share the memory card adaptor love

cave

CAG Veteran
since i dont need it anymore and cant imagine anyone using it more than once I'm gonna ship the PS3 Memory card adaptor to whoever pm's me first. Since I've never posted before and I don't want anyone to think I'll just take the money and run i will ship it FREE!!! All I ask is that you share the love and ship it to someone after you've used it.

Please don't request it if you want to keep it. Only if you will keep passing it on and I don't expect everyone to ship for free obviously.

If someone has a good idea of how to keep a list of who currently has it for updating please take it over I am a total noob to forums.

It's still good to keep it around because you can copy back to a PS2 memory card, just in case you want to play a game on a friend who only has a PS2.

Very nice of you... I'd take it but if I got one, I'd want to keep it as I go back and forth from PS2 to PS3.

Just remember, if you don't transfer over all your saves and mail it to the next person within a week,
YOU DIE.

When I transfered my saves, I just returned it the next day.

So... yeah, I'll just rebuy one and do it over again if I ever need one.

Where are the people yelling 'zomg return fraud' on the people who used the memory card adapter and then returned it? I've seen tons of these threads all over the intrawebz and not one person must think this is a shady practice, I guess.

[quote name='metaly']Just remember, if you don't transfer over all your saves and mail it to the next person within a week,
YOU DIE.
[/quote]

:lol: :applause:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer'] Where are the people yelling 'zomg return fraud' on the people who used the memory card adapter and then returned it? I've seen tons of these threads all over the intrawebz and not one person must think this is a shady practice, I guess.[/quote]

I can't follow the line of thought that allows people to do this. One post I read on another site attempted to justify it by saying that Sony should have packed it in with the PS3. While I agree, that doesn't allow anyone to commit return fraud.

Just because you bought the donut, you can't take the milk free (or reseal the milk after you've drunk it). Okay, yeah, just ignore the analogy. Return fraud is wrong.

The same thing was being done (sharing the mem. card adapter) by the people over at the AVS forums a while back at it seem to work out fine.

Can I get in line for this. I think it's a great idea. I'm not sure who's gonna have it and when, so please PM me when you're done and ready to ship it to the next person. :)
-G

PS if you look around you can use an exploit that lets you use a file brower on the ps2
thus not having to use this to transfer mem card data (just transfer all info from mem card to usb drive, usb drive to ps3)

havent tried it but im assuming it would work.....

[quote name='The Mana Knight']It's still good to keep it around because you can copy back to a PS2 memory card, just in case you want to play a game on a friend who only has a PS2.[/QUOTE]
You can only copy the game save files from the PS2 memory card to the PS3 hard drive. You cant copy the new updated game saves back onto the PS2 memory card. So its pretty much a one time use.

I just finished my review on it

[quote name='iazybandit']You can only copy the game save files from the PS2 memory card to the PS3 hard drive. You cant copy the new updated game saves back onto the PS2 memory card. So its pretty much a one time use.

I just finished my review on it

[/quote]

Your information is a bit out of date. Originally this was true but as of Firmware 1.80 you can copy files to and from the memory card to the PS3. http://www.us.playstation.com/News/PressReleases/400

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer'] Where are the people yelling 'zomg return fraud' on the people who used the memory card adapter and then returned it? I've seen tons of these threads all over the intrawebz and not one person must think this is a shady practice, I guess.[/quote]

It's tough trying to talk a lot of people out of return fraud. Return policies need to be more explicit that they're for products that are defective or incompatible, not ones you no longer want. (Or maybe they already are and staff choose to turn a blind eye, in which case, way to support your company.)

Anyway, thanks for having principles. And this thread is a hundred times better than returning your adapter to the store. (I'd mail mine off, but I often do the PS3->PS2 thing.)

I don't see how it is return fraud to use it and return it. Unless it's against a specific stores policy then it isn't return fraud.

If we are doing this I would not mind getting in line for it. And we should post the name of who has it so the pressure is on for them to pass it along :)

ok so this is how often I remember this site...I haven't thought of this since my post.

I will restart this if there is any interest.

I got 3 more at the Sears clearance sale for $5 each, dunno how important it is to do it but oh well. So now I'm gonna mail the 3 so I can keep one.

Try to find one at Sears if you want. I'll be mailing the 3 off in the morning.

I promise :)

I just need some addresses.

Ok so 1 is mailed off and 2 remain. PM me if you want one, make sure you include your address in the PM and only do this if your gonna pass it on .

If you're willing to trust a noob to the boards with it, I'll take one and send it right back. I'm in Seattle, so if you send it from Kennewick, it'll be cheap and fast. I'll understand if you need me to hang around more before sending one though.

i'll take one, and return/send it off to the next person after. i should have my ps3 in about a week though if that reduces my priority. i'm gonna go look at best buy/walmart soon so it might be faster.

ok here's the listing of the 3 available

1- el_cheezer can contact kube00 for this one
2- I'm holding till arakis gives me his addy
3- being mailed to Rig on monday

thanks for your interest

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I won't let you guys down. Kube, I'll send you a PM with my address. I'll UPS the reader to who ever needs it next.

EDIT: Natureboy, I'll send it to you once I get the one from Kube. I'll PM you for your address once I'm done with it. I've sent my addy to kube. Hopefully we'll get it to you soon.

Just started looking on ebay for a used adapter. Glad to find this thread. Someone please PM me when you're ready to send it on to the next person.

[quote name='happy']I'll join the line for this. How are they being sent? Just a regular envelope and some padding?[/QUOTE]

I put it in a readypost padded envelope, cost $1.09. But a envelope should work. I mail them with the little cardboard piece they came in. The postage for 3 day parcel was less than $2.

All finished with mine. As soon as I can get to town and get a bubble mailer or box, I will ship it out!

Thanks again, OP!

I have one but I'd like to keep it. I'd consider letting someone "rent it" if needed. Only thing I ask is you pay shipping to get it back to me.

I got one I should be able to send it out later today or tomorrow, is someone keeping track of which should go where?

I think I'm next after you, happy, but I'm actually having trouble locating my ps2 card. I'll bump myself down the list so I don't hold anything up.

I think that makes yukine next.

I got one yesterday and will finish up transfering everything today. Should be able to send it on to who ever is next before the weekend or early next week.

With that said: Cave, who's up next for this? Did Natureboy get one yet. If not, I'll just PM him for his addy and send it to him once I'm done.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back