Shopko Clearance $2.99 Xbox and PS3 Games (YMMV)

ndheah

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Shopko recently marked down all previously clearanced video games to $2.99. I generally buy PS3 games so I focused on searching for those, but they also had various Xbox games.

Note: In Store Only!

Titles included; (All $2.99 unless specified)

MAG (PS3)
White Knight Chronicles (PS3)
Heavy Rain (PS3)
God of War Collection (PS3)
Dragon Age Origins: Awakening (PS3 and Xbox)
SSFIV (PS3 and Xbox)
Madden 2010 (PS3 and Xbox)
Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands (PS3 and Xbox)
LOST (PS3, $1.49)
Kung Fu Rider (PS3)
Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box (DS)
Red Steel 2 (With Wii-Mote Plus Add-on) (Wii)
Dark Void (PS3 and Xbox)
Final Fantasy XIII (PS3 and Xbox)

These are the titles I found at my 4 local Shopko's (Menasha, Kimberly, Appleton & Green Bay (in mall).

-----—----------—---------
Edit 1/30/2012

New batch of clearance but higher prices. With that check back often and they'll drop in price.

Dragonquest VI $24.99 DS.
Warioware DIY $24.99 DS.
Professor Payton Unwound Future $20.99 DS.
Iron Man 2 $9.99 PS3 and Xbox.
Starwars The Forced Unleashed $9.99 Xbox.
Singularity $7.99 Xbox.
Dragons Lair Trilogy $9.99 Wii.
Kirby's Epic Yarn $34.99 Wii.
Metroid Other M $34.99 Wii.
Samurai Warrior 3 $34.99 Wii.
Sin and Punishment $34.99 Wii.

All of these were at the Bay Park Square Mall in Green Bay.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cleaned out most of DePere Shopko. I went to Bay Park and it was empty. Highlights of the DePere find:

Heavy Rain
God of War collection
Red Steel 2
white knight chronicles

Nothing that blew my mind but a good price for a collector to get sealed games and just sit on them for a while.

[quote name='Crazysammy']I cleaned out most of DePere Shopko. I went to Bay Park and it was empty. Highlights of the DePere find:

Heavy Rain
God of War collection
Red Steel 2
white knight chronicles

Nothing that blew my mind but a good price for a collector to get sealed games and just sit on them for a while.[/QUOTE]
Where did you find those at the DePere store? I was there last night and couldn't find any of those, or any clearance games for that matter. Maybe that's why they were still there.

Madison East towne and the east side store were cleaned out. The cashier said someone bought them out late last night, el hoardo strikes again.

Someone had already bought all the GOW/DA:O at my store in Racine WI, but their was still a lot left. I got:
2x Project Sylpheed $1.49
Red Steel (not 2) $1.49
Counter Force Wii $1.49
2x Dark Void 360 $1.99
2x Kung Fu Rider $1.99
2x White Knight Chronicles $2.99 (it was in the iPod accesorries Clarence section marked $19.99)
If anyone wants to trade pm me, I don't even have a ps3.

Checked the Shopko on Military, and like always, they didn't have anything. Swung by Bay Park Square to see if there was anything left at all, and there were still 2 Dragon Age Awakenings for the 360, a Madden 10, and a few Kung Fu Riders.

Would have loved to found some of the big games to start building a serious PS3 collection!

Checked all the Shopkos in Omaha, NE and someone cleared them all out. There were tags for all the games in the OP, but they were all gone. The only thing I found was some SpongeBob game.

[quote name='Optical']Checked all the Shopkos in Omaha, NE and someone cleared them all out. There were tags for all the games in the OP, but they were all gone. The only thing I found was some SpongeBob game.[/QUOTE]

Check out your Pamida stores. Pamida is closing down and becoming Shopko Hometown stores, so they may have some deals too, unsure though...

Also, I checked the new Brillion, WI Shopko Hometown, they had Duck Hunt for Wii for $1.49.

Iron Man PS3 $9.99

I picked up EA MMA for $2 at the Mankato MN Shopko, they had a couple other games, but nothing exciting. Prince of Persia and LocoRoco 2 is all i can remember.

Picked up Madden 10 (PS3) and Kung Fu Rider. If interested in trade or purchase send me a PM.

Purchased in Appleton, WI.

Heh I might have been at the same store as you about an hour ago. Those games were all that was left at that location besides some wii shovelware title I can't remember the name of. Lots and lots of empty and untagged shelves in the video game section.

Snooze ya lose? haha, man that sucks. I live in the heart of Green Bay, would've been nice to pick some of these up. If any of you picked up a ton of games and can't unload them, gimme a text or call, as I'd be happy to buy many games.

920-246-9000.

Excellent deals but unfortunately for me the money I'd spend with gas to the nearest location (1.5 hour drive) would kill it. Oh well!

[quote name='JWJaeger']Snooze ya lose? haha, man that sucks. I live in the heart of Green Bay, would've been nice to pick some of these up. If any of you picked up a ton of games and can't unload them, gimme a text or call, as I'd be happy to buy many games.

Phone number.[/QUOTE]
I'd remove your number from the thread, don't just give that away on the interwebs

Chippewa Falls is cleaned out. I didn't check Eau Claire though.

I managed to get:
Beowulf
Lost Via Domus
Dragon Age Origins Awakening
Prince of Perisa

[quote name='JWJaeger']Snooze ya lose? haha, man that sucks. I live in the heart of Green Bay, would've been nice to pick some of these up. If any of you picked up a ton of games and can't unload them, gimme a text or call, as I'd be happy to buy many games.

[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, I'm wondering which one you are. Do you still have my hat that was in G's car, or are you the other one?

