Shopko Clearance $2.99 Xbox and PS3 Games (YMMV)

ndheah

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Shopko recently marked down all previously clearanced video games to $2.99. I generally buy PS3 games so I focused on searching for those, but they also had various Xbox games.

Note: In Store Only!

Titles included; (All $2.99 unless specified)

MAG (PS3)
White Knight Chronicles (PS3)
Heavy Rain (PS3)
God of War Collection (PS3)
Dragon Age Origins: Awakening (PS3 and Xbox)
SSFIV (PS3 and Xbox)
Madden 2010 (PS3 and Xbox)
Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands (PS3 and Xbox)
LOST (PS3, $1.49)
Kung Fu Rider (PS3)
Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box (DS)
Red Steel 2 (With Wii-Mote Plus Add-on) (Wii)
Dark Void (PS3 and Xbox)
Final Fantasy XIII (PS3 and Xbox)

These are the titles I found at my 4 local Shopko's (Menasha, Kimberly, Appleton & Green Bay (in mall).

-----—----------—---------
Edit 1/30/2012

New batch of clearance but higher prices. With that check back often and they'll drop in price.

Dragonquest VI $24.99 DS.
Warioware DIY $24.99 DS.
Professor Payton Unwound Future $20.99 DS.
Iron Man 2 $9.99 PS3 and Xbox.
Starwars The Forced Unleashed $9.99 Xbox.
Singularity $7.99 Xbox.
Dragons Lair Trilogy $9.99 Wii.
Kirby's Epic Yarn $34.99 Wii.
Metroid Other M $34.99 Wii.
Samurai Warrior 3 $34.99 Wii.
Sin and Punishment $34.99 Wii.

All of these were at the Bay Park Square Mall in Green Bay.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ndheah']When they run out of all copies on hand, they remove the clearance sticker (yellow bib-tag). My guess, is that that is 100% out. Your other store though, that still had stickers may have more in back.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Wonder why they don't put them all out at once if they want get rid of them

At the one I visited, when I asked the associate for help getting one of the two copies of Glory of Heracles, he unlocked the spoke to which it was clipped, handed me the container with both copies in it, and told me that they would open it at the register. I wondered how long the other copy would sit there out of sight, but that would be one reason why copies can exist in the store without being on the rack.

I looked around through all the cashiering stations to see if I could spot any other forlorn games, but I saw nothing. It's possible someone collects them regularly but takes a while to put them back out. I had seen tags for a handful of other clearance games, so it's possible they were hiding somewhere waiting to be reshelved.

By the way, if anyone was looking for LocoRoco 2 or Kung Fu Rider specifically, PM me.

[quote name='DPsycho']Not on so deep a discount, but I also grabbed the Dragon's Lair Trilogy Wii for $9.99 as well as a few discounted household items..[/QUOTE]
Target had that game on clearance a while ago for $10 or under. I picked up a copy while out of town for work the one day, but since I didn't know if my buddies' nieces would play it if they got it for Christmas I ended up taking it back to a local Target, where it promptly disappeared.:whistle2:#

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It was like playing Warhawk for me, where all of the vets who played it constantly would kick my ass even before I could get out of the base initially. Only time I had fun with the game was when I played with 2-3 friends on the same team and they gave me cover fire while I'd get into position for a kill shot on someone else.

About the only thing that amused me for longer than 20 minutes was team killing. Nothing quite says STFU like grenading your oh so serious teammates.;)[/QUOTE]

I could never get into that game. I played the demo, and hated it. I can't stand online only games. If you asked me some years ago, I would've been all about online gaming. Now I won't devote too much time to online gaming modes.

To whoever had said Grafton, WI had nothing...you must have missed out on all the stuff someone stashed behind the sale-priced games. Picked up two copies of Perfect Dark Zero and Glory of Heracles, as well as LocoRoco 2...left a bunch of stuff from $4.99 to $10.49 still on the shelf.

[quote name='portpunk']To whoever had said Grafton, WI had nothing...you must have missed out on all the stuff someone stashed behind the sale-priced games. Picked up two copies of Perfect Dark Zero and Glory of Heracles, as well as LocoRoco 2...left a bunch of stuff from $4.99 to $10.49 still on the shelf.[/QUOTE]

like i said... nothing :p....... i did see those.. but i figured a xbox 360 launch title fell under the realm of nothing...lol

someone beat us there.. iwas there a week ago and saw a couple games people have mentioned inthis post!

New batch of clearance but higher prices. With that check back often and they'll drop in price.

Dragonquest VI $24.99 DS.
Warioware DIY $24.99 DS.
Professor Payton Unwound Future $20.99 DS.
Iron Man 2 $9.99 PS3 and Xbox.
Starwars The Forced Unleashed $9.99 Xbox.
Singularity $7.99 Xbox.
Dragons Lair Trilogy $9.99 Wii.
Kirby's Epic Yarn $34.99 Wii.
Metroid Other M $34.99 Wii.
Samurai Warrior 3 $34.99 Wii.
Sin and Punishment $34.99 Wii.

All of these were at the Bay Park Square Mall in Green Bay.

[quote name='bug_nuts']like i said... nothing :p....... i did see those.. but i figured a xbox 360 launch title fell under the realm of nothing...lol

someone beat us there.. iwas there a week ago and saw a couple games people have mentioned inthis post![/QUOTE]

I have an inside at that store (well, I do NOW) who told me that everything was gone about two minutes after she started marking down the section. El Hoardos swooped in and picked it clean. Had them run stock checks on a few things today...they're showing quantity on a few but no one seems to know where in the back the product is.

[quote name='portpunk']I have an inside at that store (well, I do NOW) who told me that everything was gone about two minutes after she started marking down the section. El Hoardos swooped in and picked it clean. Had them run stock checks on a few things today...they're showing quantity on a few but no one seems to know where in the back the product is.[/QUOTE]

yeah some decent games.... nothing mind blowing at least :) good ot know another CAG in the area :)

[quote name='cas13']Kenosha WI still had 4-5 dragon age origins awakenings and a couple ds games for $1.99
Racine WI was picked clean[/QUOTE]

damn they are probably gone by now. I would of loved to get dragon age, SF, GOW collection, and heavy rain. At those prices i might even take a gamble at games i might not like.

I just realized that the Dragon Age Origins I bought is the Awakening expansion pack. I don't have the original game (which is required). I guess I got an extra 360 case now.

[quote name='jbroush99']I just realized that the Dragon Age Origins I bought is the Awakening expansion pack. I don't have the original game (which is required). I guess I got an extra 360 case now.[/QUOTE]
The retail version that you got is a stand alone expansion.

[quote name='ndheah']Isn't it a stand alone expansion?[/QUOTE]
PC and DLC version from XBLA and PSN require the original game. The retail version is a stand alone.

[quote name='Maskim']PC and DLC version from XBLA and PSN require the original game. The retail version is a stand alone.[/QUOTE]

Good to know I'll get some use out of it.

Thanks!

Thanks! I saw Expansion Pack and requires original Dragon Age game for full functionality blah blah blah and assumed I was screwed. I guess I'll keep it.

bread's done
Back