Shaun White Skateboarding (PS3/Wii/Xbox 360) $14.99 w/ free shipping @ bestbuy.com

PimpBot2000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Shaun White Skateboarding - Xbox 360 Rating: T=Teen $14.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Shaun+W...oductCategoryId=abcat0701009&id=1218204528947

Shaun White Skateboarding - Nintendo Wii Rating: E10+=Everyone 10+ $14.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Shaun+W...ategoryId=pcmcat147400050009&id=1218204529388

Shaun White Skateboarding - PlayStation 3 Rating: T=Teen $14.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Shaun+W...oductCategoryId=abcat0703008&id=1218269691796

(At the time of posting, PS3 version trades in for $30 at Amazon and the Xbox 360 version for $27.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I'm in for one. Thanks, OP!

Reviews were mediocre but I'm a sucker for skating games. Quick drop - two months.

[quote name='token2k6']wow, that was really fast..I guess I'll get it with Lost Planet 2, not bad, 2 for $25..[/QUOTE]

This...

And I was thinking about getting Nier for the 360 at Gamestop because it's $15 also!

So many games this Christmas season it's not even funny anymore! My IPod is filled with video game apps lol and so is my 360 inventory! BACKLOG FTW! lol

[quote name='nnthomas']This game is absolute trash... sorry for anyone who got one[/QUOTE]

What didn't you like about the game when you played it? It looks pretty cool from the footage I've seen of it.

Snagged one of each and used my $20 gift certificate; will then trade to Amazon.

Purchase price: $26.97.
Amazon Credit for Trades: $79.

Bingo.

[quote name='AwRy108']Snagged one of each and used my $20 gift certificate; will then trade to Amazon.

Bingo.[/QUOTE]

what the? are you serious?? umm, good job I guess, now everyone else will watch that plummet ;)

[quote name='mtxbass1']Is this the same price instore?[/QUOTE]

it may be, maybe not..if it isn't just go to the customer service counter and have them hit up BB.com really quick. Might suck since its the holidays and the CS area always has a line, but shouldn't take more than 15 minutes..

[quote name='token2k6']what the? are you serious?? umm, good job I guess, now everyone else will watch that plummet ;)[/QUOTE]

Early bird gets the worm, friend. Also, would much rather do all my business with Amazon, whether it be buying or trading in.

Just converted $90(+tax) of Best Buy gifts cards towards $171 in Amazon gift cards. I had no use for the Best Buy gift cards since I do most of my shopping on Amazon. I ended up keeping 1 copy of the Shaun White game just to see how it is but if its as horrid as I hear it is, off to Amazon it goes. Thanks OP =)

[quote name='scum1']will the store match this price instore?[/QUOTE]

who cares - this is why you order via the site and choose store pickup

[quote name='Camwi']What didn't you like about the game when you played it? It looks pretty cool from the footage I've seen of it.[/QUOTE]

If you're expecting a game like Tony Hawk Pro Skater, run far far away. It controls for sheet, the multiplayer is a ghost town (it sold like 3,000 AFAIK), and you can finish it in a weekend. Theres no replay or unlockables (you now remember unlocking Officer Bob in THPS2).

I was excited for this game @ E3, and when I finally got it from Gamefly, I wanted to rip my pubes out at how awful it was.

Just go pick up Skate 2... or even worse, Skate 3.

[quote name='nnthomas']If you're expecting a game like Tony Hawk Pro Skater, run far far away. It controls for sheet, the multiplayer is a ghost town (it sold like 3,000 AFAIK), and you can finish it in a weekend. Theres no replay or unlockables (you now remember unlocking Officer Bob in THPS2).

I was excited for this game @ E3, and when I finally got it from Gamefly, I wanted to rip my pubes out at how awful it was.

Just go pick up Skate 2... or even worse, Skate 3.[/QUOTE]
I agree with you, this game is pure shit! The controlls REALLY blow, the graphics are sub-par. Its just a all around BAD game.

[quote name='AwRy108']Snagged one of each and used my $20 gift certificate; will then trade to Amazon.

Bingo.[/QUOTE]

BB has an exclusive DLC. There's a possibility this game wouldnt be accepted by Noram so I'd check that first.

just so you flippers know.. this is a best buy exclusive edition. that means it has a unique sku.. which means amazon will not accept it since the sku will be unrecognizable.

Nice. I was interested, and I went ahead and got this on PS3. I told myself I'd get it when it was cheap... but didn't expect it this fast.

UbiSoft, you guys are pathetic.

