Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne Reprint: Confirmed

Weird. The ebay auction says this is a brand new factory sealed ps2 game, but right under that it says this is the game only. Hmmm... Is it worth it at this price?

[quote name='chewster777']Weird. The ebay auction says this is a brand new factory sealed ps2 game, but right under that it says this is the game only. Hmmm... Is it worth it at this price?[/quote]

It's probably a reprint without the bonus soundtrack. The prices may drop if it is indeed a reprint.

[quote name='RSGames']It's probably a reprint without the bonus soundtrack. The prices may drop if it is indeed a reprint.[/quote]
Oh yeah, I never thought about that. :) I'm gonna wait and see if there's been a reprint.

[quote name='refusedchaos']well sum1 bought them all[/quote]

I'm sure if they had 10 available on eBay and still some on Amazon there will be more.:)

[quote name='djkunai']Sounds fishy.[/QUOTE]

It does sound weird... how it's factory sealed but game only? I understand it could be the version without soundtrack but still, that sounds weird. The seller does have great feedback though so... I don't see much risk.

I'm really interested. I've wanted this game for a while but not at $100+ for a good copy. Maybe you guys can tell me, but are reprints typically any different as far as the outside of the packaging goes? Is there anything that a collector would see that would say "AHA, that's a reprint". Just curious because I'm totally against Greatest Hits and the like (yes I realize it's a snobbish OCD thing), but reprints seem to be fine if they're not in any way different. Please let me know :)

[quote name='goomba478']I'm really interested. I've wanted this game for a while but not at $100+ for a good copy. Maybe you guys can tell me, but are reprints typically any different as far as the outside of the packaging goes? Is there anything that a collector would see that would say "AHA, that's a reprint". Just curious because I'm totally against Greatest Hits and the like (yes I realize it's a snobbish OCD thing), but reprints seem to be fine if they're not in any way different. Please let me know :)[/QUOTE]

usually teh same but this reprint wont have the LE soundtrack

well none of the second shipment have the soundtrack either. Also there wont be the with seal sticker on top.

[quote name='62t']well none of the second shipment have the soundtrack either. Also there wont be the with seal sticker on top.[/QUOTE]

yea i know. so its basically a reprint of the second shipment

This makes me wonder if i should hold on to me copy of dds now. I traded a copy of persona 3 for probably about 5 or so months back. it was pretty fun.. but i've just been keeping it waiting for the right trade. something hard to get or rare.

but... if they are gonna reprint nocturne maybe dds is next and it won't serve me much as trade fodder. maybe i should try to sell or trade now.

I would sell your DDS now if I was you, I have sold a few copies in the last 3 weeks on ebay and it's still getting crazy nice prices =)

T

Sounds like there was or will definitely be a reprint. That Ebay seller has 10 more up. Plus, he says his copies are for the game without the soundtrack.

I can think of one reason there may have been a reprint. Maybe it's because of that one character is in this game?
Dante from Devil May Cry.
Maybe Devil May Cry 4 has increased the demand for this.

I purchased one of the copies the seller had on Amazon (didn't know until reading this post that the seller posted more) and the description, when I purchased it, did not mention anything regarding the lack of a soundtrack.

I sent an email to the seller to clarify if the copy I bought does contain the soundtrack considering it wasn't in the item description, but now it is.

Now, what to do with the very good condition used copy I bought from GS a month back that also lacks the soundtrack (the plastic clip for the case to hold the soundtrack is there, but looks like the person who traded in a while back never traded the game with the soundtrack).

I really want the soundtrack. I know I'll listen to it once and that's it, but its for completeness sake.

Soundtrack is only okay. Weird devil symbolism all over. As much as I love having multiple completes on this game, I do want to see others play. Persona 3 has been stealing a lot of shine lately and it is a great title, Demi-fiend conquers all. And you get a Dante cameo.

Confirmed reprint?

Well, okay, now I don't feel so bad if I don't ever get a copy with the Soundtrack. I just read a review of the soundtrack on rpgfan that came with the LE version (I didn't know it was a combination of the two soundtrack releases in Japan).

So, if I really want the soundtrack, I'll just pick up the two releases that were released in Japan (that way, I'll have all the songs).

But, its nice to know that I'll have a nice, brand new, minty condition Nocturne soon.

bread's done
Back