Shinobi -Heart Under Blade(Special Edition)at amazon for 10.95+s&h got my copy today

[quote name='rodeojones903']I snagged one. Nice price with Amazon prime.[/QUOTE]

I'd definitely suggest Japanese import it as I think it will have Lossless which the HD DVD lacks. I still need to import Volcano High. sighes.

[quote name='Sarang01']I'd definitely suggest Japanese import it as I think it will have Lossless which the HD DVD lacks. I still need to import Volcano High. sighes.[/QUOTE]

But will it be $11? Nope.

[quote name='rodeojones903']But will it be $11? Nope.[/QUOTE]

It won't but it will still most likely be cheaper then the HD DVD over there which is like $40.

[quote name='trunks982']any other cheap asian bluray movies?[/QUOTE]

No, there are only so many (Curse of the Golden Flower, Dragon Wars, House of Flying Daggers, Oldboy, Paprika, Warriors of Heaven and Earth) but Artie Lange's Beer League is only $7.95. I wonder why The Myth didn't come out on blu-ray...its Sony for crying out loud!!

[quote name='freshzen']No, there are only so many (Curse of the Golden Flower, Dragon Wars, House of Flying Daggers, Oldboy, Paprika, Warriors of Heaven and Earth) but Artie Lange's Beer League is only $7.95. I wonder why The Myth didn't come out on blu-ray...its Sony for crying out loud!![/quote]

Because the Myth is an absolute horrible movie.

Example: Instead of using pronouns when talking to or referring to Jackie Chan's character, they would just use his name, Jack. I think my friend and I counted like 10 times in one 5 minute conversation that involved just Jackie Chan and one other character, and he kept using Jack, Jack, Jack. Don't know why he couldn't use "you." Gets very annoying. Not to mention the fact that Jackie speaks like 5 different languages in the movie, none of them fluently except Chinese. Sorry for the rant, but both my friend and I agreed that the Myth was by far the worst movie we saw while in China (1 year stay), and we saw some bad movies.

Yeah its not great but I didn't think it was horrible, I have the DVD. You're right about the use of the name Jack, probably 2 or 3 dozen times somebody shouts "Jack!" but I like majority of the fighting choreography, and it had an ok story.

I forgot about Appleseed earlier too...

I rented this and enjoyed it a lot (reminded me of Naruto-style ninja powers in real life). Not that it was perfect, but definitely worth $11 for the Blu-ray!

Thanks for the heads up!

This is a live action adaptation of the anime Basilisk, which in turn was an adaptation of the japanese novel Kouga Ninpouchou. Saw this movie some time last year after I'd seen the anime, but I didn't really get into it... I think maybe I'm not a fan of japanese live cinema. The story itself that its based on though is good. Like a japanese version of Romeo and Juliet. I would recommend watching the anime which is also Funimation lol.

Though $11 + shipping is a really good price...

I had Narnia in my Goldbox for $19 and needed something to add for free ship. Luckily I found this thread. The trailer looked like a version of what "Forbidden Kingdom" should have been.

If this has a lossless track on it then it's an A+ deal.

Hmmm... I'm tempted to jump on the great price, but I can't persuade myself to buy it in case I can use GCO to get it on buy.com for 99 cents plus tax and shipping on release day :lol:

[quote name='shadowrage']I had Narnia in my Goldbox for $19 and needed something to add for free ship. Luckily I found this thread. The trailer looked like a version of what "Forbidden Kingdom" should have been.

If this has a lossless track on it then it's an A+ deal.[/QUOTE]

i wish i could get naria for 19

from dvdempire

Product Information
Features:

Shinobi Action - Sumpu Castle Fight
Director Storyboard Collection
Original TV Spots and Trailer
Shinobi Art - Majidani
VFW Behind the Scenes
Weapons Introduction
Storyboard Collection

Video:

Widescreen 1.85:1 Color
Screen Resolution:

1080p
Audio:

ENGLISH: Dolby TrueHD 5.1
JAPANESE: Dolby TrueHD 6.1

Subtitles:
English

So for $11 you get a good amount of extras to go with a pretty good movie. And a Jp 6.1 TrueHD track. Hell sometimes you don't get a lossless track paying $24 for an A-list title. If you were on the fence before, well pick this one up. At this price you can't lose.

