shopTHQ/Digital River Return/Exchange Question

AFC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey guys, I apologize if this is in the wrong forum, but I've never made a non-deal thread before and this seemed like the best place.

I received my pre-order copy of Darksiders II today, which I was initially pretty excited about (it being 3 days early and all), before opening the package and discovering that the game disc was loose inside. Now, I know that this doesn't guarantee that there's any damage to the disc (any previous experiences I had with this were all 360 games, and I've heard Blu-rays can take more punishment), but I'm still worried about what my options are if I do open the game and it doesn't work.

Any time I've read about Digital River customer service in the past here or on other sites it's never been positive, and I checked shopTHQ's website where they say they won't give refunds but don't mention anything about replacements. In the past, Amazon has always given me the benefit of the doubt when such situations occur, but given the difference in customer service reputation between the two companies, I'm worried Digital River won't take back an opened game. Given this, the only reason I'm even considering opening it first to check is because I remember one other CAG mentioning it took him over a month to get a reply from Digital River. Since I'll be out of the country late August to early September, I really don't want to risk a similar situation if I ask for an exchange first.

So, does anybody have previous experience dealing with shopTHQ/Digital River for a similar issue? Any suggestions as to what I should do?

Thank you, and I apologize if this is a stupid question/is in the wrong place.

bread's done
Back