Shoplifters... or people that screw this site over...

[quote name='GogetaSS4']I work at the Goodwill and the only reason why I got the job I have now is because the guy and 2 other co-workers(one being a supervisor) ended up stealing about $4000 worth in items from Donations and they were caught via the security camera in Donations.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, right before I started working at Gamestop in high school, shit went down like that. A few people were fired for stealing, and the Store Manager was demoted to Assistant Store Manager simply because it happened while he was the manager. The icing on the cake was about a year or so later, one of the former employees who was fired for stealing came in and asked me to reseal a game for him to return to another store for full credit. :lol: I told him to go fuck himself.

[quote name='ReussDr']If you want to read some humor, go here:

http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98

It's legal defense for busted shoplifters, and it's amusing how many of their stories involve them being upset about how they were stopped by security, or that they stepped out of the store to take a phone call and "accidentally" had merchandise with them.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that link! That'll provide me with some nice afternoon entertainment.

I'm not going to go into details, but I stopped $2000+ worth of theft twice at a store I used to work at. Both times the people trying to steal the stuff was pretty clever in trying to hide it (using a doll house box that had been emptied), but they were still caught. Store policy was to award 10% of the total value of the theft stopped as a reward to employees that prevented it, so I was in line for about $550. Too bad they never gave me a penny of it.

Lots of stories here... heh...

I stopped alot of shoplifters or people trying to scam my employer countless times...

Alot of the time when people were Tag-Switching... Mostly on clothes...

But one time someone was buying a Wii DDR Disney game that I KNOW it was about $50+ for it... I scanned it, ranged up for about $13 and I KNEW that was wrong... checked the barcode, and it had a barcode for a Wall-e book that we have, I knew because our books have totally different tags then our normal items... AND RIGHT WHEN I TOOK OFF THAT TAG THE CUSTOMER SAID SHE DIDN'T WANT IT...

After she checked out thru me, I reprinted the recepit from the order, and gave that to our LP guys so they can check out the tapes for it...

Also, tag switching is one of the hardest things to stop because the customer are buying the items, but makes the cashier unaware that they did something to the tags and because they are "buying" the items, the LP team usually stops watching them so they can get away with it unless the cashier is very aware the signs of a tag switcher are or knows the correct prices of the items ring up for...

Also, the story in the opening post was during the time when we had NO LP at ALL, and the only people that can stop anyone for stoplifting were asst. managers or higher... but, after awhile, we got this awesome LP crew that works very hard to catch these thieves!

I was working in a supermarket and some chick (around 17-18) got caught for shoplifting. She stole 27 bucks worth of makeup and gave a fake name. She has a court date now. She's known in the community for being a very active christian too. Laughed my ass off afterwards

[quote name='DaftPunkFan37']I was working in a supermarket and some chick (around 17-18) got caught for shoplifting. She stole 27 bucks worth of makeup and gave a fake name. She has a court date now. She's known in the community for being a very active christian too. Laughed my ass off afterwards[/QUOTE]

o.0 that's exact same situation one of my friend is in.. and shes around that age and their family is known as very active Christian too.

[quote name='Salamando3000']Worked at a convenience store while on summer vacation from college, and people could and would steal from us all the time. We were really defenseless about it. We had no cameras, no door alarms, and only one person working there. If it was busy, we barely had time to ring stuff up on our ancient cash register, let alone monitor the entire store. Even if we did see someone pick up stuff and walk off, what could we do? Leave everyone in the store to chase him down, kick everyone out, lock the door before I chase him down? There was a reason company policy, with regards to shoplifting, was "Do Nothing". Still, there were two incidents that stick out.

During a rather slow period of time, some lady walks into the store, grabs some things, and then proceeds to shove a snack cake up her shorts. Naturally a cake wouldn't stay in the shorts, so she walks over to me, leaning over and clutching her leg, to proceed with the purchase. Moment she gets there, she tells me "I must have pulled a muscle in my thigh while reaching for the milk"..."Did that also cause your thigh to crinkle while you walked?"..."Yep", and out the door she went.

