Shopko - Wario Land Shake It! - $14.88

deletion

CAGiversary!
Just saw this today. Shopko's got their "lowest prices of the season sale" going on. Select games (see ad below) are $14.88, but the most notable game on there for me was Warioland Shake It. Also it notes that all 19.99 titles are on sale for 17.88. Selection will probably vary from store to store.

090402_27_hpo52.jpg

what's a shopko? o_O"
never heard of it before, i'm in NJ.

also is this available online? would LOVE to get wario land at that price.

Damn, I used to live about 15 minutes from a Shopko but the nearest one to me now is like 45 minutes away. I'd be willing to drive 15 minutes for Wario Land, but not 45. Thanks OP, hope someone scores this great deal.

[quote name='1Sail0r']what's a shopko? o_O"

also is this available online? would love to get wario land at that price.[/quote]

i just checked and its store only i believe

This deal is only available in-store. I know that a majority of shopkos are located in the midwest and then there's a few scattered nationwide such as washington state, oregon, idaho to name a few. you can check store locations here: http://www.shopko.com/

info:

Select video game titles

these titles and many more!
this is it! LOWEST PRICES OF THE SEASON DVDS & VIDEO GAMES, IT DOESN'T GET LOWER THAN THIS! all kids' & family DVDs on sale

SALE $14.88, your choice

Good 04/02/2009 through 04/11/2009
Titles vary by store. While quantities last. Sorry, no rainchecks.

NOTE: Inventory changes frequently, so we cannot guarantee the availability in our stores. Store and online prices may vary. To confirm availability and pricing, please call the store directly.

and link to ad

if anyone actually goes to a shopko to check this out and finds a wario land, would you mind picking me up on too? :D i would pay for whatever you paid + shipping in a heartbeat if someone would be kind enough to get one for me.

Looked for one near me (Seattle area) and I got one in Lacey. These appear to be located in pretty random locations

[quote name='1Sail0r']what's a shopko? o_O"

also is this available online? would LOVE to get wario land at that price.[/QUOTE]

link

Based on Shipwreck's review I think I can travel the one mile to my local ShopKo and see if they have one in stock. $15 is great deal.

[quote name='deletion']This deal is only available in-store. I know that a majority of shopkos are located in the midwest and then there's a few scattered nationwide such as washington state, oregon, idaho to name a few. you can check store locations here: http://www.shopko.com/[/quote]

Yeah, I'm unfortunate... I live in FL and it says the closest ones to me are in IL. I got family in Illinois but not even a great deal like this is enough reason to go visit them :lol:

No stores near me, so if anyone picks up an extra copy of Shake It, CML for a trade, otherwise I'd be willing to pay $20 for a copy which should cover cost + MM/FC shipping (and a little extra).

[quote name='brett2007']No stores near me, so if anyone picks up an extra copy of Shake It, CML for a trade, otherwise I'd be willing to pay $20 for a copy which should cover cost + MM/FC shipping (and a little extra).[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding? $15 plus tax puts it over $16. Then $2 or $3 for even a cheap bubble mailer and then gas and trouble are way over $20. That's not counting the shipping rate. Keep dreaming, Bubba.

[quote name='MorPhiend']Are you kidding? $15 plus tax puts it over $16. Then $2 or $3 for even a cheap bubble mailer and then gas and trouble are way over $20. That's not counting the shipping rate. Keep dreaming, Bubba.[/quote]

WOW!
MorPhiend, I was trying to create a commotion...

To me this game is worth $20-$25 max. Frankly, I haven't turned on my Wii in months and am hesitant to buy any more games for it until Wii Sports 2 or Virtua Tennis (with Wii Motion Plus support come out).

In retrospect perhaps $20 was a little low, so I'd be willing to up it to $23 (although, I would rather trade). I have a huge supply of bubble mailers from previous trades so I didn't factor that into the cost. I also use stamps.com, so I haven't actually gone to a post office in ages. Gas to the store is negligible since I figured the person would be going to the store anyways.

Cost would be $15 + tax = < $16
Going off my Stamps.com prices, shipping would be $2-$2.50 (incl digital delivery conf) for a single game via MM or sometimes FC is cheaper.