[quote name='imascrub']This is a live action adaptation of the anime Basilisk, which in turn was an adaptation of the japanese novel Kouga Ninpouchou. Saw this movie some time last year after I'd seen the anime, but I didn't really get into it... I think maybe I'm not a fan of japanese live cinema. The story itself that its based on though is good. Like a japanese version of Romeo and Juliet. I would recommend watching the anime which is also Funimation lol.

Though $11 + shipping is a really good price...[/QUOTE]

Same, I got a chance to watch it with a friend and pretty much fell asleep, I highly recommend the Basilisk anime though.

This got a "BUY" Recommendation from Film Threat's Chris Gore (on AOTS DVDuesday, G4TV)
He said the special effects are quite good.

[quote name='aea414']This got a "BUY" Recommendation from Film Threat's Chris Gore (on AOTS DVDuesday, G4TV)
He said the special effects are quite good.[/QUOTE]

i'm an hr in the movie and sofar its a great movie

[quote name='starmask2k3']i'm an hr in the movie and sofar its a great movie[/QUOTE]

Does it really have a 6.1 TrueHD track? That is an awesome value for $11.

Hows the PQ? what titles does it match up against picture-wise?
You can wait until it ends to reply.

Amazon shipped min yesterday with Narnia. $30 for both wasn't bad. I'll be looking for mine in the mail.

[quote name='shadowrage']Does it really have a 6.1 TrueHD track? That is an awesome value for $11.

Hows the PQ? what titles does it match up against picture-wise?
You can wait until it ends to reply.

Amazon shipped min yesterday with Narnia. $30 for both wasn't bad. I'll be looking for mine in the mail.[/QUOTE]

r u the one that got narnia for 19 if u did i wish i can get that one too

Says it won't ship before May 23-29th for me (ordered it a week ago)... damn...this movie on amazon.ca comes to 26 bucks.... .. whats 5 bucks of shipping for $10 movie eh? :p Bought The Fifth Element remastered at the sametime for like 14 bucks.

... Too bad it's 5 bucks per item to ship international... although it still comes out cheaper than buying from amazon.ca with free shipping..which I think is pretty lame.

[quote name='Delryk']Says it won't ship before May 23-29th for me (ordered it a week ago)... damn...this movie on amazon.ca comes to 26 bucks.... .. whats 5 bucks of shipping for $10 movie eh? :p Bought The Fifth Element remastered at the sametime for like 14 bucks.

... Too bad it's 5 bucks per item to ship international... although it still comes out cheaper than buying from amazon.ca with free shipping..which I think is pretty lame.[/QUOTE]

where u live

[quote name='Stryffe2004']The reviews are all over the place for this one. Still, for $11 I might have to bite.[/QUOTE]

Where are the BD reviews? I want to read some of them.

this moive is great i give it a 4.5 out of 5 or 9.5 out of 10

Wow. This movie totally impressed me. Totally worth the 11 bucks!... Glad this special was mentionned :)

Finally broke down and placed an order for it today. I had initially thought it was an old movie. Once I finally looked into it and saw the trailer it seems like something that would be worth at least the 11 bucks since I have Prime anyways.

Nice to hear some good things about the movie.

Thanks OP. Saw this a long time ago and been too lazy to bite. I guess earlier in the week it went back to $20 and when it went back to $11. I decided to get it. One for me and my friend.

I just ordered this; High-Def Digest gave it a good review and despite all the crap people are saying on the boards it sounds like a good deal for an $11 blu-ray. I have seen the anime before so it's not like I'll be totally lost.

nah even if you dont know much about the anime it's a good drama/action movie.

I think there's 1 shot (like 3-5secs) where it's pixelated the rest is pretty damn clean.

I'm a fan of asian movies wether it's drama/comedy/action. Are there any sites that have relatively cheap blu-ray? The ones I've found they're all over 30 bucks a piece.. thats just nuts!

[quote name='Delryk']nah even if you dont know much about the anime it's a good drama/action movie.

I think there's 1 shot (like 3-5secs) where it's pixelated the rest is pretty damn clean.

I'm a fan of asian movies wether it's drama/comedy/action. Are there any sites that have relatively cheap blu-ray? The ones I've found they're all over 30 bucks a piece.. thats just nuts![/QUOTE]

thankz Delryk i have not watch this yet in true hd but i watch it in SD and it was great in SD so i cant wait to watch in true 1080p

bread's done
Back