Should i buy a ps3 NOW? Or after CES?

i also have this problem, i have $400 in BB credit and i dont know whether to get that bundle (even though i really dont want killzone) or wait and see if there is a possible price drop

Yea man...But my problem is i REALLY want both those games...Like i would end up buying those 2 games even if i didnt get this bundle. So this is the best deal for me.

Also, CES is 6 months away lol...kind of a long time to wait...But december is only 5 months. which could bring a new system or a holiday season price drop.

I guess the real question is, can you wait? :p

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']Just wait. You've got nothing to lose by waiting.[/QUOTE]

EXCEPT FOR PRECIOUS HOURS OF POWNING N00BZ!!1!1!1!!11!!1!!ELEVEN!!1!1!ONE!1!!12@1!21!1!!12!!1!!FISHTACO!1!!

I just want a full-bc ps3 like the 60gb. So I'll be waiting a little longer before I buy a 60gb incase they do make my wish come true.

@Mako1215: I don't mean to be harsh, but...you're kind of out of luck :D

@Noogums: I'm sure the bundle will still be around somewhere by the time CES rolls around. Hell, it might be easier to find if they drop a new bundle.

I bought mine about a year ago and I haven't regretted it since... it has some great exclusives but the line will only get better. I got the 80GB MGS4 bundle which has like 50% BC though I wish it had full BC.

MGS4 is probably the most refined and well made game I've played this generation and Killzone 2 looks damn fine and has a fantastic multiplayer mode. And there are plenty of other exclusives on the system.

But there's no loss in waiting. There's still a chance that Sony will drop the price and if you wait, the prices of the older exclusives will go down.

MGS is a CG movie with 45 minute parts you can play...KZ2 is good but nothing spectacular..the online is also lacking in comparison to a lot of other games...i say wait....Ive had mine for a year and I barely touch it (which upsets me, Sony needs to fucking get on the ball).

lol right pricesdrop thatll happen soon....... really u should grab the bb bundle its completley worth itand as a random side note red and blue controllers in october

[quote name='mission42']Sounds like you want it now so why not just go out and get it if you have that extra money burning a hole in your pocket.[/QUOTE]

This dam money's been burning a hole in my pocket for months lol...idk i just think things over a lot when it comes to spending a substantial amount of money like this...Plus i think 400 is way too much for this system. but we wont get into that because every one knows that already.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']The Slim comes out the end of this month with Madden for $300. Get that.[/QUOTE]

O RLY!? Where'd you hear that?

Edit: was reading on engadget. There is actually a VERY good chance that^ will happen. i read that sony signed with distributors to send new ps3's in july, but that it would probably be released in august along side madden, or that it would have a $100 price drop...Also for back to school shopping because thats apparently a popular time to buy consoles. :p

I'm gonna wait. After reading the articles on engadget im very convinced. If nothing happens by the end of august, im just gonna get the bundle i think.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vinny']
But there's no loss in waiting. There's still a chance that Sony will drop the price and if you wait, the prices of the older exclusives will go down.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly why I'm waiting. I don't really care about BC, and my PS2 backlog dictates that I don't need another system to worry about right now. When there's a hundred dollar price drop (coming soon, hopefully) I'll get one.

Last edited by a moderator:
i heard a rumor that there will be a $100 console price cut when madden comes out. I heard it should be for all consoles. Sony was specifically mentioned, so we'll find out if it is true or not coming up?

You could always wait for dell's insane coupons on the KZ2/MGS bundle, then if that doesn't happen go for the price drop in a few weeks.

[quote name='lolwut?']If I were you, I'd look for a deal on a 60gig model on my local craigslist; that's what I did :D[/QUOTE]

No warranty, no guarantee it will work. If I can find a system at retail, then I never turn to craigslist for it, unless it's an offer that I cant refuse, like a $50 PS3. But usually I just wait for a price drop, sale, or attractive bundle.

[quote name='lolwut?']If I were you, I'd look for a deal on a 60gig model on my local craigslist; that's what I did :D[/QUOTE]

^^ this ^^

We have a launch 60 and another bought for $350 off CL...
Some exposure, but the CL unit still had the box, controllers were tight and not abused and adult owner had only played Mannon...someday, might be $150 to repair either one...but full BC, decent size hard drive...just put a 500 gig in the launch unit...
The slim looks neat but will there be "slim" mechanical issues like with the PS2? only time will tell...

[quote name='donut'].
The slim looks neat but will there be "slim" mechanical issues like with the PS2? only time will tell...[/QUOTE]

There were mechanical issues with the slim? I bought mine about a month after they launched them. I play it every day, and I've had no problems.

[quote name='toxicinzanity']lol right pricesdrop thatll happen soon....... really u should grab the bb bundle its completley worth itand as a random side note red and blue controllers in october[/QUOTE]

Hopefully Sony drops the price on the controllers the same time a system price drop occurs. You're not telling me that BlueTooth functionality, that silly motion sensing garbage and rumble motors are costing Sony 2x what it cost them for PS2 controllers.

Just another excuse for them to fuckin' gouge, like last gen with the multitaps and memory cards.

As for the OP's question, I'd say to wait and see if a drop occurs. You can get both of those games much cheaper later on. Hell, I just picked up Metal Gear Cutscene last week myself for about $18 out the door in mint condition from Gamestop(a rarity)with the 25% off coupon.

ALL GAMES GET PRICEDROPS!!! Well, except for fuckin' Uncharted, which is still $40 used everywhere except for Blockbuster.

bread's done
Back