So, at $23 that is ~$5 for the effort.
I'll take my chances...If no one bites, the game has been steadily dropping in price, and I'm sure it'll show up for $15 somewhere around here as well.

Thanks

[quote name='MorPhiend']Then $2 or $3 for even a cheap bubble mailer [/quote]
Wow, the ones at the post office here are a buck and change. And 3 for a dollar at the dollar store.

[quote name='MorPhiend']Are you kidding? $15 plus tax puts it over $16. Then $2 or $3 for even a cheap bubble mailer and then gas and trouble are way over $20. That's not counting the shipping rate. Keep dreaming, Bubba.[/quote]

I agree with brett... I think you kinda overreacted on that one. He may have been a dollar or two off, but come on.

Figures, I have 2 locations that are fairly near and they are both out of stock.

Shopko is in the Kmart category of retail . . . how long can they go on. Unfortunately, I drove past a few of them in Central Wisconsin (where they still have some foothold) on Fri-Sat . . . but I didn't know about this deal :whistle2:(

1 week before X-mas I wanted to buy my wife a Stir Crazy popcorn popper but Target was totally wiped out by holiday shoppers. I went over to Shopko and the small electrics dept. was completely full of merchandise. I bet Shopko will close half of its stores by the end of this year.

[quote name='MorPhiend']Are you kidding? $15 plus tax puts it over $16. Then $2 or $3 for even a cheap bubble mailer and then gas and trouble are way over $20. That's not counting the shipping rate. Keep dreaming, Bubba.[/QUOTE]

Please lighten up.

I've always felt that $5 over cost was fair when doing a CAGer a favor.

For me, tax would be less than $1 and you don't need to buy a new mailer . . . recycled packing is fine. First class shipping would run about $2.50--if they pay via paypal you can do a quick and easy paypal shipping label.

Gas and trouble??? If someone is willing to do this type of transaction (I've probably done it about a dozen times over the years and had it done for me a few times) they are giving back to the CAG community which saves them tons of money in return.

If you want more in return, sell the game online and save your comment for slickdeals . . .

[quote name='ZForce915']schultzed, what locations did you check?[/QUOTE]

Racine and Kenosha but the CS was poor and they might not have known what they were talking about.

I was in Steven's Point and Wis. Rapids over the weekend and wish I had known . . . I passed a few stores on the trip.

You must have a few stores in the Green Bay area . . . maybe you'll find it--good luck.

I will check for you guys... honestly I don't see how people justify charging for packaging material. I just reuse old boxes/envelopes. Silly to pay $1.00 or so when you can get it for free. (most workplaces have tons of boxes that can be used for this purpose) But to each his own. I have 2 shopko within 4 miles of me...I will go give them a look tomorrow. Already have the game but wouldn't mind picking up for others.

C'mon man, you've never done anybody on CAG a favor? You've probably saved a bunch of money with CAG, what's a little effort in order to give back to the community? If I had a ShopKo nearby and I was going there anyways, I'd pick one up for a fellow CAG'er without hesitation. I've done it for Target clearance deals before.

[quote name='MorPhiend']Are you kidding? $15 plus tax puts it over $16. Then $2 or $3 for even a cheap bubble mailer and then gas and trouble are way over $20. That's not counting the shipping rate. Keep dreaming, Bubba.[/QUOTE]

Dude, cheap bubble mailers are under a buck at Walmart. Keep deaming if you think they cost $2+.

If I'd noticed this thread earlier, I would have swung by Shopko earlier while I was out.

Wow, why is everyone freaking out because I said, "Are you kidding?" What kind of heretical phrase is that? I just found $20 for something that is going to cost me $16 + time, effort, and gas money + a package to send it off in and shipping to be a bit ridiculous. Props to anyone out there who saves up hordes of shipping materials to re-use or buys bubble mailers in bulk and has the resources to do shipping labels cheaply (someone mentioned stamps.com). I'm proud of you all. But I'm an average Joe. I would simply go to the nearest post office, buy one of their envelopes and pay them whatever they charge to ship + DC. I don't do that often, but the last time I did, it cost me a whole hell of a lot more than $2-3 total.