Last edited by a moderator:
I love that Menasha Shopko (next to the Piggly Wiggly). A complete time machine, hidden and out of the way. I can't even begin to describe the cool video game shit I've found there over the years. Fox Valley CAG's now have it all to themselves...I haven't been there in probably 7-8 years.

It was similar to the Toys R Us in Saint Cloud, MN or just about any rural Kmart in WI or MN. A complete time warp back to the previous generation of consoles.

[quote name='AoA']My nearest one in 705 miles away in Wisconsin (coming from NJ). Oddly enough its nt the stores in Michigan or Illinois which list as being further away. Weird.

As much as Kung Fu Rider sucks, I'd buy it for 2.99. I'd buy any game foe 2.99[/QUOTE]

Id be coming from NJ too. Shame such a good deal so far away.

Kenosha WI still had 4-5 dragon age origins awakenings and a couple ds games for $1.99
Racine WI was picked clean

[quote name='cas13']Kenosha WI still had 4-5 dragon age origins awakenings and a couple ds games for $1.99
Racine WI was picked clean[/QUOTE]

Lol sorry that was me

Has anyone checked out the 2 Rochester MN locations by any chance? I'm going to see if they have any in a couple hours unless somebody tells me they have been cleared out.

Looks like it would take me 51 minutes to get to the nearest one via the tollway. Probably not a worthwhile investment of my morning, but I don't see anyone reporting on the IL locations, so there's a chance it would be worth it. Decisions, decisions...

[quote name='TwistedOrange']I've put 100+ hours into MAG. One of my favorite games of all time.[/QUOTE]
It was like playing Warhawk for me, where all of the vets who played it constantly would kick my ass even before I could get out of the base initially. Only time I had fun with the game was when I played with 2-3 friends on the same team and they gave me cover fire while I'd get into position for a kill shot on someone else.

About the only thing that amused me for longer than 20 minutes was team killing. Nothing quite says STFU like grenading your oh so serious teammates.;)

[quote name='DPsycho']Looks like it would take me 51 minutes to get to the nearest one via the tollway. Probably not a worthwhile investment of my morning, but I don't see anyone reporting on the IL locations, so there's a chance it would be worth it. Decisions, decisions...[/QUOTE]

With that long of a drive, why don't you just call and ask first?

[quote name='ndheah']With that long of a drive, why don't you just call and ask first?[/QUOTE]

The first rule of CAG is never call ahead. For all you know the guy working in electronics is unaware of the prices and will buy everything up when you alert him to the Clarence over the phone.

[quote name='KtMack23']The first rule of CAG is never call ahead. For all you know the guy working in electronics is unaware of the prices and will buy everything up when you alert him to the Clarence over the phone.[/QUOTE]
Yep. That's why even if it's an hour's drive, if there's a possibility of getting some sorta insane deal then I'll just make the trek.

Of course, if I'm going that damn far for a deal, then I'm gonna hit up every BB/GS/Target/TRU/etc on my way there and back to make the trip worthwhile.

[quote name='ndheah']With that long of a drive, why don't you just call and ask first?[/QUOTE]

Also, there's a good chance that the rep you get a hold of has no idea what they're looking for, especially at a place like Kmart. I've had this happen to me before at places like Smith's and Kmart.

I did end up making the trip, reasoning the same as IatCG did and hitting up some other shopping out that way.

The Belvidere, IL location doesn't have much now. Picked up Glory of Heracles for $2.99 (there's another copy left) and the only copies of Loco Roco 2 ($1.49) and Kung Fu Rider ($1.99). I saw where the following games were tagged for clearance but didn't have anything left: Endless Ocean ($2.99), Red Steel 2, Goldeneye DS ($1.99), and Deal or No Deal DS ($1.99).

There's a single White/Pearl PSP Go on clearance at $99.99, but I figure that there will be better opportunities when the Vita launches.

Not on so deep a discount, but I also grabbed the Dragon's Lair Trilogy Wii for $9.99 as well as a few discounted household items.

Oh, right. Almost forgot. Thanks, OP! Without your effort, I never would have known.

[quote name='myka22']I picked up EA MMA for $2 at the Mankato MN Shopko, they had a couple other games, but nothing exciting. Prince of Persia and LocoRoco 2 is all i can remember.[/QUOTE]

I was there just an hour before you, I think, but didn't buy anything...saw all the same games (I think there was a Madden 10 as well?). I was really hoping for some PS3 ones.

Just got back from checking both stores in Rochester MN. The south store was picked clean and the North store didn't look like they had any clearance games at all. Bummer.

[quote name='kube00']Maybe we should get a shopko clearance trading thread going[/QUOTE]
Sounds like a great idea to me. I went to the second local Shopko and was able to find some more games, such as MAG, White Knight Chronicles, and some psp games like Lego Batman.

Still unable to find a copy of Final Fantasy XIII for ps3, though.

[quote name='ccm0628']Just got back from checking both stores in Rochester MN. The south store was picked clean and the North store didn't look like they had any clearance games at all. Bummer.[/QUOTE]

When they run out of all copies on hand, they remove the clearance sticker (yellow bib-tag). My guess, is that that is 100% out. Your other store though, that still had stickers may have more in back.

[quote name='ccm0628']Just got back from checking both stores in Rochester MN. The south store was picked clean and the North store didn't look like they had any clearance games at all. Bummer.[/QUOTE]

I got to the north one a few hours ago. Nothing good except one $8 singularity which I got.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']I got to the north one a few hours ago. Nothing good except one $8 singularity which I got.[/QUOTE]

I saw that one there too but passed on it since I already have the game. I thought about getting it and trying to flip it on eBay or something but passed on the idea. I'm glad to see another CAG get it instead.

bread's done
Back