*~Shini's List! Ebay auctions online! SMT:Devil Summoner/Psyvariar/LE OST's/Etc..~*

[quote name='guynextshore']Oh really?... I see - I wanted to get a copy - but I was hoping for some english context like subtitles. I prefer japanese voices any ways....

Haha update now! & no worries you can use my template ;).
if you'd let me borrow your ebay one - j/k.

money money![/quote]
Haha, well I've played the SNES and GBA version of TOP so I basically know what to do everywhere, except for a couple spots where I have to answer some questions or enter a password, then I need to look up a FAQ

I love the fact that they kept the PS1 intro and the voice acting is well done, just a bummer I don't understand much Japanese

The battle animation is also oh so fluid, but of course, doesn't match the intensity of TOD/TOD2 on the PS2/PS1

[quote name='Inf^Shini']^^ Japanese

There's gonna be an LE for the US release?[/quote]

oh you're right... LE was only for the JPN edition...ahhh - those SoB always gets the good stuff....

[quote name='guynextshore']oh you're right... LE was only for the JPN edition...ahhh - those SoB always gets the good stuff....[/QUOTE]

Yeah like Yakuza 2..... fuckers.....

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Haha, one thing i noticed is that no Evangelion game has ever come to the US...

bump[/quote]

haha... I know..
So many games that were only japan exclusive.... + their sweet limited edition goodies...

I swear - it's not fair...

[quote name='Inf^Shini']True that[/quote]

hehe yea...
oh - is there any other reliable/good import sites to buy games from?
Only one I know is playasia.com...

BUMP!

[quote name='guynextshore']hehe yea...
oh - is there any other reliable/good import sites to buy games from?
Only one I know is playasia.com...

BUMP![/QUOTE]

Same here all I know as well.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Same here all I know as well.[/quote]

You also have NCSX.com

Their prices are sometimes higher compared to play-asia, but for the most part they have decent prices and are very reliable. I ordered my disgaea LE from there ;O

The main highlight about them I guess is that they're here in the US!

[quote name='Inf^Shini']You also have NCSX.com

Their prices are sometimes higher compared to play-asia, but for the most part they have decent prices and are very reliable. I ordered my disgaea LE from there ;O

The main highlight about them I guess is that they're here in the US![/QUOTE]

Hmm, I have never heard of them before, but I am liking what I am seeing. Also the fact that they are in the US is a BIG plus for me. Thanks Inf :)

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Hmm, I have never heard of them before, but I am liking what I am seeing. Also the fact that they are in the US is a BIG plus for me. Thanks Inf :)[/quote]

No Problem :bouncy:

[quote name='Inf^Shini']You also have NCSX.com

The main highlight about them I guess is that they're here in the US![/quote]

Ooo...
reliable & here in the US?!! I shall try that out!!
So how's the shipping time? I've heard play asia takes A LONG TIME to ship stuff... It's been a while since I ordered from them - I think January for the deal on Wii component cables... anyhow, I don't remember a long shipment - however, I didn't remember a fast one either lol.

& so you did get the disgaea LE!! - what's the extra stuff??! I wanted that one - & I would have thought of trading for that - however, it's in japanese right? nothing english at all?!

I could handle that with a figher/puzzle game like dj max/Jump ultimate stars - since I dont' really think there's a story involve. but for a rpg.... comprehension is key.
unless I could be wrong?...

[quote name='guynextshore']Ooo...
reliable & here in the US?!! I shall try that out!!
So how's the shipping time? I've heard play asia takes A LONG TIME to ship stuff... It's been a while since I ordered from them - I think January for the deal on Wii component cables... anyhow, I don't remember a long shipment - however, I didn't remember a fast one either lol.

& so you did get the disgaea LE!! - what's the extra stuff??! I wanted that one - & I would have thought of trading for that - however, it's in japanese right? nothing english at all?!

I could handle that with a figher/puzzle game like dj max/Jump ultimate stars - since I dont' really think there's a story involve. but for a rpg.... comprehension is key.
unless I could be wrong?...[/quote]

No, your not wrong there.

