Shin Megami Tensei: Persona (PSP) w/2 disc OST 36.99 on Amazon

I'm not really sure that this counts as a "deal", as that would mean that technically anything on Amazon is a deal with ECA and Gold Box. True to an extent, but we don't need a thread about every single item.

That being said, I've been waiting for this one to show up in my Gold Box with no luck whatsoever so far . . . :cry:

[quote name='Ski Hawk']Link

Good deal combined with ECA and Goldbox. I'm definitely getting it. Don't forget you also get two bonus OSTs with the game.[/QUOTE]

what are the 2 bonus items i only see 1

Pre-order Shin Megami Tensei: Persona for PSP and get the full 2-disc soundtrack featuring the music of master composer Shoji Meguro in a premium box as a bonus with the game. Limited quantities available. Must be sold and shipped by Amazon.com. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to discontinue this promotion at any time.

35.14 in my gold box... today for about the 12th time... really did not like it on the ps1 so probally pass

be around 31.50 after discount.. i think it fall to 29.99 within 2 months of release so no reason to jump on it

[quote name='arcane93']I'm not really sure that this counts as a "deal", as that would mean that technically anything on Amazon is a deal with ECA and Gold Box. True to an extent, but we don't need a thread about every single item.

That being said, I've been waiting for this one to show up in my Gold Box with no luck whatsoever so far . . . :cry:[/QUOTE]

/me agrees

3bucks off (without ECA) not a deal IMO.

Is the soundtrack exclusive to Amazon? Because I remember Persona 4 came with 2 CDs of the soundtrack. Every where else only got one.

[quote name='eddie291']Is the soundtrack exclusive to Amazon? Because I remember Persona 4 came with 2 CDs of the soundtrack. Every where else only got one.[/QUOTE]

It is not exclusive. All retail packs have them.

[quote name='eddie291']Is the soundtrack exclusive to Amazon? Because I remember Persona 4 came with 2 CDs of the soundtrack. Every where else only got one.[/QUOTE]

I was under the impression the Side B soundtrack was exclusive to that $30 social link expansion kit Amazon was selling.

[quote name='Byakurai']I was under the impression the Side B soundtrack was exclusive to that $30 social link expansion kit Amazon was selling.[/QUOTE]

The side b soundtrack was the social link expansion kit only.

Haha, damn I gotta stop clicking on this thread. I've had the game preordered for months and I'm really looking forwards to it, but everytime I see the thread title it's like "OMG Persona with a soundtrack? What's this? *clicks* Oh yeah."

[quote name='rainking187']Haha, damn I gotta stop clicking on this thread. I've had the game preordered for months and I'm really looking forwards to it, but everytime I see the thread title it's like "OMG Persona with a soundtrack? What's this? *clicks* Oh yeah."[/QUOTE]

It's worse for me, somehow I keep missing the "w/" in the title and think Persona 2's been reprinted again :lol:

I've still never registered for ECA, but at least I got Persona PSP to show up in my Gold Box, which meant I only had to pay $35.14 or something like that. Not bad, really. I've still never paid the full $40 for a PSP game, but this was as close as I've come.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='arcane93']I'm not really sure that this counts as a "deal", as that would mean that technically anything on Amazon is a deal with ECA and Gold Box. True to an extent, but we don't need a thread about every single item.

That being said, I've been waiting for this one to show up in my Gold Box with no luck whatsoever so far . . . :cry:
iy.gif
[/QUOTE]
Its a deal, but not worth mentioning because Amazon has thousands of items in similar category and just one post is sufficient to point that out.

Thanks, OP. It's still $3 less than retail. It's not like ALL games on Amazon are at least $3 less than retail. There are still plenty of games that they sell at full retail.

I think I'm going to wait for this used or clearance, since I've heard that this one is nothing like P3 and P4 (no Social Links). Well, that, and I don't have a PSP, so no rush.

