Shortages or lied too?

jedi0077

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Hey! I got sent to "the" walmart this morning for a few last minute thanksgiving items. My friend who works there told me they were selling a couple Xbones and PS4's at 6pm. So I decided to wait for a ps4 later in the day.(I already won an xbox on every2minutes.com). However I overheard a conversation by the store manager and the electronics team members. Apparently they had 0 Xboxes to sell. Worse? They had a sign from MS stating that Xbox One is in extremely high demand and expect to begin keeping shelves filled by... Wait for it..... 2014. Yikes! I just wonder how true this is. Has anyone seen them on shelves yet? Even a few? They had 15 PS4's. Just FYI I can't believe I have to wait 7 more weeks for mine.

https://www.every2minutes.com/auction/2905

My best buy opened at 6. I got there at 8. They had at least two left, not sure how many initially though. Its a shame I got screwed out of it. I was handed the sku tag and told it would be waiting for me at the register. After waiting 25+ minutes in line, it was gone. Cashier sold it to some random person in line ahead of me cashing out who saw it behind the counter. Beyond mad

Also, Target had 5 by me this week, but I wasnt able to get there in time :(

2014 lol. It's always gonna depend on the store and how many units get distributed to it. One store might have nothing, another store a couple so If data was known about all the stores then you'd be able to say for sure or not. Retail also gets information in and updates their expectations almost all the time.

Console production this gen is significantly higher than any previous generation. So any shortages can be chalked up to waiting for the next batch of consoles to come off the factory line. I'm sure a certain marketing strategy goes into it as well as shortages keep public interest up. Folks will run to the store to grab a PS4 or X1 but are not crazy enough to overpay for them from third party sellers.

I don't think Sony and Microsoft are holding back on delivery of consoles.  They only have 22 days left to sale these in the US.  After Christmas the number of people going out to buy a $400 or $500 console is going to be a lot lower demand.  Also since Sony and Microsoft are going head to head the one who ships the most consoles is going to sell the most.

I do believe a lot of stores will attempt to hold stock in order to have something to put on their front page ads.  :fridge:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Sony and Microsoft are holding back on delivery of consoles. They only have 22 days left to sale these in the US. After Christmas the number of people going out to buy a $400 or $500 console is going to be a lot lower demand. Also since Sony and Microsoft are going head to head the one who ships the most consoles is going to sell the most.
January and February are going to be very interesting for these consoles. March might pick up for them with Titanfall and Infamous hitting but I think you're going to see a dramatic drop off in console sales after the Christmas season is over.

bread's done
Back