Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne NEW $42.99 eBay auction

I took the plunge and got one.... I probably won't play it anytime soon... but I doubt it will get reprinted... again...

But even if it does it will probably be hard to find a new copy at this price again

A multiple-quantity auction for roughly the same price from another seller: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-SHIN-MEGAMI-TENSEI-NOCTURNE-FR-SONY-PS2-PLAYSTATION_W0QQitemZ390059517497QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_PC_Video_Games_Games?hash=item5ad15be639&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1234|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

It looks appealing considering what people are asking for copies on half.com and Amazon, but a quick glance at completed ebay auctions from the past 30 days shows that both used and sealed copies are selling in the ~$50 range, give or take $10, so the market for Nocturne looks pretty stable. I guess it's a good deal if you just want a sealed copy to sit on, but if you've been wanting a copy to play, it looks like you'll probably be able to score a copy for about that much in the near future.

Personally, I'd bite, but I have an SMT backlog as it is. Still haven't started Digital Devil Saga or Devil Summoner 2, and Devil Survivor is out in a week or so.

This has been reprinted as well as DDS2, Fatal Frame 1, 2, 3. It is foolish to think that Atlus won't reprint when they know they can make money off it. We're not talking EA here with money coming out of their ass, if they can make $20 per by reprinting a game you better damn well believe that they are going to reprint that game. I own the 1st print as well as a copy of a later printing and the cardstock used for the 1st printing was 3x as heavy as the thin paper on later printings. I'm just thankful that there is some differentiation b/w the different printings of the game as I'm not sure there is with others.

[quote name='phogoodness']This is available new for $30 plus shipping at Game Quest Direct. Look at my new thread.[/QUOTE]

Hah that makes the 42+shipping I just spent not a deal. I'm not doing it for a resale or anything so I don't feel too bad - I'm just hoping I get a chance to play it someday since people always seem to rave about it.

Also keep in mind if the seller does not list the game as coming with the soundtrack, it is the reprint (as far as I know)... So, it may be sort of worthless for anyone that is a collector

I bought dds2 yesterday new for $45 :p or was it $49? IDK I forgot but I believe it was the same company.
I missed out on this though. Although I purchased a used copy for $45 when new copies are about the same price. :mad:

No clue if the seller would honor it; it's probably
signature_Sign.jpg
:)

bread's done
Back