Shipping cost for Guitar Hero

natureboy46

CAGiversary!
For any of you who have shipped the game/guitar - how much did it cost? Did you just wrap it brown paper or go for a box within a box approach?

Sorry if this is the wrong place for the question. I wasn't really sure.

I shipped a GH2 guitar in the long box (no game) and it was $8.xx. I'm guessing with the game it will be about $9. I also just wrapped the long box in brown paper.

[quote name='Segasonic01']I shipped a GH2 guitar in the long box (no game) and it was $8.xx. I'm guessing with the game it will be about $9. I also just wrapped the long box in brown paper.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Just the info I was looking for.

Ya i wrapped it in brown paper. About 10 bucks Parcel Post. Could be more depending on how far away you are from the person.

[quote name='Ribbercage']Ya i wrapped it in brown paper. About 10 bucks Parcel Post. Could be more depending on how far away you are from the person.[/QUOTE]

NYC to Texas

get 2 of those 2/3 day boxes from the post office and tape them together. they allowed me to do it last year i think it was around 13 bucks with insurance and DC

do not go to UPS they want 10+ just for the box

I shipped GH w/ guitar, in a box about twice as big as the actual game and guitar box from IL to TX. The post office wanted $12 for parcel (not including tracking) whereas Fedex Ground was $9 w/ tracking and $100 insurance.

Fedex Ground is usually cheaper for larger/heavier items compared to the USPS. I've used them many times to ship computer cases, power supplies, etc. and it's usually a couple of bucks cheaper than USPS plus everything is automatically insured for $100.

[quote name='Vinny']I shipped GH w/ guitar, in a box about twice as big as the actual game and guitar box from IL to TX. The post office wanted $12 for parcel (not including tracking) whereas Fedex Ground was $9 w/ tracking and $100 insurance.

Fedex Ground is usually cheaper for larger/heavier items compared to the USPS. I've used them many times to ship computer cases, power supplies, etc. and it's usually a couple of bucks cheaper than USPS plus everything is automatically insured for $100.[/QUOTE]

I didn't think of FedEx but I'm not sure if there is one nearby. The post office is a ten minute walk so I'll prolly just go with them.

Thatd suck if you got jumped on the way to the post office with it.
Where do you live and when do you plan on shipping it???
Kiddinggg

For those interested:

I used two Priority Mail boxes (note you will have to pay priority shipping if you use these boxes) and taped them together in the middle. It was almost the perfect fit length wise. I also shoved a bunch of shopping bags along the top of both boxes just to limit any movement.

The shipping cost from NYC to TX was $13.10 for 2-3 day delivery via USPS. A little pricey but it is offset by the fact that the boxes from the PO are free.

Thanks to Slidecage for the tip about the boxes.

[quote name='natureboy46']For those interested:

I used two Priority Mail boxes (note you will have to pay priority shipping if you use these boxes) and taped them together in the middle. It was almost the perfect fit length wise. I also shoved a bunch of shopping bags along the top of both boxes just to limit any movement.

The shipping cost from NYC to TX was $13.10 for 2-3 day delivery via USPS. A little pricey but it is offset by the fact that the boxes from the PO are free.

Thanks to Slidecage for the tip about the boxes.[/quote]
Do you think maybe one could wrap the Priority Boxes in brown paper as well? :p

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Do you think maybe one could wrap the Priority Boxes in brown paper as well? :p[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't see why not. I guess you'd just have to make sure that the paper is thick enough to obscure the priority mail symbols and words - they seem to be really anal about that.

bread's done
Back