Damn . . . and, once again, still not in my Gold Box. I just keep getting a bunch of CDs, most of which I already own (some of which I purchased from Amazon -- WTF?). I've added it to my wish list and have it sitting in my cart. Is there some other key to manipulating a specific item into your Gold Box that I'm missing?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='arcane93']Damn . . . and, once again, still not in my Gold Box. I just keep getting a bunch of CDs, most of which I already own (some of which I purchased from Amazon -- WTF?). I've added it to my wish list and have it sitting in my cart. Is there some other key to manipulating a specific item into your Gold Box that I'm missing?[/QUOTE]Not sure if the cart blackballs it or not, but adding a game to your wishlist is one of the best ways to blackball an item from ever showing in your gold box. (Weird logic, yes?)

You'll notice that if you get an item onto your "Recommended For You" page, if you add it to your wishlist, it will disappear from that page. With that in mind, I always make sure to remove a game from my wishlist beforehand if I want it to show up in my Gold Box.

When you go to a product's page, there will be a "Frequently Brought Together" section with one or two items. Your best bet is to go to THOSE products and tick the "I own it" box and rate them five stars.

After that, the game you want should show on your "Recommended For You" page. If you need to, mark the items above it as "Not Interested" to move your desired item higher on the list.

If it's still not there, what I do is tick "I own it" on the item I want, and then I'll check my "Improve Your Recommendations" page. Once there, I make sure I haven't marked the item I want as "Don't use for recommendations" (common problem) or "This was a gift". I'll also make sure the item hasn't been rated. Once I make sure of those three things, I delete the item from that list; there will be a (Delete) link to the left.

If all else fails after that, I start with a clean slate and try again. That include removing all items marked as "Don't use for recommendations", "This was a gift", "Not interested", "I own it", and any items I have rated. All of these can be managed from that "Improve Your Recommendations" page. Luckily, so far I've only had to do this once.

Hope this helps a bit. ^ ^

Erm, wow. So I took all of those steps to manipulate the Gold Box and attempt to get Persona in it (even going and rating not only the games in the "Frequently Bought Together" section, but also many of the ones in the "Customers Also Bought" section, and getting it to the top of my "Recommended" list) and . . . Somehow my Gold Box has gone from being items that I didn't particularly want at the moment but were reasonably relevant (CDs by artists that I like, other games, etc.), to now suddenly being full of completely out-of-left-field items like . . . a "Wireless Sun/Moon Weather Station"? a "Cage Trap for Racoons"? the "Rat Zapper Ultra"? Seriously, Amazon, what the hell? I've never even looked at anything even vaguely like those on the site, let alone purchased it. :whistle2:s

Arcane, I have tried a number of times to "manipulate" my Gold Box. I don't know why, bur for me, it never works, and when I did, I got the same thing you got. Completely random stuff. I'm sure that this works for people, but it won't work for me. When I leave it alone, I end up getting stuff in there.

[quote name='chibamm']Arcane, I have tried a number of times to "manipulate" my Gold Box. I don't know why, bur for me, it never works, and when I did, I got the same thing you got. Completely random stuff. I'm sure that this works for people, but it won't work for me. When I leave it alone, I end up getting stuff in there.[/QUOTE]

It does seem like it can randomly "break". About a week or so ago up until two days ago, I'd managed to get literally a dozen games I wanted (stuff like Heavy Rain, The Last Guardian, Super Mario Galaxy 2...lots of far off in the distance stuff) in my Gold Box, but all of a sudden two days ago...nothing.

I've been trying to get A Witch's Tale in there for the past two days, but I really think Amazon changed the way the Gold Box works sometime this spring/summer.

Make sure you don't trim your "Recommended For You" list too short.

For me, when I narrow it down too far to JUST the games I want (4-5 normally), the Quick Picks tend to break. But when I leave more than enough for them to fill my Quick Picks with recommended items, with some left over, then things work perfectly fine.

I recently ran into a patch where they keep recommending me random books, but I fixed that by removing some games from my "Not interested" list, making my recommended for you list longer again.

I'd also recommend not going as far as messing with items that "Customers also purchased". I've never had to go beyond the 1-2 items Amazon recommends themselves.

bread's done
Back