Should I buy a console during Black Friday, or wait for a better deal?

KHASN

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I'm thinking of picking up a 360, preferably an elite. Everyone tells me the extra HD space comes in handy.

Is it better to buy it on Friday or wait for a better deal in a couple of months?

Black Friday is best time to buy pretty much anything. It's a good time to buy one if you really want one. Be prepared to fight if you do.

I want to pick up Walmarts PS3 Bundle, but I cant hit a store so unless they post it online it's not happening.

Hopefully Amazon will match them though.

I think it's Target that will give you a $50 gift card if you buy the $300 120GB Elite that should come with Lego Batman and Pure for its Black Friday sale

Tax-wise, I think it breaks down to you paying $250+tax for the Elite and $50 for the actual gift card.

If you're planning to get Modern Warfare 2 and don't live in NY or WA, then try avoid paying tax or shipping by getting it online from a place like Amazon.com, where it would just be $400 (you're looking at maybe $440-ish anywhere else because of taxes)

Dell.com sometimes has either a 10 or 20% off sale on electronics and those sales do include video game consoles, but you will most likely have to pay taxes on those purchases and *maybe* shipping

And that comes with:

- limited edition MW2 console which is mostly likely a Jasper unit (less prone to RROD)
- 2 controllers, so extra one is at least $40-50 savings
- Modern Warfare 2 regular edition, which is still $60 everywhere
- 250 gig hard drive, which isn't even sold in stores yet (the 120 gig HDD alone sells for $150+)

Amazon will have a 120GB Slim with Killzone 2, Infamous, and a $10 credit for $300 shipped on Black Friday... Expect it to be sold within 2 mnnutes.

Halo 3 ODST will also be $30...

[quote name='perdition(troy']not risking death for the deal, sorry :booty:[/QUOTE]

Hahah. All week my husband and I have been combing through various Black Friday ads and have been saying the exact same thing. "Not a good enough deal for us to get out of bed at 4 a.m. in the morning and risk our lives for it."

We're doing online sales for everything this year.

I agree with above posted - PS3 Best Buy deal (with Little Big Planet and Ratchet+Clank) for $299 is the best deal you'll find before Christmas. I don't think pre-Xmas sales will be better. Any oft he bundles are great deals right now, though.

bread's done
Back