Another day, and while doing sweeping in the store, I notice a box of Cheerios on the floor. Only, the box was open. Inside the box was only an open bag, and no cheerios. Someone stole an entire box worth of cheerios, without taking the box or the bag inside. Since it was on the opposite side of the store, there was no way to see it happen, so man was I curious about it.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know how they stole a whole box of Cheerios without taking the package. :lol: They musta had a garbage bag under their shorts or something n just dumped them in.

[quote name='lolwut?']lol @ the OP saving thousands of dollars worth of merch and getting rewarded with a $10 giftcard.[/QUOTE]

While it's not really expected to get a 'reward', having helped prevent $1000's of dollars worth of stuff from being stolen equals to more than $10 gc if you ask me.

[quote name='life.exe']At the TRU I worked at, DVD's and Baseball cards were the most popular stolen. The weirdest thing someone stole was a stroller, they left behind their old stroller and stole one of the displays.[/QUOTE]

People do that all the time in Kmart and WalMart around here with their sneakers. They steal a new pair, then leave behind the old disgusting ones.

Of course, many stores have started to put one of those alarm tags(big honkin' plastic ones that's clipped onto the shoes)onto the shoes now or only putting out the left or right shoe and requiring that someone ASK for the other one.

[quote name='Zerms4']
But one time someone was buying a Wii DDR Disney game that I KNOW it was about $50+ for it... I scanned it, ranged up for about $13 and I KNEW that was wrong... checked the barcode, and it had a barcode for a Wall-e book that we have, I knew because our books have totally different tags then our normal items... AND RIGHT WHEN I TOOK OFF THAT TAG THE CUSTOMER SAID SHE DIDN'T WANT IT...

[/QUOTE]

Exact same thing happened to me, except that it was a case of beer that they put a barcode from a bouquet of flowers on. I caught on, because a case of Bud Light does not cost $3.50. As soon as I noticed it, they didn't want it anymore.

Funny thing is, that was all they were buying. Like I wasn't gonna catch on.

This happened at a BB i worked at, but a few weeks before I started working there.

I think it was June/July 2007, and inventory had JUST received 2 blu-ray burners that were priced at around $750 a pop (or 325 each can't remember but over $750 of stuff.) Either the day of or a few days afterwards, the burners had magically disappeared from the store, with nobody seeing it happen.

The inventory supervisor got reprimanded pretty badly, and they never did figure out who took them, although many believe it was an inside job. It gets better though, the supervisor was notorious for being sloppy; not only did she keep her job but she's now the assistant manager for that store!

I used to work in a grocey store, and people would just be shopping normally and fill up a small basket with stuff and just walked out. Once when I was near the door for some reaosn, my manager was walking by it and some guy tried to get out with a bunch of those Soniccare toothbrushes and just told him not to try and took the basket from him.

Though another time while I was working on the Express lane and it was quiet at the time so me and the coursey clerk were just chatting and some guy just walked out with a basket full of stuff. We had to do a double take since we weren't sure, and he ran outside to try and get a license plate or something but was too late. We have LP, but they only come in like once a week to walk around, and the security cameras there are more focus on the employees instead of shoplifters. Randomly the manager would call us up for be standing in from of our lanes a lot.

Though apparantly that didn't always help. Since some new girl they hired as a cashier stolen like $500-1000 from her till. Since it kept coming up short for a few days when she was working there. They finally fire her after a week or so. No arrest or anything.

i cant not mention this
http://www.engadget.com/2009/09/03/video-crooks-clean-out-new-jersey-apple-store-in-31-impressive/
very sickening! you guys HAVE TO WATCH THE VIDEO.

i like this thread already. i used to work retail. i have far too many stories while working there for nearly 4 years.

