Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga

mjc819

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I'm looking for a copy of the first DDS, doesn't need to be sealed or anything. I know there are some on eBay but I refuse to pay the ridiculous prices they want for them. ($80+)

If you have an extra copy or you know of someone that does here, PM me. Thanks!

thats exactly why you would not find a copy. try using gamestop's locator and go to game crazy's around your area. GS B&M sells them for $39.99 and i heard game crazy sells it for $14.99. good luck, youll need it.

I got my copy through b&m GS. It did take awhile to get. It can drive you crazy but I checked the locator everyday. Poof one faithful day it popped up. Called the store and had them hold for me. Got Nocturne the same way. It came with a mint case and mint disc. Sent an email to Atlus. They sent me a mint manual, soundtrack and deluxe box. They went above and beyond. There are many levels of being a cheap ass gamer. Sometimes when you want something enough you break down and pay. Sometimes you fight yourself and wait for it come down in price. It was in stock online at GS a little while back but that went fast. If you happen to see it available online use coupon aff25 to get 25% off or saver for free shipping. Only one or the other. Good luck with your search.

I just sent Atlus an email to see if they have a case/manual for SMT: Nocturne. I live right by them in Irvine :crosses fingers:

P.S. what does GS B&M stand for? Is it gamestop something?

Ah ic, thanks.

Also I don't see a game locater on the gamestop website, just the normal search the full website. I imagine that is different since it doesn't list which stores have it?

Edit: Nvm found it, guess you have to search for it online and if it shows up then do the store locater on the item page.

[quote name='Strife025']I just sent Atlus an email to see if they have a case/manual for SMT: Nocturne. I live right by them in Irvine :crosses fingers:

P.S. what does GS B&M stand for? Is it gamestop something?[/quote]

B&M means brick and mortar, meaning the physical locations they own as opposed to an online store.

Hehe... its what i love about working at gamestop 90% of the stuff like this never makes it to the shelf in my store.. Employee's buy it up and add it to our collections lol :)

[quote name='Rollett']Hehe... its what i love about working at gamestop 90% of the stuff like this never makes it to the shelf in my store.. Employee's buy it up and add it to our collections lol :)[/quote]

Another reason GS is so wonderful for the consumer. Oh wait..

To the person who was able to email Atlus about missing items; how exactly did you convince them to do that? I sent them an email politely asking for the soundtrack to Nocturne since that was missing from my copy and never got a reply or a CD :/

[quote name='sailorchrono']To the person who was able to email Atlus about missing items; how exactly did you convince them to do that? I sent them an email politely asking for the soundtrack to Nocturne since that was missing from my copy and never got a reply or a CD :/[/quote]

I don't think they have anymore Nocturne soundtracks. I e-mailed them awhile ago and they said they have no more.

I've been searching high and low for a case insert/manual for SMT: DDS after I scored a MINT disc from Gamestop last month. I've emailed Altus twice and never gotten a response.

There was an auction on eBay last week for such a thing, but he wanted 20 freaking bucks! What a joke.....

[quote name='underliness']Another reason GS is so wonderful for the consumer. Oh wait..[/quote]

To bad i AM a consumer.. oh wait.. huh ? what i work at a gamestore and collect/play games~! holy cow.

Damn, so they're really out? I guess you can all thank that guy that made the thread about how Atlus was giving these away for free and probably led to a lot of random people asking for extra cases/manuals even though they didn't have the games.

I guess I should be thankful that I was able to get the Nocturne OST back in February.

[quote name='Vinny']Damn, so they're really out? I guess you can all thank that guy that made the thread about how Atlus was giving these away for free and probably led to a lot of random people asking for extra cases/manuals even though they didn't have the games.

I guess I should be thankful that I was able to get the Nocturne OST back in February.[/quote]

Yeeeeep. I was pretty disappointed when they said they ran out. :/

At least they were able to send out the DDS stuff.

