Shipping question...

Bakou2

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
I haven't sold much online before, so I'm wondering what is the cheapest way to ship games or dvd's. Thanks in advance for any help.

[quote name='Bakou2']I haven't sold much online before, so I'm wondering what is the cheapest way to ship games or dvd's. Thanks in advance for any help.[/QUOTE]

This gets asked a lot.

Your best bet if it weighs under 13oz is to go USPS First Class. Technically it is cheaper from 9oz - 13oz to go Media Mail (not by much) but it will take significantly longer for your buyer to get the game.

First class should take 2-5 business days.

You will save even more if you print your label online as delivery confirmation will be free.

If you buy bubble mailers (kraft of poly) online you will get the best rates. I buy from mailersusa but there are other good websites

gbastar is a liar i onces dened a game media mail and trhe post office said to the person that got it that it was sent not corect and game should not be sended that way.they had to pay more they eamiled me on half.com saying that it was more and i should paypal them the diff but i say no its not my respon once it leave my hand.i t got me a bad feedback wich was thef inal straw for my half.com account and it got shutted down. half.com sucks

[quote name='GBAstar']This gets asked a lot.

Your best bet if it weighs under 13oz is to go USPS First Class. Technically it is cheaper from 9oz - 13oz to go Media Mail (not by much) but it will take significantly longer for your buyer to get the game.[/quote]
You're forgetting that games can't go via Media Mail though. If a seller sends stuff this rate, then they risk having their package searched and returned to them if it's found to contain materials not allowed to go that rate.
First class should take 2-5 business days.
Keyword: SHOULD. I've had FCM parcels take TWO WEEKS before to arrive when going a very short distance(PA to MA). One time a package sent to Boston got played hackey sack with for those two weeks at a sorting facility in that city. It got sorted and re-sorted and re-sorted for 14 days.:roll:
You will save even more if you print your label online as delivery confirmation will be free.

If you buy bubble mailers (kraft of poly) online you will get the best rates. I buy from mailersusa but there are other good websites
Unless the OP is sending stuff every day of the week and multiple packages it may not make sense for them to buy mailers in bulk and have them sitting around. I know it certainly doesn't make sense for me, since I rarely ship anything out anymore.

Either way, this thread is in the wrong section as well. It should be under the Deals/Shopping Discussion section if anywhere, as this is for actual issues with the site or its users. Not trying to be a junior mod with this comment, but it just definitely doesn't belong here.

bread's done
Back