[quote name='VashandWolfwood']There's something mildly enjoyable about busting people who try to shoplift[/QUOTE]
this :lol:

[quote name='life.exe']DVD's and Baseball cards were the most popular stolen. The weirdest thing someone stole was a stroller, they left behind their old stroller and stole one of the displays.[/QUOTE]
at the clothing store i worked at, the most common items that gets stolen are shoes, wallets, colognes and perfumes, ties, cuff links, and everything else that doesnt have a sensormatic (those little plastic things they take out at the registers).

story one:

a co worker was working at the register and he was alone. it was later at night and the store was almost closing (9:30). around a half hour before we closed, the manager on duty usually gives 15 minute breaks to people who havent taken them yet since the store is almost closed. so a majority of people left and it was just me, the guy at the register, and the MOD.

a guy walks in hovering around the front register and suddently grabbed 3 or 4 wallets from one of the jars we put them in. coworker takes notice on this and watches the guys every move, EVERY MOVE. since were about to close, my coworker started cleaning his area up and while doing that, happens to bend over to pick something up and when he got up, the guy was standing infront of him claiming that he wants to return 3 of the same wallets. my coworker was speechless and since one of our policies are not to be accusatory, he couldnt say anything until he called our LP. guy left without being caught on act.

one of our worst policies was that people CAN return merchandise without receipts just as long as they still have a sku which can be found inside the merchandise or it still have the retail tags attached to it. these policies was later revised and we only. we were losing $2,000,000 in returns every year before they revised it.

[quote name='Zerms4']
Alot of the time when people were Tag-Switching... Mostly on clothes...[/QUOTE]

People at the Goodwill do this all the freakin time, they switch a 29.99 tag for a freakin $.99 tag and expect to get away with it's funny when they get caught. Even the regulars who shop at the Goodwill I work for have been known to do this, (even some of the employees are doing similar stuff like the people in the back who price things, They price things really low and wait to get off work and just buy a bunch of stuff that should cost alot more for like $.99 and they will most likely get fired if they get caught.) Anyways the people at the Goodwill don't really do anything to stop customers from shoplifting except ban them from the Goodwill for life. Which isn't really a punishment in my opnion since there are like 4 in my area.

Tag switching would be really hard to spot especially at stores like Kmart which has tons of unmarked clearance. Its common for even an item that originally cost $50 at kmart to ring up for $5 or less. Unless the employee was specifically trained to look for this type of behavior or maybe it was a small store where the prices of certain expensive items could be easily memorized.

[quote name='GogetaSS4']People at the Goodwill do this all the freakin time, they switch a 29.99 tag for a freakin $.99 tag and expect to get away with it's funny when they get caught. Even the regulars who shop at the Goodwill I work for have been known to do this, (even some of the employees are doing similar stuff like the people in the back who price things, They price things really low and wait to get off work and just buy a bunch of stuff that should cost alot more for like $.99 and they will most likely get fired if they get caught.) Anyways the people at the Goodwill don't really do anything to stop customers from shoplifting except ban them from the Goodwill for life. Which isn't really a punishment in my opnion since there are like 4 in my area.[/QUOTE]

The Goodwill you work at prices some clothing items at $29.99? Apparently the word THRIFT is lost on some of these bigger chains of thrift stores anymore. The shit being sold at these stores is supposed to be REASONABLY priced. No wonder people try switching tags. The Salvation Army stores around here get like that sometimes. They want near MSRP for stuff I could go and get just down the road at Kmart/WalMart for $1-2 more and know that's it's definitely new.

[quote name='Reichan']Why do slacker do these kinds of things yet they have the body to have a good job,[/QUOTE]

Two words: "Easy money"

Thing is, they think it's easy money, but with all of the risks involved, they are better off having a real job.

