Shopko XBL Starter Kit $10 YMMV

koolmoj

CAGiversary!
Alright, was at my local Shopko today and they had a few Xbox Live starter kits on clearance for $10. They included the following:

- 3 month Xbox Live Gold
- Xbox Headset
- Free Xbox Live Arcade game
- $10 Coupon off any Xbox game (expired)
- ALSO has 100 Microsoft points

Oh yeah, this is Xbox 360 stuff. Now, next to everything on the box it is handwritten "exp" next to them. Except the Headset off course, since that doesn't expire. From my experience, even though xbox live cards have an expiration date they don't expire. I had an Xbox Live kit from the first gen xbox that I redemmed on my 360 last Jan. Box said it was expired but it still worked.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='koolmoj']Alright, was at my local Shopko today and they had a few Xbox Live starter kits on clearance for $10. They included the following:

- 3 month Xbox Live Gold
- Xbox Headset
- Free Xbox Live Arcade game
- $10 Coupon off any Xbox game (expired)

Oh yeah, this is Xbox 360 stuff. Now, next to everything on the box it is handwritten "exp" next to them. Except the Headset off course, since that doesn't expire. From my experience, even though xbox live cards have an expiration date they don't expire. I had an Xbox Live kit from the first gen xbox that I redemmed on my 360 last Jan. Box said it was expired but it still worked.

What do you guys think?[/quote]

Dude that's pretty sweet, I'd jump on it, I wouldn't worry about the $10 off coupon but 3 month is worth in itself.

I have a 3 month Xbox Live Gold card and it doesn't have an expiration date on it so I don't think they expire as long as the code hasn't been used.

thanks man. will have to check out shopko. it's been a while since the slew of clearance titles from last year.

that isn't a CAG cod jarold but if you can find them then I guess you deserve to do what you want. I might buy some if I can find them and save them since my live is expiring in 4months. Thanks OP!

I went ahead and bought the 3 kits they had left, $9.92 apiece. Got home and opened one of them and entered the codes (3 month gold, 100 Points, Joust Arcade game(400 pt value)) and they all worked! They all said they expired in June 2007 but no troubles! The $10 coupon for an xbox game is a MIR so I'm pretty sure that won't work. Good deal none the less.

Wow, I'll give $1.50 for the 100 microsoft points if anybody gets one of these. It would be like you only spent $8.50 on the package!

bread's done
Back