If you don't know japanese, your doomed when playing one of their RPG's.

The only reason I got it was for the LE stuff, plus the box art is neat :p
The OST is a reprint of the first Disgaea OST which is pretty much impossible to find as it only came with the Disgaea LE for the PS2.

I posted a pic of it in this thread:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121699

[quote name='Inf^Shini']No, your not wrong there.

If you don't know japanese, your doomed when playing one of their RPG's.

The only reason I got it was for the LE stuff, plus the box art is neat :p
The OST is a reprint of the first Disgaea OST which is pretty much impossible to find as it only came with the Disgaea LE for the PS2.

I posted a pic of it in this thread:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121699[/quote]

Ahh... that sucks...
Man, why couldn't they at least just give an option of English text? I wouldn't mind the japanese voice - heck I would probably prefer it!!
Anyhow - I suppose then you're able to understand japanese?? - nice ;).

I suppose I can just wait for the lame disgaea us version w/o all the goodies...
I didn't know there was a LE for the PS2 (I suppose that was japan only as well?) haha.

oh btw. are there any improvements/new levels, characters and such? or just a port?
I'm debating between this, Jeanne of Arc, or FFT Lion wars.

[quote name='guynextshore']Ahh... that sucks...
Man, why couldn't they at least just give an option of English text? I wouldn't mind the japanese voice - heck I would probably prefer it!!
Anyhow - I suppose then you're able to understand japanese?? - nice ;).

I suppose I can just wait for the lame disgaea us version w/o all the goodies...
I didn't know there was a LE for the PS2 (I suppose that was japan only as well?) haha.

oh btw. are there any improvements/new levels, characters and such? or just a port?
I'm debating between this, Jeanne of Arc, or FFT Lion wars.[/quote]

Oh jeez, I'm hoping the US port of FFT Lion Wars is fixed. The Japanese version suffered some irritating lag during battles, i.e casting spells, using skills, and some cutscened slowed a bit.

IMO, Disgaea is the most in-depth and fun out of the three you listed, although I have not touched Jeanne of Arc really.

I enjoyed it WAY more than FFT (PS1).

The PSP version of Disgaea is the same game, but they did add a side story for Etna prior to "waking up" Laharl. There is also some other stuff, and there's another character in the main world that provides what I'm guessing a plethora of info.

What is neat though, is that the US Port is getting a multi-player option. There are different scenarios like capture the flag and it's going to be very interesting. I can't wait for it to come out, it's going to be my #1 game for a long time.

I laughed because before I had heard about Disgaea coming to the PSP, I had contemplated that same idea and though it would be awesome if it happened, and voila!

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Oh jeez, I'm hoping the US port of FFT Lion Wars is fixed. The Japanese version suffered some irritating lag during battles, i.e casting spells, using skills, and some cutscened slowed a bit.

IMO, Disgaea is the most in-depth and fun out of the three you listed, although I have not touched Jeanne of Arc really.

I enjoyed it WAY more than FFT (PS1).

The PSP version of Disgaea is the same game, but they did add a side story for Etna prior to "waking up" Laharl. There is also some other stuff, and there's another character in the main world that provides what I'm guessing a plethora of info.

What is neat though, is that the US Port is getting a multi-player option. There are different scenarios like capture the flag and it's going to be very interesting. I can't wait for it to come out, it's going to be my #1 game for a long time.

I laughed because before I had heard about Disgaea coming to the PSP, I had contemplated that same idea and though it would be awesome if it happened, and voila![/quote]

So the jap version of FFT has some bugs on it?>...ehh - they better fix that or I'm seriously steering away from SE games... Sad really - where's my chronotrigger killer game??? & those SOB turning Parasite Eve into a phone game?? WTF?!!

anyhow.. i think it may either be Jeanne D'ark or Disgaea....from the way your telling me that Disgaea has some multiplayer action.... I may just revisit a familiar game.
Now that I think about it - I can't think of any SRPG that's mulitplayer.....