One time while working at a grocery store, I had a young girl with two kids check out with a cart full of groceries (she seemed to be the babysitter). So I rang everything up, coming to around $200, when she declares, "I don't have the money, the children's father has it", and then attempted to walk out the door with all the groceries. She was stunned when I told her she had to pay before I was going to let her leave with the food -- she took the kids and left, and sent someone in 15 minutes later to finally pay.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Two words: "Easy money"

Thing is, they think it's easy money, but with all of the risks involved, they are better off having a real job.[/QUOTE]

Well if theyve got caught their going to have their rooms having their football field sized lot to stay, add new more friends, get rations of food and clothing, they do Fit in Jail, damn slackers

The SA here has actually started being cheap again, which is very shocking. You will still find the occasionally overpriced item but its not nearly as bad as it used to be. Shirts are back down to .99 or 1.99 instead of 4.99 and most coats are 7.99 and under but some leather coats are still priced at 19.99 or some ridiculous amount. I can buy brand new jeans and pretty much anything I want for clothes at Sears for around $3-5 an item and its not like the Sears near me has a shortage of clearance clothing at all, in fact they have way more than they can sell so the prices are going to have to be lower than that for me to buy second hand clothing.

I also have another thrift that is 5 min from me and they charge $3 a bag for whatever you can put in the bag so I am not sure why people would shop at the SA when they could shop there.

I can totally see why people would switch tags there though, its a thrift store and things are supposed to be cheap but often they are not.

Exactly, the word THRIFT is lost on some of these supposed 'thrift stores' anymore. When they're charging $30 for a used SNES with a big glaring 'AS-IS' sticker on it, I'll steer clear. But if they actually took the time to have someone test it and could SHOW me it works, then that price might not be so bad.

But when you're wanting more than I could find stuff on Craigslist for and it's all as-is, then I'll just walk away.

Even books are '80% off cover price' now instead of the old $1-2 for hardcover, .49 for ANY paperback rates they USED to use.

I worked at Sears while in college. One day a man come wearing a yellow backpack and started looking at the mp3 players. I didn't think much of it, and continued doing the morning camera/camcorder counts. I was behind the counter filling out forms when I heared yelling and shouting. I look up and I see our two loss prevention employees attempting to apprehend the guy. Apparently he started stuffing his backpack with iPods, PSPs, etc. The cops came and told the manager he's been wanted for a series of shoplifts in the area. They also said he had a drug problem. It was all a very desperate attempt... There are cameras everywhere and he did it plain sight of every one. He didn't even try to conceal himself. I knew then that he probably had a major problem.

Before that, when I was in high school, I worked in Whole Foods Market. People always tried to steal cosmetics, switch labels between organic and conventional produce, put old price tags from ground beef on packages of steaks, etc. We didn't have security cameras so we had to hire a firm to conduct security in person. There were three or four employees who would come in every day and pretend to shop while catching shoplifters. They caught someone every friggin' day!

But anyway, the saddest story was when this older lady was attempting to steal some produce in her bag. She was quite old, maybe in her mid-sixties. The secutiry employee at the time was a male, so he could not apprehend her alone because she may have accused him of doing something improper. He asked me to be a witness, so I did. I was so embarrassed for this lady. She was visibly embarrassed herself and I just had to watch all of this unfold. It got worse, though, when she incinuated that she would be willing to do something (err, yeah...) with the male security guard if he would just let her go.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Diosoth']Capitalism is wonderful. Take the money and distribute it to those who are already wealthy.[/QUOTE]

That's actually the exact opposite of capitalism. Don't confuse the US as being a capitalist nation. It's not and hasn't been one for well over 100 years. The term 'crony capitalism' comes to mind.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Two words: "Easy money"

Thing is, they think it's easy money, but with all of the risks involved, they are better off having a real job.[/QUOTE]

I've seen wealthy people angrily arguing they should get stuff like a leather jacket for a ridiculous price (or even free) because of this or that when they should have known better. I've never been privy to shoplifting but reports indicate all parts of the economic spectrum participate - heck even Winonna Ryder got caught shoplifting.

