Should coach K leave Duke for the Lakers?

Yeah, he should. It's a glamour job, especially if he does well, which he probably will. Even if he doesn't, he could without a doubt take any open job in the college game when he returns to it. That, and I greatly dislike Duke (even though my uconn huskies own them) and they will suffer greatly without him.

[quote name='janglypangly']Well,how much is he making at Duke?[/quote]

i think 1-2 million

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

i think that's the kind of sigs we DON'T need fo sheezy on cag.

[quote name='pukemon']^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

i think that's the kind of sigs we DON'T need fo sheezy on cag.[/quote]
I laugh every time I see that sig

Hell Yes Lakers should get Coach K. Oh and the Kings suck, that's why they couldn't make it to the finals for what is this now like the 5th year in a row being in the playoffs..

I hope he doesn't leave Duke. College basketball is huge over here in the Carolinas, and it would be strange not having Coach K on the sidelines and in the newspapers every day. The man is a fixture in the Durham area.

[quote name='captainfrizo']I hope he doesn't leave Duke. College basketball is huge over here in the Carolinas, and it would be strange not having Coach K on the sidelines and in the newspapers every day. The man is a fixture in the Durham area.[/quote]

Yeah. I heard a couple of Dukees camped out of his house with blowhorns convincing him to stay

The college game is not the same anymore. You have too Many people heading straight to the NBA. It might even seem like college with all the people that skipped it.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']The college game is not the same anymore. Yoo Many people heading straight to the NBA. It might even seem like college with all the people that skipped it.[/quote]

Thats a good point.

I would just like to make one more point. Maybe Coach K has found that the NCAA doesn't present itself anymore as a challenge for him. He's been in the Final Four nearly every year. Maybe this is a step in the right direction for him. Not to mention that the many is probably too good anyway.

I think the thought of not having to recruit is a big selling point in NCAA coaches leaving for the pros. I follow div 1 Hockey and the ULTRA succesful coach of UND left to become the assoc. head at columbus of all places. Recruiting time/pressure was one of the main reasons sited.

It would really suck... recruit rercruit recruit and then ..ah sorry I'm going pro instead of going to college at all, or to hear that after one year. A few years ago Duke was one of the few schools that weren't affected too much from early draft ages but now its caught up to even duke.

Hate to see him go to the Lakers but iwould be good for Coach K.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I would just like to make one more point. Maybe Coach K has found that the NCAA doesn't present itself anymore as a challenge for him. He's been in the Final Four nearly every year. Maybe this is a step in the right direction for him. Not to mention that the many is probably too good anyway.[/quote]

I don't understand this sentance at all "Not to mention that the maniy is probably too good anyway". WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

sorry Lootr2core i guess i should proofread my work better. It was supposed to say "Not to mention that the money us probably too good to say no anyway"

Sorry for the inconvenience.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']sorry Lootr2core i guess i should proofread my work better. It was supposed to say "Not to mention that the money us probably too good to say no anyway"

Sorry for the inconvenience.[/quote]

gothya..

(NO wait I need to write more.. one-three word responses are the exclusive domain of BigNick) :D

[quote name='Lootr2Core']I think the thought of not having to recruit is a big selling point in NCAA coaches leaving for the pros. I follow div 1 Hockey and the ULTRA succesful coach of UND left to become the assoc. head at columbus of all places. Recruiting time/pressure was one of the main reasons sited.

It would really suck... recruit rercruit recruit and then ..ah sorry I'm going pro instead of going to college at all, or to hear that after one year. A few years ago Duke was one of the few schools that weren't affected too much from early draft ages but now its caught up to even duke.

Hate to see him go to the Lakers but iwould be good for Coach K.[/quote]

Yup i agree . Luol Deng & Shaun Livingston

I could care less if he leaves. Never have liked Duke and Hate the lakers. I like both UNC-CH and NC State (pretty much a family thing)

plus my dad is working on Roy Williams basement. Gotta go with the guy that helps put food on my table :lol:

True Blue
Coach K turns down Lakers' lucrative offer, will stay at Duke
Posted: Monday July 5, 2004 12:02PM; Updated: Monday July 5, 2004 1:42PM
EMAIL ALERTS EMAIL THIS PRINT THIS SAVE THIS MOST POPULAR

Coach K
Mike Krzyzewski has won three NCAA titles at Duke.
Streeter Lecka/Getty Images

DURHAM, N.C. (AP) -- Mike Krzyzewski is staying at Duke, ending talks with the Los Angeles Lakers about becoming their coac The school said Monday that Krzyzewski had informed the Lakers of his decision. An afternoon news conference was scheduled on campus.

bread's done
Back