[quote name='guynextshore']So the jap version of FFT has some bugs on it?>...ehh - they better fix that or I'm seriously steering away from SE games... Sad really - where's my chronotrigger killer game??? & those SOB turning Parasite Evil into a phone game?? WTF?!!

anyhow.. i think it may either be Jeanne D'ark or Disgaea....from the way your telling me that Disgaea has some multiplayer action.... I may just revisit a familiar game.
Now that I think about it - I can't think of any SRPG that's mulitplayer.....[/QUOTE]

Parasite Eve... R.I.P my friend.... :whistle2:#

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Parasite Eve... R.I.P my friend.... :whistle2:#[/quote]

seriously...
they could have at least made it for the PSP....mobile?..come on!

[quote name='guynextshore']seriously...
they could have at least made it for the PSP....mobile?..come on![/QUOTE]

Yeah if you have to make it on something other then a console put it on the Psp. As it has the power at least to make it better then a fucking cell phone could. Ah well..

Bump Inf :bouncy:

Thnx silent.

How is Jeanne D'Arc? I've actually heard very little about it.

I've never played Parasite Eve >.>''

I'm a big ole fan of Disgaea, I've blown an easy 300+ hours on it about a year ago.
I still haven't finished Disgaea 2, but it's been fun so far! IMO, it's not as great as the first one story-wise, but sequels that follow up games like Disgaea always have a high pedestal to live up to.
The combat and everything else though was an improvement though, and I loved the additions.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Thnx silent.

How is Jeanne D'Arc? I've actually heard very little about it.

I've never played Parasite Eve >.>''

I'm a big ole fan of Disgaea, I've blown an easy 300+ hours on it about a year ago.
I still haven't finished Disgaea 2, but it's been fun so far! IMO, it's not as great as the first one story-wise, but sequels that follow up games like Disgaea always have a high pedestal to live up to.
The combat and everything else though was an improvement though, and I loved the additions.[/quote]

Well I dont' know 'how' it is - I'm just read up on it on various sites - ign, gamefaqs and such & the graphics/artwork is pretty nice. It looks like similiar game play to Disgaea actually. The only reason I'm debating on this and disgaea is because - i already played/owned disgaea for the PS2. eventhough it was quite fun - I just don't see myself spending $40 for a game I already played... but if it had added features (like that mulitplayer option) & if LE would come out state side I would have bit.

Hmm I have or shall I say had disgaea 2... I suppose I have too much of a backlog in games to play that. Plus, the fact I really want to play Odin Sphere much more..lol. what additions were made for Disgaea 2?

[quote name='guynextshore']Well I dont' know 'how' it is - I'm just read up on it on various sites - ign, gamefaqs and such & the graphics/artwork is pretty nice. It looks like similiar game play to Disgaea actually. The only reason I'm debating on this and disgaea is because - i already played/owned disgaea for the PS2. eventhough it was quite fun - I just don't see myself spending $40 for a game I already played... but if it had added features (like that mulitplayer option) & if LE would come out state side I would have bit.

Hmm I have or shall I say had disgaea 2... I suppose I have too much of a backlog in games to play that. Plus, the fact I really want to play Odin Sphere much more..lol. what additions were made for Disgaea 2?[/QUOTE]

I love the smell of backlog though don't you? It's actually an awesome thing as long as it's not over done. I mean knowing you have a nice list of great games to play.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']I love the smell of backlog though don't you? It's actually an awesome thing as long as it's not over done. I mean knowing you have a nice list of great games to play.[/quote]

Thus this great idea of VG Trading and selling :D

I have a pretty bad ass collection, although it's kinda small compared to others.

I'm a sucker for nippon ichi LE's

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Thus this great idea of VG Trading and selling :D

I have a pretty bad ass collection, although it's kinda small compared to others.

I'm a sucker for nippon ichi LE's[/quote]

I love the smell of back log... it just stinks when it's TOO much hahaha!