I wouldn't discount greed, entitlement, or the thrill of committing a crime as the primary motivator. In fact sometimes I think money is the last motivation for these crimes, if shoplifters wanted money then almost any job would pay better.

[quote name='lukewin']I bought a HOTD: Overkill for $12.48 at Target. Was going to trade it in at GS as part of the trade 4, get $20 bonus. Open it up, and disc is gone. Wrapping was slit on the side, didn't even realize that it had been gutted.[/QUOTE]

That just happened to me 3 days ago. I bought Uncharted and brought it home and opened it. In the disc's place was a blank cd. The wrapping had been cut on the bottom and taped back. I took mine back to the store and got my money back.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Exactly, the word THRIFT is lost on some of these supposed 'thrift stores' anymore. When they're charging $30 for a used SNES with a big glaring 'AS-IS' sticker on it, I'll steer clear. But if they actually took the time to have someone test it and could SHOW me it works, then that price might not be so bad.

But when you're wanting more than I could find stuff on Craigslist for and it's all as-is, then I'll just walk away.

Even books are '80% off cover price' now instead of the old $1-2 for hardcover, .49 for ANY paperback rates they USED to use.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the stores around here aren't that bad, I am sure some in other areas are but I have never seen $30 on a console, its usually 7.99 or under which is reasonable for a store. But you have to remember that these people likely donated it to the thrift for a reason, it has a problem or it doesn't work. No one around here donates completely working systems. Now this may mean you just need to clean the carts and contacts (I did buy a nomad at a thrift around here and all it needed was the games cleaned) but be prepared to do some work if you want to get your item working. Most people here know how to do that but not everyone who shops at a thrift does.

People do sell working systems at yard sales though, and IMO if your looking for systems that is the best way to go because they have usually only been used by one household. If you buy a bum system then you know where the person lives, lol. I have never been shafted on a yard sale'd system yet.

The thing around here is the clothing is ridiculously priced, or used to be, it seems to go in cycles but the electronics are usually cheap or reasonable. It doesn't really make a lot of sense. There may be cheap clothes now but in a month or 2 the prices will be back up to 2.99-5.99 for a worn-out t-shirt. They also seem to like to charge an arm and a leg for worn-out, old and ugly jeans, like 5.99 or more but coats are something like 2.99-7.99. Again it doesn't make any sense, why would you charge more for a pair of ugly worn out 15 year-old jeans and yet a decent coat is priced at only 3.99? When you can find games at my SA they are very cheap, as in 1$ or under, but I hardly ever see games there.

Whenever I see games at a SA here, they're between $3-5 a pop, though I think the few SA stores that have started getting in PS2/Xbox stuff now charge $7-8 per game for those.

Mind you, many times it's stuff that's popular like God Of War, so $7-8 is decent if it's mint/complete. Of course, most times it's in bad shape, so it's no deal at that price.

When I worked at Sears someone walked out with a 500 dollar dewalt power tool set. Even got the license plate and everything and watched him do it. The guy came in two days later. I called our loss prevention guys and they watched him do it again. Guy came in the third time and bought something. They said they couldn't do anything because they didn't catch him shoplifting the 2nd time even though they had him on tape doing it they had to detain him or something. I don't know their policies but I'm sure either he was afraid any confrontation with the guy because he was really big or that was just how they did things.
Pretty sure they were more into watching employees than shoplifters.

When I worked at Kmart someone ran out with an N64 and the cart guys hit him with a row of carts. Management didn't care lol that was great.

Speaking of tag switching stories, I stopped in a Blockbuster tonight and I was shocked to see a used copy of Red Faction: Guerrilla for the 360 marked $34.99.

Thinking something was definitely up with the price dropping on that since I saw copies the other day at another BBV and they were marked either $54.99 or $49.99, I took it up to the front register and asked if that was the right price.

