Sharkoon Xtatic SX Gaming Headset $39.96 @ Walmart.com

[quote name='vlv723']Anyone has one? Deciding on this or the Turtle Beach X11 whenever that goes on sale again...[/QUOTE]

I own the Sharkoon Xtatic SX Headset. Very comfortable, balanced and clear sound, with no hissing sound in the background. Great headset for $39.99 that's for sure.

[quote name='vlv723']Anyone has one? Deciding on this or the Turtle Beach X11 whenever that goes on sale again...[/QUOTE]

Sharkoon Headsets are awesome. Light and comfortable.

[quote name='BiggNick']Too bad no PS3 headset love.[/QUOTE]
Well if you pay an extra $20 you can get the X-tatic SP which is compatable with 360, PS3, and PC

Idk about the SX but the SP is a good headset very comfortable and very good sound for a non-SS headset

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']I bought it when Amazon had it for 40$, and I gotta say it's brilliant. It's almost as good as my 720 Trittons for 1/3 of the price.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, the Sharkoon Xtatic SX is the best headset on the market for $39.96. That's a crazy sick price.

[quote name='vlv723']Amazon matched the price but OOS. Ordered one anyway and should be delivered 1-4 weeks.[/QUOTE]

Why wait 4 weeks, when walmart has in-stock now?

[quote name='jon714']Why wait 4 weeks, when walmart has in-stock now?[/QUOTE]

Because there are a lot of us with loads of free or cheap Amazon credit lying around...

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Because there are a lot of us with loads of free or cheap Amazon credit lying around...[/QUOTE]

OK, that makes sense. Just asking....

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Because there are a lot of us with loads of free or cheap Amazon credit lying around...[/QUOTE]

That and no tax. That $3 and change can make a difference.

[quote name='vlv723']That and no tax. That $3 and change can make a difference.[/QUOTE]

Save $3 bucks, but wait 4 weeks. That's a toss up, but I think I would pay the $3 extra. Depends on how much of a cheapass I want to be.

I own the Xtatic SP headset. It's a great headset if you play on both PS3 & Xbox 360. From what I have read the SX is the same headset, but it only supports the Xbox 360 & PC. I definitely would recommend the SX if you only game on the Xbox 360 or PC.

Was going to pick up a set of X11's at target tomorrow, but after seeing this decided to give it try. Ordered through Walmart btw. Thanks for posting!

[quote name='halomaster']Save $3 bucks, but wait 4 weeks. That's a toss up, but I think I would pay the $3 extra. Depends on how much of a cheapass I want to be.[/QUOTE]

Well it's Amazon credit..plus I have Turtle Beach PX21s I use for both my PS3 and 360 but would rather have separate headphones for each system. Hence, I can wait the 2-4 weeks.

[quote name='vlv723']Well it's Amazon credit..plus I have Turtle Beach PX21s I use for both my PS3 and 360 but would rather have separate headphones for each system. Hence, I can wait the 2-4 weeks.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure your going to like the Xtatic SX headset, I love the Xtatic SP. Let me know which headset you like better, the PX21, or the Xtatic SX.

[quote name='vlv723']Well it's Amazon credit..plus I have Turtle Beach PX21s I use for both my PS3 and 360 but would rather have separate headphones for each system. Hence, I can wait the 2-4 weeks.[/QUOTE]

If you already have a headset and can wait 4 weeks thats great. I'm just saying to save $3 in tax is not worth waiting 4 weeks for me.

Will this one or the 59.99 one work if i use the audio out from my TV? My systems are hooked up by HDMI so i cant use the AV passthru.

[quote name='sgr76']Will this one or the 59.99 one work if i use the audio out from my TV? My systems are hooked up by HDMI so i cant use the AV passthru.[/QUOTE]

Short answer is no, but I don't think other headsets will work without some type of adapter. I just posted a blog review about the SP.

So quick question before I pull the trigger. How would this work if my setup is xbox component cables going to TV with optical cable going to HT. Basically I am currently splitting the video and sound. And I see these headsets require composite cables. Thanks for the help!

[quote name='MANvsGADGET']Short answer is no, but I don't think other headsets will work without some type of adapter. I just posted a blog review about the SP.[/QUOTE]

Link???

I need more info on how and what I need to do so I can get this headset working

I have the X11's, I would recommend those as well. I think the audio quality would be about the same for both, its just stereo.

I got this headset from amazon too last week and I'm very happy with it. I also have my xbox connected via hdmi. If your TV has audio outputs, you can run the headset's red and white rca wires to outputs instead of the xbox cables. That way you can hear any audio from your TV on your headset.

[quote name='sgr76']Will this one or the 59.99 one work if i use the audio out from my TV? My systems are hooked up by HDMI so i cant use the AV passthru.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it works just fine with the RCA audio out jacks on my TV. I use this headset for listening to TV, 360 and PS3. The mic only works for the 360, but for just listening it works fine.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']Yes, it works just fine with the RCA audio out jacks on my TV. I use this headset for listening to TV, 360 and PS3. The mic only works for the 360, but for just listening it works fine.[/QUOTE]

Thank you and damnit! I didn't pull the trigger because i wasn't sure it would work and man/gadget said no. Now i gotta catch another sale.

I was very tempted by this one. I ended up opting to get a Seinheisser HD201, but the Sharkoon Xtatic sounds pretty nice and this deal would have only made them $10 more. Ah well, mayb eif I see them at a similar price in the future I'll bite.

[quote name='sgr76']Thank you and damnit! I didn't pull the trigger because i wasn't sure it would work and man/gadget said no. Now i gotta catch another sale.[/QUOTE]

My bad, I just connected my headset through my TV and it worked. The cables are also audio piggybacks, so you can connect another set of cables top. I just checked and walmart has the SX back in-srtock.

I said fuck it and canceled the Amazon order and spent the extra $3ish in tax to get it now. It's on the way to my local Walmart.

bread's done
Back