - and I've been around since the beginning - nothing has pissed me off like this one. The game is hard enough in the first place, but once you beat it you find out that the game isn't over! You have to play through it a SECOND TIME in it's ENTIRETY to get a special weapon to defeat the final boss. Oh, and once you get that magic bracelet to fight the boss with? , make sure you don't get killed - because the chances of it turning back up again before the end of the game are slim to none. God forbid the end boss actually kills you - you can just hang it up. Most frustrating game - ever!

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='Hereticked']Trying to dodge 200 lightning bolts (in a row) in Final Fantasy 10 to unlock one of the special items.

I almost tossed my tv out the shaq-fuing window >__<

But I'm going to play through Final Fantasy 10 again one of these days and I WILL do it.....

[quote name='daikaiju']Super Ghouls and Ghosts for the SNES hands down. In all the years of gaming - and I've been around since the beginning - nothing has pissed me off like this one. The game is hard enough in the first place, but once you beat it you find out that the game isn't over! You have to play through it a SECOND TIME in it's ENTIRETY to get a special weapon to defeat the final boss. Oh, and once you get that magic bracelet to fight the boss with? , make sure you don't get killed - because the chances of it turning back up again before the end of the game are slim to none. God forbid the end boss actually kills you - you can just hang it up. Most frustrating game - ever![/quote]

I agree, about having to play through it again. BUT, you do get that shitty bracelet weapon on the last stage if you play it perfectly. My friends and I left the game paused for a week and played it several hours every day trying to beat the last boss with the bracelet and we never did it :(

bread's done
Back