First off, when the clerk checked the game in the system, he said they don't even have one for PRP and if they did it should be $49.99. So, perhaps I stopped an employee's inside job to get themselves a cheaper copy of RF:G?:lol::D

My parents own a liqueur store and i was working there once. After a long busy day, maybe 12,000 in the till, a man came in with the gun. My father(pretty old) just gave it to him, but i caught him just outside the door and tackled him. I then proceeded to rough him up pretty bad. Turns out, it was just a pellet gun spray painted black. Needless to say he surrendered to the cops immediately.

[quote name='RobMinhas']My parents own a liqueur store and i was working there once. After a long busy day, maybe 12,000 in the till, a man came in with the gun. My father(pretty old) just gave it to him, but i caught him just outside the door and tackled him. I then proceeded to rough him up pretty bad. Turns out, it was just a pellet gun spray painted black. Needless to say he surrendered to the cops immediately.[/QUOTE]

I used to work at a liquor store and I always said if I got robbed here the cash, would you like me to carry it out to your car for you? Would you like a bottle of Cristal or scotch with that?

I would never risk my life for some cash, pellet gun or not.

@robminhas Well that was a heroic move for you, fortunately for you hes not a professional criminal and hes not carrying a real gun, if that so i think your going to have a traumatic exp.

Well all i can of same thing is happened to me, ill call the police immediately and tell all the details i observed from the robber. most probably hes shoes if i can.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']I used to work at a liquor store and I always said if I got robbed here the cash, would you like me to carry it out to your car for you? Would you like a bottle of Cristal or scotch with that?

I would never risk my life for some cash, pellet gun or not.[/QUOTE]

Well, this is his FAMILY'S store. If I just worked in a store and got robbed I wouldn't give a shit, but if someone was robbing the store that I owned you better believe I would go all apeshit on them. :)

Good job RobMinhas. I'm glad you weren't hurt. I hope you managed some severe blows to the ribs. :)

[quote name='SaraAB'] I worked at Kmart and we were told if there is a code adam and we see the child in question with a person other than the parents that we were supposed to do anything to get the kid away from the person even if it meant using force (personally, you couldn't pay me enough to do it)...[/QUOTE]

Maybe someone should steal you and no one should care enough to stop the person.

Obviously you have never been around a child enough to know that no matter how well the parents raise them, they are vulnerable. Obviously your life is FAR more valuable than that of any child. -1 to your Karma for your lack of caring. :dunce:

Back to the topic at hand, one of the Wally Worlds in my area just removed ALL of the self checkouts because enough of the vagrants in the area were scanning Kool-Aid (or something similar) while passing through $10 roasts or similar items - never to be caught. Cannot say that I blame them, but cannot say that I did not expect people to do this either.

[quote name='czissis']Yeah, as much as I hate shoplifters. They aren't really the reason for high retail prices. They are miniscule in comparison to typical costs such as labor, rent, utilities, insurance, distribution, etc.[/QUOTE]

nah, it's greed and the want to be a big shot and fuck everyone you can cuz you make the money to justify it (to yourself).

I loved stealing at a younger age, much fun... oh the stories! Today, no more, got to much to live for. It's funny though, you never turn off that criminal in your mind, you can only tune it out occasionally ;)

[quote name='jmbreci']Maybe someone should steal you and no one should care enough to stop the person.

Obviously you have never been around a child enough to know that no matter how well the parents raise them, they are vulnerable. Obviously your life is FAR more valuable than that of any child. -1 to your Karma for your lack of caring. :dunce:

Back to the topic at hand, one of the Wally Worlds in my area just removed ALL of the self checkouts because enough of the vagrants in the area were scanning Kool-Aid (or something similar) while passing through $10 roasts or similar items - never to be caught. Cannot say that I blame them, but cannot say that I did not expect people to do this either.[/QUOTE]

Oh man you just reminded me of my Wal-Mart. This one was a big one.

