Shattered Horizon 50% (9.99)off steam REQ DX10!

played it during one of the free weekends and had a great time with it, just may pick it up at $10. Thanks OP!

Despite its general ratings among critics, people seem to be enjoying this game immensely. At $9.99, perhaps I should consider giving it a look.

The trailer makes it look amusing, as well. CAG thoughts?

Most of the critical reviews are from before the updates, when content was thought to be too sparse. Since then they've doubled the map count to 8, added a new mode, new weapons (there'd rail gun, shotgun, SMG, machine gun and assault rifle now) and new grenades.

It's a really cool gameplay concept well realized. Yeah, it is demanding, but it's sure got enough content to justify the 10$ price. There's no other FPS experience like it.

Rock, Paper, Shotgun did a really great run-down of the updates and how they improved the game:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/05/13/fixing-the-sky-shattered-horizon-updates/

Furthermore, SH SCREAMS for a single player campaign and we're not gonna get it unless we support their multiplayer version.

[quote name='slowpantz']played it during one of the free weekends and had a great time with it, just may pick it up at $10. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]
Same here. I wish I had gotten it when it was $5. With just the one weapon and three maps, the game was great. The one problem is that the community was not that big, although I'm sure it's better now since there's been two sales and a free weekend in the past month.

[quote name='Unrealevil']Same here. I wish I had gotten it when it was $5. With just the one weapon and three maps, the game was great. The one problem is that the community was not that big, although I'm sure it's better now since there's been two sales and a free weekend in the past month.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't have the player count of some other games, but I've not had trouble finding servers with people playing.

bread's done
Back