Shipping question.....

Yonex204

CAGiversary!
Hey guys, sorry if this is wrong place to post...but someguy is asking me how much would it be if i shipped NHL 08 360 to someone Brazil. He asked if i could do fedex because he wanted it ASAP and i have no clue how much it would be. Can someone help

chepeast option with fedex is fedex priority for $106CAD

EDIT: there is also a bunch of special customs forms you need when shipping to Brazil. Something about a recepient Tax ID and such.

Sounds kind of fishy to me. Paying such a premium price for shipping while the game it self isn't worth that much. He want's the game sent asap and may try to chargeback his credit card afterwards......so be careful.

How do you know it's a scam? The guy didn't know how much it would cost, that's why he asked.

As long as he doesn't say he will pay via western union, or ask you to ship first it should be good.

Brazil =/= Nigeria

Other than that, I'd be wary. It's just a game, so even if you got scammed it wouldn't be a total loss.

IMO too much hassle.

It just so happens that I know people that buy/sell video games in Brazil. Chances are, it's not a scam. Most of the stuff down there is obscenely expensive, and most people pirate their stuff... but the people who do pay for it have lots of money and paying approx. $150 CDN for a new release 360 game sounds about right. It has to do with crazy import taxes that practically double the price. The guy I know travels back & forth a lot so he takes them as "personal goods", but to ship them in doesn't work. Having said that, I remember him saying that 1 game could be sent to Brazil for fairly cheap (less than $20) so look into other options. Also look into the payment situation as their money is tightly regulated, especially when it's leaving Brazil.

[quote name='GameDeals.ca']It just so happens that I know people that buy/sell video games in Brazil. Chances are, it's not a scam. Most of the stuff down there is obscenely expensive, and most people pirate their stuff... but the people who do pay for it have lots of money and paying approx. $150 CDN for a new release 360 game sounds about right. It has to do with crazy import taxes that practically double the price. The guy I know travels back & forth a lot so he takes them as "personal goods", but to ship them in doesn't work. Having said that, I remember him saying that 1 game could be sent to Brazil for fairly cheap (less than $20) so look into other options. Also look into the payment situation as their money is tightly regulated, especially when it's leaving Brazil.[/quote] This is a good post.

[quote name='snowsquirrel']I remember reading that 360's go for like $1500 down there. Just take PayPal, and then you should have your ass covered.

~S[/quote]

Brazil's Paypal is not connected to the outside world's Paypal (from what I've been told). It's part of their whole "we want to know where your money is going" thing, although some people have Paypal accounts in USD registered with friends/family outside of Brazil for just this purpose.

I would definitely recommend caution, but more so that you have all your bases covered as opposed to expecting a scam. Also, customs has been known to "keep" things entering Brazil, especially when not declared & taxed accordingly.

if you receive an email from paypal saying someone sent you payment, just go to www.paypal.com to see if you really received a payment. I got scammed few months ago with my iPod. The guy told me to cancel my auction and he'll pay me $600US through paypal right away. I got an email that looked like it was from paypal, I made the biggest mistake of my life. The email said I'll get my payment once I provide the tracking number. I sent them tracking number after I shipped the iPod. I never got the money... Paid $200 shipping. I had the iPod shipped back to me, but $200 no more :(

But this guy who wants to buy the NHL 08 game seem to be no scam. He made quite a lot of transactions in the past few months.

bread's done
Back