Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne used at my local Gamestop

Wolf_of_Mibu

CAG Veteran
So a few months ago, my friend(x_liquidaria_x) and I were at our local Gamestop when we saw a used copy of Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne going for $60. Naturally, we left it alone since it had no cover. Today, we were at the same store and we spot Nocturne, this time with a cover, for a mere $39.99! Of course I pick it up with the Edge card and walk away a happy customer :D

yeah they're at various game stops now for that price $39.99 they're used but actually they were new and unwrapped. Saw one at my gamestop too. Also picked up a Digital Devil Saga 1 for $39.99 at gamestop "used"

[quote name='Wolf_of_Mibu']I dunno about them being new, since mine has a scratch or two on it.[/QUOTE]

That sucks for you.. they were reprinted recently. They're worth pretty much nothing what they used to be. You can get new copies from Amazon for $40 (they're in and out of stock now and then). Guess you missed the news.

You can return it if you want, you have 7 days for used stuff.

Uh, do the newly reprinted ones have a booklet that says "Limited Edition Director's Cut" on it? Would that even save its value a little? lol

[quote name='Wolf_of_Mibu']Uh, do the newly reprinted ones have a booklet that says "Limited Edition Director's Cut" on it? Would that even save its value a little? lol[/QUOTE]

I think they all say that... not 100% sure but I'm pretty sure they all do.

[quote name='Vinny']I think they all say that... not 100% sure but I'm pretty sure they all do.[/quote]
I bought the reprint and my manual also says "limited edition director's cut". I also noticed that the cover insert was printed on real flimsy paper. I guess I can't blame them for more profit.

[quote name='Wolf_of_Mibu']Uh, do the newly reprinted ones have a booklet that says "Limited Edition Director's Cut" on it? Would that even save its value a little? lol[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Tips to figure out if you have a original pressing.

1. Must have a memory card slot.
2. second disc holder for the limited edition soundtrack.
3. The backcover of the game must say Includes Limited Edition Soundtrack CD. (The reprint doesn't have it)

Whatever. It's a great game worth having regardless of value. If more people get a chance to play it now, I'm all for it.

[quote name='Sinnbox']do all the reprints say FES? or was there a reprint before FES?[/QUOTE]

FES has nothing to do with Nocturne.

And FES isn't a really a reprint. FES is Persona 3 + the Festivals expansion pack.

[quote name='dan13l858']Yes.

Tips to figure out if you have a original pressing.

1. Must have a memory card slot.
2. second disc holder for the limited edition soundtrack.
3. The backcover of the game must say Includes Limited Edition Soundtrack CD. (The reprint doesn't have it)[/quote]

I'm curious to see if the OP checked for all of this. The third thing you mentioned is the sure fire way to know, however, since someone could swap out the case for a newer style one.

[quote name='Rozz']I'm curious to see if the OP checked for all of this. The third thing you mentioned is the sure fire way to know, however, since someone could swap out the case for a newer style one.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing it was a reprint because he said that when he originally saw it, it had no cover but when he went back, there was a cover and a lower price.

bread's done
Back