Should I buy Megaman 1-6 for the NES or just pick up the Megaman Collection?

controlcommerce

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
The price of Megaman 1-6 has dropped pretty low in the last few years. Mostly because of the games getting ported by the Megaman Collection. At one time Megaman 6 went for over $60 by itself but now I can buy all of them for around $70-75. I did pick up the collection for PS2 when it came out and barely touched it. I hated the controls, nothing like a NES pad. My question is, am I crazy for wanting the originals? Will it still be worth as much over time? Do you think some things are lost in a port?

I've played through II, III, IV and V on the NES and currently own the PS2 collection.

I say you are crazy if you think the minute differences warrant buying the originals.

I love the PS2 collection. It's got all the best Mega Man's on one simple cheap disk. This and the MMX Collection and my Mega Man fix is set for life.

I have once owned Mega Man 1-6 on the original NES and I own the collection. Quite frankly there are NO differences between the collection and the NES games. Just controls.

If you do want the old NES pad feeling and you own a Wii, Mega Man 1-3 are available on the Virtual Console. Yes they are $5 a pop, but hey the Wiimote is almost like a NES controler (with a shittier d-pad though).

Get the NES versions of 2 and 6, use the compilation for the rest. 2 because it's so iconic and there are some semi-major differences that I picked up on since I'm a 2 nut, and 6 because it's majorly underrated and pushes the NES to its limits.

I had the same problem with the controls for the Megaman Collection on PS2 and GameCube, so I just go out and buy the MM games for the NES.

LOL, I have all 6 originals, most of which are complete. I probabaly will never play them again, as I just play them on the compilation. Get the compilation.

I've found MM2 and MM3 for $5 a piece up the street from me which I think is a great price. Anyway if you just want to play get the collection. The save feature makes it worthwhile. Plus it goes all the way up to MM8 and the extras are great. Plus if you have a ps3 you can get MM9 and use the same controller for all the Mega Man games.

The Xbox version of Mega Man Anniversary Collection is actually the best version. The extras it has are an invterview, an episode of the Mega Man anime show, the ability to change the control scheme, and the arranged music tracks from the PS2 version (which were not found in the GC one).

I'd just go with that. Owning the originals might seem cool at first but the novelty will wear off eventually.

bread's done
Back