[quote name='Scorch']just so you flippers know.. this is a best buy exclusive edition. that means it has a unique sku.. which means amazon will not accept it since the sku will be unrecognizable.[/QUOTE]

thanks, almost pulled the trigger when I saw this.

[quote name='Scorch']just so you flippers know.. this is a best buy exclusive edition. that means it has a unique sku.. which means amazon will not accept it since the sku will be unrecognizable.[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

[quote name='scorch']just so you flippers know.. This is a best buy exclusive edition. That means it has a unique sku.. Which means amazon will not accept it since the sku will be unrecognizable.[/quote]

fml. I'm still going to give it a shot.

Oh easy work around on this. Just requires a quick trip over to GS or really a quick print of the cover

EDIT: It looks like the TIV is really high right now at GS $18 SC before bonus.

So with the 50% bonus $27 (same as Amazon without the hassle of dealing with changing UPC) for the PS3

Last edited by a moderator:

Amazon will most definitely take it--it's the same game, but with some content exclusive to Best Buy. It's not like Amazon asks you to input SKU's when you trade stuff in, anyway. Besides, when's the last time you've had a store decline a trade-in based on it's SKU? Hell, GameStop takes everything, even games labeled "Not For Resale".

Quit trying to scare people off from making a few bucks, it's not like it's hurting you or anyone else; in fact, if anything, Best Buy will be glad to get this game out of their inventory.

Lastly, Best Buy's daily deal only lets you order one of each per order, so don't generalize and go calling your fellow CAG's "hoarders" just because they're reselling a few things.

[quote name='Donut2922']BB has an exclusive DLC. There's a possibility this game wouldnt be accepted by Noram so I'd check that first.[/QUOTE]

When's the last time a retailer didn't take a trade-in because it had EXTRA content? Just sayin'.

awry - amazon scans games and goes by sku's. they don't manually type things in like gamestop does. people run into problems all the time with store exclusive editions not being accepted by amazon. the most recent example is enslaved from k-mart. their copies came with a bonus comic and as such, had a different sku. amazon rejected trade-ins on it when sent in because it didn't match the sku they had. i dunno, maybe this will be different. i'm not 100% sure that it has a different sku.. it does say best buy exclusive edition, though, and every game i've got that has that on it has a different sku from the regular version of the game. gs would absolutely take this game, but amazon is automated.

also, i don't care about hoarders or flippers. i've done it before, too. i was giving everyone a heads up. regardless if there is a limit for ordering online, you can pm as many copies of it as you want in-store. i just picked up two copies of lp2 for $10 after pm'ing the site without a hassle.

[quote name='AwRy108']When's the last time a retailer didn't take a trade-in because it had EXTRA content? Just sayin'.[/QUOTE]
Amazon does it all the time, just sayin

[quote name='AwRy108']Amazon will most definitely take it--it's the same game, but with some content exclusive to Best Buy. It's not like Amazon asks you to input SKU's when you trade stuff in, anyway. Besides, when's the last time you've had a store decline a trade-in based on it's SKU? Hell, GameStop takes everything, even games labeled "Not For Resale".

Quit trying to scare people off from making a few bucks, it's not like it's hurting you or anyone else; in fact, if anything, Best Buy will be glad to get this game out of their inventory.

Lastly, Best Buy's daily deal only lets you order one of each per order, so don't generalize and go calling your fellow CAG's "hoarders" just because they're reselling a few things.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you but here is what is on Amazon FAQ:

Items must be in good condition and arrive complete with all elements undamaged and in original packaging. For textbooks, this includes the cover, pages, binding, and any associated media. For video games and movies, this includes the correct disc(s), manual, cover art, bundled accessories, UPC, and case. For hardware, this includes all cables, controllers, bundled media, memory cards, hard drives, batteries, etc. Media items must have been originally sold by a retailer in North America.
So while it might go it might not. Like I said GS is going with the same TIV after bonus. So you could just jump on that and save the potential disappointment.

So yea it could be trouble.

[quote name='Scorch']awry - amazon scans games and goes by sku's. they don't manually type things in like gamestop does. people run into problems all the time with store exclusive editions not being accepted by amazon. the most recent example is enslaved from k-mart. their copies came with a bonus comic and as such, had a different sku. amazon rejected trade-ins on it when sent in because it didn't match the sku they had. i dunno, maybe this will be different. i'm not 100% sure that it has a different sku.. it does say best buy exclusive edition, though, and every game i've got that has that on it has a different sku from the regular version of the game.[/QUOTE]

Maybe we will get lucky and it be a different SKU that is a sticker (like Castlevania) I will find out here shortly when I pick up my copies (1 of each)

does that 50% (+10% with PUR card) automatically happen at the register, or do I need a coupon? but $15 to turn this into $27 would get me Forza 3 Ultimate at GS so I can buy the DLC to drive that freaking DeLorean (which looks so awesome!)

