Should I buy my friend's Xbox 360?

matters38

CAGiversary!
Ok, so here's the story. My friend got his Xbox360 at launch and took great care of it. He never played for more than 3 hours at a time and kept it in a well ventelated spot. Yesterday he calls me and says that he finally got the red ring of death, and as a result, went out and bought an Elite, seeing as he's wanted to upgrade for a while but had no real reason before now. He said that he's going to send in his old one to get repaired, and offered to sell it to me if I was interested. Now, we've been friends for a long time so there's no prospects of shady stuff and he will totally give me a reasonable price. Should I go for it? Or do you guys think it'll still be a risk even if it's been repaired?

Also, does anyone know if, along with extra heat sinks, MS will drop the new falcon chipset in when they repair it? Thanks in advance for your suggestions everyone.:D

They'll fix it for you, and maybe even send a new one, but it would probably still be an older model.

if its a good price go for it. getting it back from the factory is the same thing as getting a new 360 basically

[quote name='wwe101']if its a good price go for it. getting it back from the factory is the same thing as getting a new 360 basically[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I've been thinking. But it's a large investment in many ways, because it's not just the system, but the Xbox Live account, games, controllers, etc. I just hate to think it would go out on me and leave me with a $xxx brick, and would then have to go buy another one.

But yeah, I'm get paranoid that way because of my last car, which I paid $3000 for and had die on me after only 2.5 years. Turned out the guy I bought it from rolled back the odometer, so I get wary about buying a questionable quality product.

Thanks guys for your input!

[quote name='matters38']Yeah, that's what I've been thinking. But it's a large investment in many ways, because it's not just the system, but the Xbox Live account, games, controllers, etc. I just hate to think it would go out on me and leave me with a $xxx brick, and would then have to go buy another one.

But yeah, I'm get paranoid that way because of my last car, which I paid $3000 for and had die on me after only 2.5 years. Turned out the guy I bought it from rolled back the odometer, so I get wary about buying a questionable quality product.

Thanks guys for your input![/QUOTE]

that was different. In this instance you're buying the product from your friend.

I would wholly recommend getting the refurb your friend gets back. You may even get one with a late october manufacture date.

bread's done
Back