shipping to impatient buyers

konmai

CAGiversary!
How do you guys handle this?

A buyer sent me a note on Tuesday morning with payment asking me to ship the item that same morning, b/c she is going on a camping trip on Friday w/in the same week.

She only paid for Parcel Post. :bomb: So I ended just delivering it via priority mail w/ no extra cost to her. :cry::cry::cry:

If it were me, I would have said I can refund you the payment and you can re-send payment for better shipping. Its fucked how people get with you AFTER the auction win to deal with shit like that..if they had done it before it ended you would have been a little more prepared to get it delt with.

I give people 10 days to pay. Ive had people pay on the 9th day, email me on the 10th day and ask if Ive shipped yet. I politely told them that I gave them 10 days to pay and you took 9 so Id appreciate the same courtesy I gave you.

I caught the e-mail before heading out to class. So I wasn't thinking straight & was afraid of negative feedback as feedbacks are one of the factors for boosting or busting a sale. :whistle2:# Last time I cancelled an order, b/c I wouldn't be able to ship as quick as the buyer would want me to ship. :roll: Dude left me negative feedback! :bomb: It's been a scar on my rep. ever since.

Thanks. I'll politely send back an e-mail about how long the shipping the person paid for would take & ask them to upgrade on shipping next time I get something like that.

I woulda shipped using Parcel post.

And when the inevitable negative came: "Shipping was slow." I'd reply "You paid slow. Next time PAY FOR PRIORITY if you are in a hurry" on both my account and her account.

BTW don't leave a negative for this Woman until after the buyer goes first, or 3 months have passed- whichever comes first. Protect your seller account.

I usually try to accomodate the person if I can, and if it's a reasonable request. If I know ahead of time that they need it buy a certain date, I'll charge for Priority shipping and ship it as soon as I get the payment. But if I don't know they need it by that certain date until I get the payment, they paid for parcel post and they need it two days after the payment gets to me? That's unreasonable, especially at this time of year.

If you need something before a certain date, ask the seller in advance if they can do it. Don't get pissed off at a seller just because you didn't have the foresight to purchase something well before your vacation or pay for faster shipping...

it's already done & over with, but I'll have some ideas for next time esp. since I'm selling a lot. Thanks!! :cool:

i ship everything priority with insurance. it gets there before they have a chance to bitch. one time i did have a lady put a hold on her payment because the 2-3 day shipping didnt get there on the second day(it arrived on the 3rd). plus she mustve have sent 1000 emails asking where the package was(even though she had the tracking info). it worked out for the good.

[quote name='thagoat']i ship everything priority with insurance. it gets there before they have a chance to bitch. one time i did have a lady put a hold on her payment because the 2-3 day shipping didnt get there on the second day(it arrived on the 3rd). plus she mustve have sent 1000 emails asking where the package was(even though she had the tracking info). it worked out for the good.[/quote]

Pretty much the same here, I ship everything priority, just so I don't have to worry for a a week or two if they got the item or not, and so I don't have to go out and buy bubble mailers and stuff.

bread's done
Back