OoO - I want to see shini's bad ass collection! Post PICS BRO!!!

oh if you know anymore LE comming out - share the wealth ;).
Btw. were you able to get in touch with foundation?!

[quote name='guynextshore']I love the smell of back log... it just stinks when it's TOO much hahaha!

OoO - I want to see shini's bad ass collection! Post PICS BRO!!!

oh if you know anymore LE comming out - share the wealth ;).
Btw. were you able to get in touch with foundation?![/quote]

Haha, I was looking at it and was thinking about taking a pic.

I have one when I was just starting and then I can take one now for a before/after comparison :p

He finally replied, after I PM'd him the same list but w/ offers haha.
So I replied back and then sent another PM after scoping out his PSX collection, and I have yet to hear from him.
He did say he had a ton of PM's to sort through, I'm just hoping he states the stuff I called dibs on are no longer available otherwise other people might "outbid" me and make me spend more than I want to.

All I know is, if he starts kicking up the prices, I'm out.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Haha, I was looking at it and was thinking about taking a pic.

I have one when I was just starting and then I can take one now for a before/after comparison :p

He finally replied, after I PM'd him the same list but w/ offers haha.
So I replied back and then sent another PM after scoping out his PSX collection, and I have yet to hear from him.
He did say he had a ton of PM's to sort through, I'm just hoping he states the stuff I called dibs on are no longer available otherwise other people might "outbid" me and make me spend more than I want to.

All I know is, if he starts kicking up the prices, I'm out.[/quote]

Ooo I shall wait for those pics then!! hehe - I'll post my collection as well as soon as i get the games pending in delivered LOL. it's quite small compared to my other collection - however I did emphasize of QUALITY games over Quantity.

Anyhow. Glad you were able to get in touched with Foundation - I actually was able to call first dibs on a couple psx games last night - thats what you get when you wait til 4 am HAHAHA.
anyhow - if the prices do jack up into...evil ebay era... that would suck. However, I dont' think he'll do that if so - I suppose he would have just taken it to ebay in the first place.

Well good luck to the both of us buddy!

[quote name='guynextshore']Ooo I shall wait for those pics then!! hehe - I'll post my collection as well as soon as i get the games pending in delivered LOL. it's quite small compared to my other collection - however I did emphasize of QUALITY games over Quantity.

Anyhow. Glad you were able to get in touched with Foundation - I actually was able to call first dibs on a couple psx games last night - thats what you get when you wait til 4 am HAHAHA.
anyhow - if the prices do jack up into...evil ebay era... that would suck. However, I dont' think he'll do that if so - I suppose he would have just taken it to ebay in the first place.

Well good luck to the both of us buddy![/quote]

Word 8)

So, if you did call dibs, he wouldn't have listed them on his thread then right?

If so, I believe I'm safe :)

Right now, I'm pretty sure we've finalized prices on some items, I'm just hoping other people weren't too desperate and gave him grandiose offers. That's the only thing I worry about that would make him jack up prices.

As for the collection, I also did a quality over quantity collection :), b/c the games I collect I actually WANT to play some day :p

What's funny is I've built up a fair GC collection, but I sold off my GC awhile ago and just keep collecting for the day I get a Wii (Probably in like a year or so). I bought a Wii off here for $250 shipped and I was estactic since it was an awesome price and it had a couple VC games already I liked.

Thinking about it right now, I should have kept it just because I bought it at such an awesome price, but I was in the hole and had nothing else I could make some money off of :/

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']fuck that quality shit bigger is better just ask my g/f. She loves to go down on that big thick........

Dictionary
[/quote]

:lol: :rofl:
I used to think that way bro actually - remember I did used to own every single us rpg ps2 game ;) haha....
however..

according to my GF..
thesaurus > dictionary ;)

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Word 8)

So, if you did call dibs, he wouldn't have listed them on his thread then right?

If so, I believe I'm safe :)

Right now, I'm pretty sure we've finalized prices on some items, I'm just hoping other people weren't too desperate and gave him grandiose offers. That's the only thing I worry about that would make him jack up prices.

