shopping for a smaller hdtv, need your help...

UberCAG

CAGiversary!
Hey everyone, im in the market for a lcd hdtv for my apartment in school. In our living room we have a 40 inch samsung lcd but im tired of playing 360 out there because its my roommates, so i want to replace the 20 inch samsung crt in my room for a lcd of similar size, between 20-27 inches, preferably around 23 or 25, and id like to spend less than 400-500 dollars. I know that may result in a downgrade to a vizio, but i want a samsung or sharp or another top brand ideally...any help would be appreciated!

(i know i missed out on the 22 lg on black friday, but i wasnt sure about it and how i would get it too school)

Why do you care about picture quality on a small set like that? You'd have to sit on top of the thing to really make out any improvements to the picture that you'd get buying a brand name versus a Brand X (Vizio, Westinghouse, etc).

Take that money, get a 32" Olevia, Vizio or Westinghouse and enjoy it for gaming and movies, and don't be too critical of the picture.

PS: Samsung isn't a top tier brand, technically they are a 2nd tier brand out of Korea....middle of the road, really.

because when i want to play my xbox 360 i have to play on my tv since the other xbox isnt mine and uses the big tv, so im used to playing in high def, but for games like halo 3 and bioshock and mass effect i want to play on my own xbox so i get the achievements and have it saved and stuff

Vizios and Olivias are televisions that are pretty cheap, but i'm not sure if they are good or not. i just bought a 23 in. samsung lcd hdtv monitor. Even though it's quite expensive, it's worth it. good luck.

Sigh... yes, even on smaller TVs, there's a definite difference. Typically, the people who say there's no difference are those trying to justify their Olevia.

OP: Try and find a Samsung... with that price range, that's easily the best option... though I'm not entirely sure they have a TV quite that inexpensive.

bread's done
Back