Should I buy one of these coffee makers? Keurig

dravack

CAGiversary!
Feedback
105 (100%)
http://www.staples.com/Keurig-K65-Single-Serve-Brewer/product-nr_681592 For $79.99 

or

http://www.staples.com/Keurig-OfficePRO-Single-Cup-Commercial-Coffee-Brewer-Black-Silver/product-nr_853653 For $64.99

I'm leaning towards the $80 because really it's $15 I'd rather have the nicer one. But they have the Vue machines now. Worth waiting for one of those on sale? I mean supposedly it makes a better cup. Also they might discontinue the K-cups kinda like what happened with the t-discs.

I dunno... I know it's completely illogical to get one of these. But I soooo love being lazy lol. And coffee, tea, hot chocolate at the press of a button is so tempting.

Someone please give me a sound argument so my wallet doesn't hate me after this season. If I get this and the PS4+games I know it's going to be upset lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cant say anything about those models bro cuz mines older

But i can say my keurig delivers the best dam cup of coffee i've ever had every morning

no regrets, plus i buy the kcups on amazon, cheaper than grocery stores and no tax

I cant say anything about those models bro cuz mines older

But i can say my keurig delivers the best dam cup of coffee i've ever had every morning

no regrets, plus i buy the kcups on amazon, cheaper than grocery stores and no tax
You know I said help not convince me to do evil things to my wallet =P. I went ahead and placed an order today since the coupons expire. Free shipping to me for being a member. I can always just return it.

Don't buy the Kcups, get one of those reusable cups anyway.
This is something I planned on doing. However, I will buy a few k-cups for ease of use. I mean Sam's Club sells them 80 count for like $39.99. At less than $0.50 a pop I can afford that.

I have an older one that just does one cup and it is great.  I stopped buying the kcups and I just use the part that lets me use my own coffee.  They are great if all you want is one cup.  I have read that the more expensive model you posted lets you control how hot the water gets and how strong the coffee is.  Also you can put the Keurig travel mug in it unlike the ones with out a reservoir.  I really see no point to the reservoir as if I use mine it is only for one cup and I don't want the water to just sit in it.  That's all I see these things used for is a single cup.  If I make more than one I just use my small 4 cup coffee pot.  

Also Keurig has a new maker however you can only get the cups that are made for it.  It is the Vue.  I'm not sure what is different outside of the kcup design change.

EDIT:  Also the coffee is about the only good thing from it.  Some of the teas aren't bad however the hot chocolate has little to no taste at all.  I think all of the models come with samples of the coffee, tea and hot chocolate. 

I was given an older model a few years back. I used it often but the kcups got to expensive. It's collecting dust now. 

Don't buy the Kcups, get one of those reusable cups anyway.

gotta disagree with this. When I first got my keurig, i thought "hey, I'll save money and buy a reusable solofill kcup or whatever"... used it for a week. It takes away from the whole convenience of a kcup and is a pain in the ass to clena.

And with subscribe and save from amazon, you can get a 50 pack for like $24.

I've had a keurig for a couple years now and love it.

I bought one of the reusable filter cups, but haven't used it in ages. The k cups are just too convenient and aren't that expensive from amazon or kuerigs website.

I mean yeah, they're more than cheap crap like Folgers or Maxwell house. But keurig isn't for people who just drink that cheap garbage, and I spend less on k cups than I did on beans from Starbucks and other places before.

What are some brands of coffee that people recommend?  I'm not sure how the kcups are, but I have really started to like Gevalia and Kaldi's brand coffees.

I usually get Green Mountain Dark Magic K-cups. Also a French roast I got last time I like a lot, but I don't recall the brand.

I always had trouble getting the reusable cup not to release grounds into the coffee

the end result was a weaker cup of coffee too.

the donut shop brand kcups are my favorite

I also recommend the Keurig; it's much better (and more convenient) than I imagined.  I am really enjoying the Donut Shop k-cups.  It is like a better version of Dunkin' Donuts coffee at 1/3rd the price.

If quality coffee is your concern than just get an Aeropress for $25. Keurig coffee is underwhelming and the k-cups are overpriced, but if you're not nuts about coffee and money isn't an issue, there's definitely a slight convenience to it.