As for the collection, I also did a quality over quantity collection :), b/c the games I collect I actually WANT to play some day :p

What's funny is I've built up a fair GC collection, but I sold off my GC awhile ago and just keep collecting for the day I get a Wii (Probably in like a year or so). I bought a Wii off here for $250 shipped and I was estactic since it was an awesome price and it had a couple VC games already I liked.

Thinking about it right now, I should have kept it just because I bought it at such an awesome price, but I was in the hole and had nothing else I could make some money off of :/[/quote]

Well,
He had to list them on his thread - so i would know what games I'm interested in ;)... no listing... don't know what games I'd be interested in. No worries - if things go as planned you'll see my name with red crossed out bars haha.

Well if people are THAT desperate.... I suppose I don't have any intention of beating an over priced value - it's all good to me. Better luck next time you know?!

WOW nice snag on that Wii! - got mine during launch so that's with tax & of course I was suckered into paying an extra $50 for warranty... fucking bestbuy!!! So wait.. you sold it??!! =O!! why?!!

Haha Silent- well i'm definately liking Quality over Quantity... so does my wallet ;).

[quote name='guynextshore']:lol: :rofl:
I used to think that way bro actually - remember I did used to own every single us rpg ps2 game ;) haha....
however..

according to my GF..

Well,
He had to list them on his thread - so i would know what games I'm interested in ;)... no listing... don't know what games I'd be interested in. No worries - if things go as planned you'll see my name with red crossed out bars haha.

Well if people are THAT desperate.... I suppose I don't have any intention of beating an over priced value - it's all good to me. Better luck next time you know?!

WOW nice snag on that Wii! - got mine during launch so that's with tax & of course I was suckered into paying an extra $50 for warranty... fucking bestbuy!!! So wait.. you sold it??!! =O!! why?!!

Haha Silent- well i'm definately liking Quality over Quantity... so does my wallet ;).[/quote]
Did one of the games you ask for happen to be Tales Of Destiny? If not, yay me.

I had to sell the Wii b/c I was in debt and selling it was my only way out :/

I wasn't too impressed with it anyways, and I was annoyed with the controller plus you had to put in AA batteries o_O
I was mainly going to use it for Gamecube games anyways, but maybe a Wii game here or there

[quote name='guynextshore']:lol: :rofl:
however..

according to my GF..

Haha Silent- well i'm definately liking Quality over Quantity... so does my wallet ;).[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

That was pretty good man and I had a feeling you were going to do something like that. ;) Yeah I know man you pwned with RPGS, I wont own them all but I will have most of them. I actually do plan on playing all my games eventually, except for the SMT games of course. Also I can play Nocturne since I can play my bros and still have a sealed LE version with OSt!1!. ;) Btw your g/f hasn't had a dictionary yet so how does she know a thesaurus is better?¿? Oh ya I went there.... :lol:

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Did one of the games you ask for happen to be Tales Of Destiny? If not, yay me.

I had to sell the Wii b/c I was in debt and selling it was my only way out :/

I wasn't too impressed with it anyways, and I was annoyed with the controller plus you had to put in AA batteries o_O
I was mainly going to use it for Gamecube games anyways, but maybe a Wii game here or there[/quote]

lol no it wasn't ToD - so you're safe ;).
i had dibs on xenogears & Valkyrie profile.

as for selling the wii - ahh I understand bro. I had to do the same with my collection.
& yea that irritates the crap out of me- constantly changing batteries - plus there isn't any indicater to tell you if you're running low. so basically you're screwed if it dies during a boss fight....no auto pausing? wtf nintendo?!!
Likewise - i've been spending most of my gaming on NGC rather than any wii games. But I suppose that will change once I get Zelda in. But then again I think the only other game I'd want is Super Smash Brothers Brawl....& that's comming out WAYY in the future. I was dissappointed with the reviews regarding mario party that I don't even bother. I'll just rent it (whenever it becomes available) or get it at steal price like MP7...lol.

bread's done
Back