[quote name='Rollett']To bad i AM a consumer.. oh wait.. huh ? what i work at a gamestore and collect/play games~! holy cow.[/quote]

Oh sorry I meant consumers that come in and buy games full price, not employees that hide it in back as it comes in and buy at discount or save it for another employee. I'll try to be more specific next time. Keep bragging though, i'm sure all the people that are trying hard to find these games are happy to know they never even hit the shelves because of people like you.

We dont hide it in back, Against store rules.... Next cocky ass hole response please ? And Just a FYI the company considers employee's customers too... so if there is something we want to buy we have full rights to buy it...

Besides the people who work at the stores put up with enough crap... Numbers,Poor wages.... Customers like you im sure.... ect ect ect... I think the company is good for at least allowing us a little perk.
And i know you will make some snappy come back to this too because "Its Cool to bash on GS!" And is a great band wagon to jump on... yet i have come to realize since being a Cager that that wagon is a lot smaller then it seems.

[quote name='Rollett']We dont hide it in back, Against store rules.... Next cocky ass hole response please ? And Just a FYI the company considers employee's customers too... so if there is something we want to buy we have full rights to buy it...

Besides the people who work at the stores put up with enough crap... Numbers,Poor wages.... Customers like you im sure.... ect ect ect... I think the company is good for at least allowing us a little perk.
And i know you will make some snappy come back to this too because "Its Cool to bash on GS!" And is a great band wagon to jump on... yet i have come to realize since being a Cager that that wagon is a lot smaller then it seems.[/quote]

Against store rules huh? I called 2 Gamestops and both employees said they could not buy something while working, BUT they could set it aside from the READ: CUSTOMER. So either the rules do not exist, or they are willing to admit breaking the rules to anyone who calls in. Have you seen the horror stories? Mabye you haven't but it has happened to me twice. That is what has skewed my look at GS somewhat. I'd tell the story but you would throw that in as a "cocky asshole response" i'm sure

Obviously they treat you as customers by they way you have to pat each others jackets down between shifts. But do walk in customers get to walk in and use employee discounts? I know as a customer trying to get all the perks when buying something I never got offered said discount. You must be a super special customer. Anyways I don't really want to argue the semantics of words as that was never really my point anyways.

Hehe... its what i love about working at gamestop 90% of the stuff like this never makes it to the shelf in my store.. Employee's buy it up and add it to our collections lol :)

I never decided to bash on GS because it's the "cool" thing to do. I did it mostly because you decided to come in here and brag and rub it in peoples faces that you get games people trade in before they hit the shelves when they would be willing to pay full price. Not to mention their trade in values are horrid, they have a very low standard for used games, and they have a large employee base of E-peen waving usualy not very knowledgable people. I'm not saying thats you, but that has been my experience thus far and I am sure many others could testify.

Anyways I'm done here. Iv'e wasted more than enough time on this thread already. You have already decided that I am an asshole, and I have already deduced you are as well by the first post you made in this thread. So good day sir and good luck with your profession.

In all honesty, on a site like this, coming into a thread about a hard to find item and bragging about how you snatch the stuff up before the customer even has a chance...well...that's going to open you up to some bashing.

[quote name='underliness']Oh sorry I meant consumers that come in and buy games full price, not employees that hide it in back as it comes in and buy at discount or save it for another employee. I'll try to be more specific next time. Keep bragging though, i'm sure all the people that are trying hard to find these games are happy to know they never even hit the shelves because of people like you.[/quote]

you are an idiot. i've never worked retail so i don't believe i'm speaking from a biased point of view. but if you were in the same situation, wouldn't you do the same thing? so employees have two benefits: lower prices and first accessibility to games that come into the store. somebody comes in with a rare game. what's the rational thing to do? i highly doubt any CAGers would think to themselves "i love my fellow gamer" and proceed to put the game on the store shelf.

My beef is actualy the fact he is saying that i dont have the rights to be a customer.. And if something comes in i want, i dont have the right to buy it on the spot.

Now let me add to this, NEVER would i buy something to resell.. Only for my own personal collection... Never would i buy it or hold it for some one else.. if they want it they deal with it.

bread's done
Back