If quality coffee is your concern than just get an Aeropress for $25. Keurig coffee is underwhelming and the k-cups are overpriced, but if you're not nuts about coffee and money isn't an issue, there's definitely a slight convenience to it.
See my problem is. I have a french press (yes I know its different but also similar) and it makes GREAT coffee. But I'm a lazy bum. I like having something pre measured so I know it makes the exact same coffee every single time and honestly I don't want to sit there getting the exact .01 grams of coffee each time lol. Soooo this is the next best thing least thats the logic I used to justify buying it. >.>

See my problem is. I have a french press (yes I know its different but also similar) and it makes GREAT coffee. But I'm a lazy bum. I like having something pre measured so I know it makes the exact same coffee every single time and honestly I don't want to sit there getting the exact .01 grams of coffee each time lol. Soooo this is the next best thing least thats the logic I used to justify buying it. >.>
Yeah, it's for people who actually have shit to do and need a cup of coffee, as opposed to casual dinners with friends and you have time to break out the french press.

Yeah. I just like strong coffee to wake me up in the morning as I'm not a morning person at all. Not a coffee aficionado or anything. I just don't like medium roast crap like Folgers, but beyond that will take convenience over quality as I'm just there for the caffeine mostly anyway.

I have a gaggia superautomatic espresso machine. Makes great coffee, worth every penny.

I've tried keurig before, but the coffee they make is pretty meh.

I have a gaggia superautomatic espresso machine. Makes great coffee, worth every penny. I've tried keurig before, but the coffee they make is pretty meh.
That looks awesome dude. I put it on my wish list. but $999 is a bit out of my price range lol

edit:

actually excuse me the one I want is $2000

http://www.amazon.com/Gaggia-1003380-Accademia-Espresso-Machine/dp/B0041G2OZ8/ref=sr_1_14?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1381350727&sr=1-14&keywords=gaggia+espresso+machine

I like my coffee, but I don't like it that much.  I'm happy with my Keurig for just one cup and if I want more my old coffee pot that was maybe 30 bucks at Walmart 10 or so years ago.

gotta disagree with this. When I first got my keurig, i thought "hey, I'll save money and buy a reusable solofill kcup or whatever"... used it for a week. It takes away from the whole convenience of a kcup and is a pain in the ass to clean
Not sure what you mean, because my refillable cup is a breeze to clean! I tried a bunch of different k-cups when I first got my Keurig but mostly just use my own grounds now. It's just too damn convenient, even if I want a couple of cups.

Not sure what you mean, because my refillable cup is a breeze to clean! I tried a bunch of different k-cups when I first got my Keurig but mostly just use my own grounds now. It's just too damn convenient, even if I want a couple of cups.
Which one do you have? My reuse able one sucks. I always get coffee in the lid and that sometimes comes out in the brew. Then I have to clean it. At 50 cents a cup, it's worth the convenience even if the solo fill wasn't so hard to clean.

Solofill Cup, Refillable Cup For Keurig K-Cup Brewers, Red
http://amzn.com/B005K0L2U2

Will be posting a deal here tomorrow for you guys that helped me out. Pretty sweet little deal from some k-cups and free samples for fairly cheap. Breaks down to like $0.25 a cup plus a few extra snacks.

I'd like to say around noon central time. But since it's 4 am here now I'll try to be up by noon since i have chores to do and work tomorrow at 5. Really should be shooting for 10 am. So just check back here at 10 or 12 central. I'll not post it anywhere else for an hour or two once posted so you guys have a shot and ask you guys not to post it anywhere else for a bit too please. It will die within seconds once hitting slickdeals.

It's 32 k-cups for $7.96 + a few other samples.

I doubt you guys will really want it but figured I'd try to help you since you helped me.

Please do not post this anywhere else yet. Less you plan on giving me credit =P Ideally I'd like to wait an hour or two for some of you guys who helped me decide to get a k-cup machine to get in on it before posting to like slick-deals and having it killed within seconds.