[quote name='token2k6']does that 50% (+10% with PUR card) automatically happen at the register, or do I need a coupon? but $15 to turn this into $27 would get me Forza 3 Ultimate at GS so I can buy the DLC to drive that freaking DeLorean (which looks so awesome!)[/QUOTE]

Looks like its automatic.

From the backlash, it sounds like Shaun White Skateboarding is on par with Shaun White Snowboarding. Ughhhhhh.

That being said- in for one!

Well, from what I can tell, the "Best Buy Exclusive" editions (PS3 and 360) have different SKU's and the "Best Buy Exclusive" sticker is actually part of the cover art, not a sticker.

Now I'm nervous, prolly gonna just take mine to GameStop and get the 60% bonus.

Sucky part is, I didn't want to have to spend money @ GameStop. LOL.

told ya. i wasn't trying to be a dick in telling people like you painted me out to be. i picked mine up this morning, saw it printed on the cover and wanted to give everyone a heads up before they placed their order or picked their orders up

[quote name='Scorch']told ya. i wasn't trying to be a dick in telling people like you painted me out to be. i picked mine up this morning, saw it printed on the cover and wanted to give everyone a heads up before they placed their order or picked their orders up[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I apologize for being a dick--shouldn't have jumped to conclusions like I did. Been one of those days...

In any event, thanks for calling this to everyone's attention, you probably just saved lots of CAG's a lot of hassle.

Alright, for anyone who might be thinking about trying anyway, don't. Read the text in bold. I was unaware of these terms... but I'm unaware of a lot of things, lol

>>>>>>>>>>>

Me: I'm looking to trade in my copy of Shaun White Skateboarding for the Xbox 360.. but it's the Best Buy exclusive (different UPC codes). It's the same game and even has bonus content.. but I want to make sure you guys will take it before I submit a trade-in offer. 3:07:45 PM

Balamurugan: Hello, my name is Bala. I'll be happy to help you. 3:07:57 PM
Balamurugan: The items you trade are sent to an Amazon Merchant who will assess the quality at its sole discretion and will only accept trade-in items that meet the trade in conditions. 3:09:02 PM

Me: Hello Bala. 3:09:02 PM

Balamurugan: Hi Nathaniel. 3:09:10 PM
Balamurugan: For video games and movies, submissions must include correct disc(s), manual, cover art, bundled accessories, UPC, and case. 3:09:30 PM

Me: So given the UPC code IS different (although it's the SAME game) it won't be accepted? 3:09:58 PM

Balamurugan: Yes. 3:10:38 PM
Balamurugan: Items that are materially damaged or that do not match the items on the trade-in-list are not eligible for return to you, and may be disposed of by the merchant. 3:10:58 PM

Me:Are there zero exceptions regarding this issue? 3:11:00 PM

Balamurugan: All other items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 business days after receipt and can be tracked in Your Trade-In Account 3:11:05 PM
Balamurugan: http://amazon.com/tradein/youraccount 3:11:05 PM
Balamurugan: No exception can be made. I'm sorry about that.3:11:22 PM
Balamurugan: For full details, please read the Trade-in Program Terms and Conditions here: 3:12:14 PM
Balamurugan: http://amazon.com/tradein/terms 3:12:14 PM
Balamurugan: Nathaniel, is there anything else I can assist you with today? 3:12:30 PM

Me: That's all. Thank you for your time!

It's $16 + $8, right (since they're doing the 50%)? So $24? Or is it $16 after the 50%? I'll try it out this afternoon.. if it's horrible, I'll trade it in.

Awry - It's cool, no worries.

[quote name='Scorch'] I'll try it out this afternoon.. if it's horrible, I'll trade it in.[/QUOTE]

good point, and here I was going to go to BB and then straight to GS, but maybe I can spin it for 5 minutes which is always enough time to determine if a game is crap or not..if it's good, I'll go pick up another copy to keep. but then again, sounds like this could hit the $5-$10 Newegg range

[quote name='Scorch']It's $16 + $8, right (since they're doing the 50%)? So $24? Or is it $16 after the 50%? I'll try it out this afternoon.. if it's horrible, I'll trade it in.

Awry - It's cool, no worries.[/QUOTE]

It's $16 + $8 (+$1.60 w/ PUW).

bread's done
Back