Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne $44.99 at Play-Asia

[quote name='allen9917']I have this game in my amazon cart and still debating whether I should be in. I don't even have a PS2 or PS3! but I love PRGs and from all I have read I'm pretty sure I'm going to love this game. Can anyone tell me whether this game can justify buying a 80GB PS3?[/quote]
YES! This game is one of the most sought after games in the history of PS2, and it didn't get this status for no reason.

Go get the upcoming $500 MGS4 PS3 bundle. For a little more than the $400 40GB without backward compatibility, you get a bigger HDD, the BC and a Dual Shock 3 instead of a SixAxis. The MGS4 game itself is already $60.

I saw a stack of this game over half a foot high at Gamestop the other day. All in the "used" section, but perfectly pristine. I think I heard once that GS gets new copies, then opens them and sells them as used? Something about the prices in the system, like they can sell the used one for more, or the new one isn't in the system, or something like that. So, check your local GS, you can probably get a copy that is basically new.

Yes, for some weird reason Gamestop is opening these games and selling them as used, but not at a higher price ($39.99). Perhaps they get some sort of tax benefit by selling as used? I have no idea why they do it, but it worked out well for me at the b2g1 sale a short while back since they are also selling the Digital Devil Saga reprint the same way (new copy, opened and sold as used) for the same price. The disc, manual and case of both Nocturne and DDS were clearly untouched. Alas, I've not had time to really play much of Nocturne or DDS yet. I did play about an hour of Nocturne and so far it's good, but obviously not enough to really get an impression of the game. I like the feel of it so far, though.

bread's done
Back