They had set up the self checkouts a few weeks ago. Then suddenly they all vanished. Apparently, when they installed the checkouts they were just like the checkouts the employees used. They still had all the random parts to them, including a button that would let you cancel an item on you've already scanned. People supposedly figured out about this and scanned a whole bunch of high priced items and robbed the store of thousands this way for weeks.

Let's set the way back machine to about 1995. I was working at Radio Shack in a mall. A guy came into the store trying to trade in a pager (we didn't do trades, so it was weird to begin with). The way the guy was asking we figured it was probably stolen. A little while later a cop comes into the store to buy some batteries. The guy with the pager happened to be outside our store window and was looking REALLY nervous when he saw our manger talking to that cop!

It just occured to me... do you young 'uns here even know what a pager was? :p

[quote name='MikeC'] Do you young 'uns here even know what a pager was? :p[/QUOTE]

Portable printer?

Other than the incident of someone busting out the glass case and the checkout stealing, I once saw a guy just standing over the clearance bin slicing open gameboy cases. Not much else though.

[quote name='ohram']Oh man you just reminded me of my Wal-Mart. This one was a big one.

They had set up the self checkouts a few weeks ago. Then suddenly they all vanished. Apparently, when they installed the checkouts they were just like the checkouts the employees used. They still had all the random parts to them, including a button that would let you cancel an item on you've already scanned. People supposedly figured out about this and scanned a whole bunch of high priced items and robbed the store of thousands this way for weeks.[/QUOTE]

Never thought of this, might explain why all the self checkouts in my area vanished within a month at almost every store (this was several years ago). My brand-new super walmart has express lanes but there is not a self checkout to be found. I have only seen self checkouts left at one store in my area, and that is the grocery store Tops.

Some of the crooks Wear Formal Clothes to lessen the suspicion of the of store crews and store owners.

Here is mine. I used to work at a Babbages in a mall in Mesa, AZ around 15 years ago and there were these two kids around 13 stuffing games into their backpack.

Well anyway, we noticed and so I let my Asst. Mngr know. I devised a plan and put it in action. I excitedly asked the kids if they had been at the arcade yet because the newest version of Mortal Kombat 3 had been installed (which was a lie). They got excited so I offered them two quarters if they would go try it for me and let me know how cool it was. They bit but I told them so they could run fast that I would watch their backpack. They left it, and we had security waiting for them when they came back.

Good times. Good times.

Oh, and a theft story from the other side. I had a friend named James that used to take NES games from the game section at Target and slide them outside the store through the bars in the garden department. I know it took them about 3 months until they built a glass case for the games.

I never did that...... well maybe for a G.I. Joe once but I felt too guilty to do it again.

[quote name='WormFOODx']I never did that...... well maybe for a G.I. Joe once but I felt too guilty to do it again.[/QUOTE]

Monster! You need to turn yourself in! Because you've been on the run for so long I'm expecting a life sentence for you. At least a life sentence.

I work at Walmart in Electronics. I hate when people buy Guitar Hero World Tour bundle and then decide like 3 days later I hate this game im bringing it back and watn my money. Well I had a guy come in while i was putting out the new release games on Tuesday. He actually broke into the IPOD case with some kind of magnet device, I caught him out of the corner of my eye and radiod in to LP and management. I got the response don't bother us we are on break! I was like seriously WTF! I walk over to this guy and was like can i help you? This guy just starts screaming at te top of his lungs I was told I had to do this please dont kill me. HE drops everything except like two 64 gb Ipod Touches and ran out towards the groceries heading for the front door. I just sat there, like some people have said its not worth risking your life over. The manager finally comes out like an hour later and writes me up and says you shoud have chased them! That is ridiculous!

[quote name='evilsuperman33']The manager finally comes out like an hour later and writes me up and says you shoud have chased them! That is ridiculous![/QUOTE]

You were under no obligation to chase them. LP deserves the write-up. I would report this to a district manager pronto.

bread's done
Back