But back to everyone freaking out, you all are acting like I said, "Hey ass munch! You're life isn't worth the dump I just dropped in the toilet, so get the hell out of the thread!" Seriously, all I said was, "Are you kidding," and that was simply because I thought it must be a joke. Sorry for not being a super-efficient-ninja-spy-mailer like the rest of you.:roll:

Seriously, those who jumped on me are the ones who need to relax, pull the panties out of your cracks or something....

EDIT: And I've been around here for a long time. Of course I have helped someone out from time to time. I have more than a few times done something for someone at or near cost. And I have never made a profit off of anyone. Often when I settle on a price with someone when I am getting something from them, I will throw an extra $1-3 on top of the settled upon price when I PayPal the money. Most of the time I suppose they don't even notice since many people are doing so many deals they wouldn't remember the agreed upon price unless they went back to their PM for reference. But there are definitely a few uptight asses in this thread who won't be seeing such generosity from me anytime in the near future...

By the way, this is a way good deal. I bought this near release for about $33 and I don't regret not waiting. Jump on this if you can!

went to shopko today thinking i could just walk out with a copy. well, it's sold out. they said they should be getting more this week, but i might go pricematch this at walmart.

I was able to price match this at Best Buy with no problems today since Shopko was sold out. By the way if your Shopko is sold out, go to customer service and they will wright you a rain check for this.

To the people that are price matching: Are you printing out the web-site picture and matching with that? Or are you using a physical ad? I live very close to a Shopko and have not seen this ad anywhere.

What ad is this? Its not in my weekly flyer. Of course, that just came out today and this thread was posted yesterday.

[quote name='ndcurtis']To the people that are price matching: Are you printing out the web-site picture and matching with that? Or are you using a physical ad? I live very close to a Shopko and have not seen this ad anywhere.[/QUOTE]

I've never had a problem printing off a web ad. Sometimes you'll get a jerk who tries to claim it is a website price and they don't match websites, but if you can get them to understand it's an internet copy of the B&M ad, they should match it no problem.

EDIT:
[quote name='turls']What ad is this? Its not in my weekly flyer. Of course, that just came out today and this thread was posted yesterday.[/QUOTE]

There are two versions of the ad for my closest store. It is in the one that is for the 2nd-11th (as opposed to the ad for the 5th-11th) and it is on page 27.

I just went through the newspapers (garbage day) and the only newspaper Shopko flyer that I found didn't have the game listed.

But I found it in a smaller format flyer that was mailed to us. I'm going to try pricematching at Walmart or Best Buy but I can't do it until tomorrow. In my past experiences, Wal-Mart is easier . . . my local BB is more likely to call them up.

I picked up the Ad at the front of the Shopko store at customer service. The ad is pretty big and says something like "best deals of the season" or something. I can't remember the end date but the sale is going for at least a few more days. Also Best Buy price matched it without calling. All I had to do was show the checkout guy the ad and he price matched it on the spot without needing to call a manager or anything.

I was able to get Wal-Mart to price match after both ShopKos around me were out. I'm pretty sure they have the ad in the front of the store, you could just nab one and take it along. The Wal-Mart I went to only had one copy left after I got mine, though.

I am going to have the ad printed off and see if I can get WM to price match it.... damn guys... better....

I'll post back to see if it works.

I liked Shopko, wish I still lived near one.

$15 is just awesome. I haven't gotten to this yet, but it was literally the only Wii game I had any interest in last year.

Not sure I'll like it or not, but:

Positive:
-It's a 2D platformer....on a console! Is that legal? I soooo wish we'd get more quality platformers, and especially 2D platformers. Tomba 2 is the last big one I can even remember, and that was probably almost a decade ago. The mind boggles at what a Playstation 3/360 could pull off in 2D, both in terms of graphics and gameplay. HUNDREDS of MB of hand drawn art up on the screen makes my mouth water :whistle2:D
-It's Warioland. I love the 4 Gameboy Wario Lands.

Negatives:
-Only real one is I don't think it's by the team that did the real Wario Land games. The DS one was by a different team, and was too hard, like a lot of DS platformers. Even still, I kept my Wii in large percent just to support an honest to goodness 2D platformer on a console.

(Someone do a Metroid style game on the PS3/360 already! And *NOT* that dim wit making those horrible, way-too-hard DS Castlevania games).

bread's done
Back