Follow these steps below for 

Grove Square Cappuccino, Single Serve Cup for Keurig K-Cup Brewers + Extras for $7.96

Buy this coffee! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005K4Q1YA/ref=ox_ya_os_product

Step 1:

Clip 20% coupon

Step 2: 

Scroll down add each Special Offer/Promo (you will have to keep going back to product page)

Step 3:

Go to card and change Qty of Grove Square Cappuccino to 1

Step 4: 

Check out! your total should be similar (or with tax varies by state)

"Item(s) Subtotal: $22.59

Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Your Coupon Savings: -$1.68
Free Sample: -$1.99
Free sample: -$1.99
Promotion Applied: -$1.00
Free sample: -$0.99
Free sample: -$2.99
Free sample: -$3.99
  -----
Total before tax: $7.96
Sales Tax: $0.00"

The one from Keurig is a pain IMO since it's in 3 pieces and you have to pop out the needle basket to use it (moot if you only use it I guess).

I have the one below and it's ok--just sometimes gets grounds in the coffee, and it comes out weaker than a K-Cup.  It's  fairly easy to clean, but any cleaning is more than the none with a K-cup.  :D

http://www.amazon.com/Ekobrew-Refillable-Keurig-Brewers-1-Count/dp/B0051SU0OW/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1381434758&sr=1-1&keywords=ekobrew+k+cup

Please do not post this anywhere else yet. Less you plan on giving me credit =P Ideally I'd like to wait an hour or two for some of you guys who helped me desired to get a k-cup machine to get in on it before posting to like slick-deals and having it killed within seconds.

Follow these steps below for

Grove Square Cappuccino, Single Serve Cup for Keurig K-Cup Brewers + Extras for $7.96

Buy this coffee! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005K4Q1YA/ref=ox_ya_os_product

Step 1:

Clip 20% coupon

Step 2:

Scroll down add each Special Offer/Promo (you will have to keep going back to product page)

Step 3:

Go to card and change Qty of Grove Square Cappuccino to 1

Step 4:

Check out! your total should be similar (or with tax varies by state)

"Item(s) Subtotal: $22.59

Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Your Coupon Savings: -$1.68
Free Sample: -$1.99
Free sample: -$1.99
Promotion Applied: -$1.00
Free sample: -$0.99
Free sample: -$2.99
Free sample: -$3.99
-----
Total before tax: $7.96
Sales Tax: $0.00"
Walmart has this brand in store in the 18 pack for $7.96 in case someone doesn't want to order it online. This one on Amazon is still a much better deal though because for the price you're getting an extra 6 Kcups.

Walmart has this brand in store in the 18 pack for $7.96 in case someone doesn't want to order it online. This one on Amazon is still a much better deal though because for the price you're getting an extra 6 Kcups.
Kinda sorta. Your getting more than 6. Since it's a 24 pack + 7 bonus cups so really its a 31 pack. Which is getting 13 extra cups. For the same price as walmart. Plus your getting granola and a couple normal tea bags and such.

The one from Keurig is a pain IMO since it's in 3 pieces and you have to pop out the needle basket to use it (moot if you only use it I guess).
That's the one I have. It's not a pain at all--twist the lid and pop out the basket, what's so bad about that? Rinse/clean the basket and fill it with a spoonful of your own grounds, put it back in the holder and twist the lid back on. Easy-peasy.

Link to refillable cup

I have a mini I got a few years ago. I just got this one from SAMs club that came with 36 kcups the official reusable kcup and water filter for 129 for my bday. I took the mini to use at work. I like my new one I can fit my thermos unde it.

I have a mini I got a few years ago. I just got this one from SAMs club that came with 36 kcups the official reusable kcup and water filter for 129 for my bday. I took the mini to use at work. I like my new one I can fit my thermos unde it.
Can it not fit under the mini if you remove the tray?

No it would not fit under my mini even without tray. The one I have now is a lot higher space with or without the tray.

That's the one I have. It's not a pain at all--twist the lid and pop out the basket, what's so bad about that? Rinse/clean the basket and fill it with a spoonful of your own grounds, put it back in the holder and twist the lid back on. Easy-peasy.

Link to refillable cup
It's not rocket science or anything, but it is a tad more hassle than a one piece basket that doesn't require removing the k-cup needle basket. And both are more hassle than using a k-cup.

I only bought one as a girl I was dating at the time bitched about k-cups not being environmentally friendly. :). She's long gone so I'm back to loving the convenience of k-cups as that was my sole reason for buying the thing in the first place. If I'm going to use my own grounds is just go back to using my 4 cup coffee pot.

bread's done
Back